010

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"What's this?" Irene innocently asked.

 

"The exit button," Seulgi replied.

 

"Ahh! And can I use it when I am on that In… Insomething thing?"

 

"You can't use Instagram on your iPad unnie," Seulgi replied while holding in her laughter. "And it is not the same button when you want to quit Safari..."

 

"Why is it so complicated," she cutely ranted. "This is why I say that we should separate things: if you want to listen to music, buy an MP3 and if you want to play games, buy a game console. Just as simple."

 

"It's not practical at all," Seulgi said as she got up. "It's not only a lot of money wasted but also time that you will never get back that is going into those 'separate things'," she mocked.

 

"Let her be, she wants to show off how old she is," Joy joked as she took her iced coffee from the table.

 

As busy as she was trying to understand her new electronic toy, Irene didn't even hear the youngster mock her.

 

Joy let out a sigh: it's not funny if there's no reaction.

 

"So, where are Wendy and Yeri again?" Seulgi asked while warming up with her usual stretching session.

 

"I don't know," replied a disinterested Joy. "I heard something like snacks and convenience store before they left the building but I went away because I'm on a diet."

 

"So you really didn't ask them where they were going?!" Seulgi asked in disbelief.

 

"Well, they will eventually come back won't they?" Joy answered with a cheeky smile. "They'll comeback bare handed though."

 

"Why?" Seulgi innocently asked as she watched Joy's grin grow wider.

 

"Sadness-unnie left for the convenience store right before them to get instant coffee," Joy whispered. "They're gonna get the scare of their life to meet her there."

 

As Joy started to scarily laugh on her own, Irene continued to play in her soundproof bubble and Seulgi stayed fazed in the middle of the practice room.

 

"Why didn't you warn them if you knew?" She tried to sound severe for once but it came out like she was asking her if she wanted some ketchup for her fries. "Not only they're gonna get scolded for cheating on their diet, but they also won't bring back any snack!"

 

"It's funnier that way!" Joy playfully claimed. "And admit it unnie, you're just sad because you won't eat Pringles tonight."

 

"That's not tru—"

 

Totally out of nowhere Irene suddenly looked up and fixated her gaze on Seulgi's head.

 

"You should really get your roots done Seulgi, it looks weird."

 

 

It took the two girls some time to process what was going on inside Irene's head before deciding to let it go at that: there's nothing that can be explained there.

 

"Who cares since we're going to get new hair colors next week for our comeback," Seulgi sighed. "And it hurts too much to bleach my hair, I get a headache every time."

 

"So weak," Joy commented lowly.

 

"Blonde isn't for everyone, red head," Seulgi answered back.

 

It was almost the end of their Ice cream cake promotions and Seulgi's blonde hair started to wash away but she couldn't care less. The only thing she had in mind was the new choreography of their next title track that was supposed to come out in a few months: Dumb Dumb. Since the concept was already going to be a little eccentric, her manager assured them they would go easy on their hair, which reassured many. Nobody wants to be bald so early, right?

 

"And that is why I am getting black hair," Joy confessed. "Cutie-y Joy must live up to her image of a pure but aggressive beauty."

 

"How delusional can you get?" Irene distractedly commented.

 

"And that is also why I think Seulgi-unnie should get brown hair," said Joy to ignore Irene's comment.

 

"Why should I?"

 

"Because it's boring and you're no fun."

 

"I think I missed the funny part of your joke, Sooyoung."

 

"That's why you're no fun!" Joy laughed again.

 

Seulgi just glared. It's not like she was menacing in any way so might as well just do what she knew she was capable of.

 

"Ooh I'm so scared," Joy mocked. "The great defenseless bear looked my way!"

 

"Don't you have anything else to do Park Sooyoung?" Irene asked still distracted by her iPad.

 

"Actually, I don't."

 

"Then come help me take care of this farm, I still have a few cows to feed."

 

Seulgi could only laugh from afar seeing her fellow members bonding over a farming game.

 

As she was about to join them and their ridiculous daily farm tasks, she felt her cellphone vibrate in her pocket.

 

New message sent by Lord Spaghetti:

 

So are you coming yes or no Panini Head? I'm tired of waiting.

 

Seulgi half smiled and sighed at the same time.

 

"I'm going to get snacks from the vending machine," she suddenly announced.

 

"Why?" Irene asked surprised.

 

"You mean how," Joy continued. "It's right in front of the entrance where many managers come and go. This is a suicide."

 

"As a leader, I can't let you risk your life over some chips Seulgi," Irene added dramatically.

 

"Why are you two making it seem so intense? We did this a thousand times when we were trainees!" Seulgi said.

 

"Back then, it was easier because nobody payed attention to us!" Joy explained. "Well, nobody except the coachs."

 

"I have my ways. And Sadness-unnie is probably busy scolding Yeri and Wendy at the moment, it's only easier for me."

 

"I can't believe you are using your precious members as sacrificial lambs for your satanic plans," Joy exclaimed in horror.

 

"I don't want to hear this from you Park Sooyoung."

 

 

Joy only smiled again with her usual cheeky and sly smile.

 

 

"Well go ahead! Let yourself be trapped into the—"

 

"Yes thanks mom I'll be careful!" Seulgi said as she made her way out of the room with a wide smile.

 

"Don't act like I didn't warn you after!"

 

"And don't wander too much!" added a slightly worried Irene.

 

A few seconds where they both stayed quiet without moving passed by before Irene burst out in laughter.

 

"Sooyoung mommy!" Irene giggled. "You're a mom now."

 

"Of all things, you decided to laugh over that," Joy nagged bitterly.

 

They both started laughing pretty soon after.

 

"We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter