005

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Jongin asked, surprised but at the same time disappointed that it wasn't the person he was looking for.

 

 

 

"What are you doing here? Don't you have things to do tomorrow? You should be sleeping at this hour."

 

 

 

"Same goes for you," Jongin let out a bit annoyed as he got closer to her in the centre of the room. "Since when do you practice so late?"

 

 

 

"I don't know, I just wanted to… I don't really know what I'm doing to be honest," Soojung confessed before sitting down.

 

 

 

"How relatable," Jongin snorted, following Soojung's movements and letting himself fall on the floor next to her.

 

 

 

 

Soojung looked up at him as if she was trying to read his mind, but as usual, his expression was unreadable.

 

 

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

 

"What do you mean?" Jongin asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

 

 

"What is your problem Kim Jongin?"

 

 

 

"What makes you think I have a problem?"

 

 

 

"The simple fact that you're here--"

 

 

 

"I always practice so late," Jongin interrupted her before she could finish her sentence.

 

 

 

"…with me." Soojung let out a small chuckle.

 

 

 

"There is nothing wrong with being with you."

 

 

 

"Since when do we have late night confession sessions, huh? We never talk unless Sehun is there."

 

 

 

"You have a point," Jongin admitted after sighing.

 

 

 

 

Jongin and Soojung indeed rarely talked. If it weren't for work and SM artists' events such as SMTown or the opening of a new franchise, they would talk once or twice a month. 

 

 

 

Not that it was always like that. Before her debut with F(x), Jongin and Soojung were closer, but still not that close. The type of closeness you have with the friend of a friend. They used to bow to each other and smile awkwardly while the social butterfly Seulgi laughed at their reactions. It had always been like that until Seulgi distanced herself from Jongin and as easily as they met, Jongin and Soojung naturally drifted apart.

 

 

 

They automatically fell in a comfortable silence after realizing they didn't have anything else to say, just like every other time. Even though they never talked much, being around each other was easy. Yes, easy because they never judged each other, probably because they didn't care that much. It was just Soojung after all. They would simply listen to each other's stories without commenting, without trying to find a reason behind every little action, without thinking too much. Their relationship was easy, period.

 

 

 

Jongin knew everything he had to know about her and it was the same for Soojung. If she needed to tell him something, she would.

 

 

 

 

"I saw you dancing when I came, you were definitely not dancing to only perfect your moves," she pointed out while playing with her sholaces.

 

 

 

 

Jongin simply hummed.

 

 

 

 

I'll probably reach perfection before totally giving up on our friendship.

 

 

He had to amdit it, Jongin missed Seulgi and not only their days as best friends. He missed having her around and being able to joke about anything, to talk about anything and being sure that she would always be there for him like before. He missed her.

 

 

"Jongin," Soojung started with a bit of what seemed like exhaustio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter