004

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"You talked to Seulgi?!" 

 

 

 

"Yeah" Jongin replied still shocked himself.

 

 

 

"How come?" Taemin asked.

 

 

 

"I don't know, it just happened," Jongin sighed. "I just don't know what happened in all honesty."

 

 

 

"You mean that you haven't talked to some girl after what, five years—"

 

 

 

"Three."

 

 

 

"Same difference, it feels like five to me." Taemin rolled his eyes. "And just like that, you decide to casually start talking to her after seeing her in the hallways smiling to herself."

 

 

 

"Well, yeah."

 

 

 

 

 

Taemin stopped to look incredulously at his friend.

 

 

 

 

"Just what is going on?"

 

 

 

"I don't get it myself," Jongin sighed as he sipped on his cold strawberry flavored beverage. "I just saw her smile and it reminded me of the past and I… I thought we could arrange things."

 

 

 

"Suddenly? Just like that? Have you been casted in some type of TV show?"

 

 

 

"You're not helping me."

 

 

 

"I'm obviously not trying to," Taemin smiled. "I love this type of drama."

 

 

 

"Why are we even here? I told you I wanted to practice today," Jongin let out a bit pissed by his friend's behavior. He knew Taemin was just kidding but Jongin had always been a bit more sensitive on this topic and he didn't appreciate that his friend joked about this. It certainly didn't make Jongin want to laugh.

 

 

 

"Your face was so gloomy when you entered the practice room this morning that I had to change my plans," Taemin let him know. "You should be grateful."

 

 

 

"You don't even follow a real plan anyway," Jongin scoffed.

 

 

 

"Who would have thought Seulgi still had such an impact on you after all these years," Taemin thougt out loud, ignoring Jongin's comment.

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin turned to look outside the window where people were busying themselves with their hectic lives. To him, it was completely understandable that Seulgi had so much impact on him. After all, she used to be his best friend. When he had no one else to talk to, she was there. When he wanted to share his lame jokes, she was there. When he failed his math quiz because of his lack of sleep caused by his training and couldn't get himself to show it to his parents, she was there. In fact, she was there every time he needed her. And yet, now he couldn't talk to her at all. It was such a drastic change and the final result wasn't Jongin's cup of tea. It was too akward for him, he didn't like to have to be mindful of his surroundings all the time because he was scared to stumble on her.

 

 

 

 

Jongin crushed the receipt of their two beverages in his hand. Unlike Seulgi, he couldn't help but be angry when he thought of the past. He was angry because because of how things turned, but angry at what? Or who? He didn't know. Maybe at himself for being so selfish or at Seulgi for destroying everything they had. It was always like that, so many questions without answers.

 

 

 

 

"Let's go," Jongin said as he got up. "I'm tired of staying here."

 

 

 

"Glad that you're done with your nostalgic phase," Taemin smiled.

 

 

 

 

Jongin simply hummed in response.

 

 

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

 

 

"How will you deal with so many fans when you can't even tie your shoelaces?" Seulgi laughed.

 

 

 

"I can, it's just bothersome to do it," Jongin answered. "And it's pointless."

 

 

 

 

The small girl turned to give a stunned look to her friend.

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe a dancer said that. Do you know how dangerous it can be if you step on them, right?"

 

 

 

"I thought we already talked about this, Seul," Jongin whined as he felt the nagging coming. "It's pointless, period. And I also won't wear socks."

 

 

 

"You're crazy," Seulgi chuckled.

 

 

 

 

Jongin smiled like he always did at her reaction.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter