[Striped] - 008

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi hadn't seen Jongin ever since their tragic meeting at the café. Maybe he was avoiding her again, who knows, but it was also true that EXO had an hectic schedule at the moment. The group could have a concert in China and after come back to Korea to film a CF or even attend an event. All of this without mentioning their countless photoshoots.

 

 

All of this but no rehearsal in the practice room. Which was unusual in Jongin's case because of his practice maniac ways. It was well known in the company that Jongin practiced even when the group was on rest or on the contrary, busy. So why? Why in the world hadn't she seen a trace of Jongin in a week when she went to practice everyday? Not that she was looking for him, of course. It was purely a coincidence that she needed to practice the dance steps for their next comeback this week.

 

 

This was getting out of hand. She couldn't believe that Jongin really did skip a week worth of practice just for her. Just to avoid her. He never did, so why start now after a little fight? They went through worst after all. 

 

 

She couldn't be more important to Jongin than practice, even in her wildest dreams. And that was something she learnt a long time ago.

 

 

Seulgi sighed as she remembered old memories of her trainee days. She hated feeling nostalgic, especially about this part of her life. She picked her duffel bag that was laying on the cold floor of Red Velvet's designated practice room and dialed her manager's phone number. It was getting late and she didn't want to be scolded again for coming home after the curfew. 

 

 

Last week was enough for her. Joohyun not only scolded her for not answering her phone but also for coming home at 2 AM. Of course, Joohyun wasn't insensible. She knew that something wasn't right when she saw Seulgi's red eyes and noticed her obviously absentminded answers. She asked her multiple questions but Seulgi's vague answers only increased her worry and her worry turned into anger in no time. Joohyun got so mad because of Seulgi's silence that she nagged for fifteen minutes straight and complained to her manager about the incident the next day. In conclusion, Seulgi got scolded twice by her manager and Joohyun and ended up being grounded for a week, which meant nothing but access to the company and of course the dorm. Just remembering it exhausted her.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jongin was tying his shoelaces before the beginning of the rehearsal for their performance at some Chinese TV show. He was early and he knew it. He came before his hyungs to have more time to think.  Jongin has always been the type to listen and think a lot before saying one word. It was his thing. But what about now? The only thing he could think about was what had been troubling him for a week now. Seulgi.

 

 

Jongin sighed. 

 

 

She was crying, he was so sure of it. He couldn't have imagined those tears. Did I go too far again? he thought. Even though he regretted being the reason behind her tears, he couldn't understand why she cried. Because he said that she didn't want to arrange anything? Because he said that she didn't give a about him? Even if it hurt her, that's how he truly felt. Not once Jongin looked at Seulgi and felt welcomed since their fight. And last week only proved his thinking. It obviously wasn't a matter of time: too many years passed without any improvement. If anything, their relationship only worsened over time. As much as he wanted to be positive, Jongin started to think that nothing could help their situation anymore. 

 

 

It completely broke him when he saw that she was trying to finish her milkshake quickly to leave as soon as possible when he was actually enjoying the moment. He wanted it to last, just to feel a bit of what was left in the past, but she didn't want to and it hurt him. Is it really over? he thought again.

 

 

But it wasn't the only time he felt like he had been stabbed right in the heart that night. Jongin couldn't stand the way she said "us" when she proclaimed "There's no us". It didn't only irk him, it also made him feel like . It was like telling him to stop trying, that it wasn't worth it because what was left in the past was never going to come back.

 

 

Jongin felt his heart get heavier as many others thoughts made their entrance in his gloomy mind. He shook his head erratically in hope to chase them away but all he got was a loud sigh of despair. It didn't work.

 

He was about to leave for the cafeteria to stop himself from drowning in sorrow when someone grabbed him by the shoulder. When he turned around, he saw Sehun with his usual pokerface and furrowed eyebrows.

 

 

"What's wrong?" Sehun said softly while pointing to the place next to him on the stage for Jongin to sit.

 

 

"Nothing," Jongin dully answered  as he sat down.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter