006

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Everything was awkward. From the short walk to the coffee shop at the corner of the street to the way Jongin was playing with his phone to distract himself from the small talks the two girls were having behind him.

 

 

 

 

How did I even get into this mess?

 

 

 

 

Jongin couldn't help but wonder what in the world Seulgi was thinking. Why didn't she refuse? Not that he didn't want to see her, it would be a lie to say that, but staying with her for more than two minutes was awkward. It was straight up uncomfortable and he knew the feeling was mutual. He became accustomed with only watching her from afar once in a while when she wasn't aware of his presence and keeping a great distance between them when they couldn't avoid each other. This was their way, it was how they proceeded with this uncommon situation. So why was she suddenly acting like that?

 

 

 

 

"Jongin, where are you going? We're already here," Soojung laughed while looking incredulously at the young man in front of her who was still walking.

 

 

 

Jongin shook his head and ran to the two girls standing in front of the opened door of the coffee shop.

 

 

 

 

And now I get to look stupid, nice.

 

 

 

 

As Jongin got closer to the small blond girl to enter the coffee shop, he took a deep breath of the fruity fragrance oozing out of her. It wasn't done on purpose and he wasn't trying to be creepy but Jongin didn't hate it at all. It was the same as before. Her perfume never changed after all these years and still had this calming effect on him. Jongin subtly smiled to himself before waking up from his daydream.

 

 

 

 

What am I even doing?

 

 

 

 

Jongin shook his head again to repulse those thoughts away. He couldn’t let his guard down now, not when she was so close.

 

 

 

 

They entered the shop in line, Soojung in front, Seulgi in the middle and Jongin trailing behind just like before, as if Seulgi was still the one who reunited Jongin and Soojung. They exchanged roles and Soojung was now the one who reunited Seulgi and Jongin.

 

 

 

 

They were quietly waiting in line as the employee was taking the order of the couple in front of them. The couple was taking a lot of time to think of what to take and made the awkward atmosphere last longer than expected (and wanted) for the trio. 

 

 

 

 

Nobody was talking: Soojung was fiddling with her phone while Seulgi was looking everywhere she could to avoid the eyes of the man beside her. The thing is, Jongin wasn't even looking at her but she was so engrossed in the task of avoiding him that she didn't realize. Jongin was busy glaring at the two lovers who were having the time of their life in front of them by deciding which cake to take to celebrate their 100th day together.

 

 

 

 

After waiting for seven minutes, Jongin, Soojung and Seulgi impatiently made their way to the counter in this new order.

 

 

 

 

Jongin naturally took the lead and greeted the tired employee who easily recognized the male artist and the two companions behind him. With the café being so close to the company, the employees of the shop were used to see SM artists casually order there at ungodly hours of the night to satisfy their hunger. They rarely wore masks inside since there wasn't that many people as usual.

 

 

 

 

Jongin turned to look at the two girls before asking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter