[Purple] - 014

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jongin was fidgeting on his seat with his hand peacefully resting on his head as he checked the time again. His hair was going in all directions and the sock on his left foot was on the verge of falling off but he couldn't care less since he didn't know why he was even wearing it. He sighed his fourth sigh and checked the time again before rolling his eyes.

 

 

 

"Listen Jongin, I know you love this game but you can't always win," Sehun said from Jongin's bed that he officially proclaimed as his at the back.

 

 

"It's not that," Jongin answered after scrolling down the cursor of his computer mouse.

 

 

 

Jongin had been sitting in front of his computer's monitor for a good 30 minutes without finding anything and he was starting to lose hope.

 

 

Sehun left aside the pokemon Rubik cube a fan gave him a few hours ago from their fan sign and moved closer to his friend. He could see Jongin's shoulders slouch down by the second and a gloomy atmosphere surround him.

 

 

"What are you doing on Red Velvet's official website?" Sehun genuinely asked with surprise.

 

 

"Nothing," Jongin answered quickly.

 

 

"If you don't need my help say it," Sehun said with his usual pokerface.

 

 

 

The maknae force took upon him and Jongin gave up: you can always try to stand up to Sehun but it never really works anyway.

 

 

 

"I am looking for the schedule," he sheepishly admitted.

 

 

"You're looking for Red Velvet's schedule?" Sehun repeated incredulously.

 

 

 

Jongin simply looked back as he was desperate and had no energy to argue with the younger member on why there was absolutely nothing weird to him being on the SMTOWN website of his hoobaes. Hoobaes that he never talks to.

 

 

 

"I mean, yeah why not," Sehun shrugged off and quickly scrolled down to click on the link of the colorful girl group's schedule.

 

 

"Sometimes I wonder if it's because internet intimidates you or simply because you can't read," he mocked before returning back on Jongin's comfortable bed.

 

 

"Thank you," Jongin concluded fast, disregarding his roommate's comment.

 

 

 

Not even a minute passed by before Jongin let out another sigh.

 

 

 

"What again?!" Sehun snapped from the back.

 

 

"They're busy," Jongin let out lifelessly.

 

 

"What did you expect when they just started their promotional period?" Sehun asked rhetorically before taking out his phone.

 

 

"Promotional period?"

 

 

"You know, when a group comes back and they have to promote their song," he mocked.

 

 

"Comeback!? When?"

 

 

 

Sehun was about to come up with a sassy answer for the slow and obviously tired Jongin when he interrupted him.

 

 

 

"Of course: Dumb Dumb!" Jongin said, clearly talking to himself.

 

 

"Yeah Dumb Dumb," Sehun repeated without paying much attention: he was done with this hyung.

 

 

"Junmyeon hyung has been singing this since its release but I never saw the correlation between the song and Red Velvet."

 

 

 

Sehun frowned and noted to himself to make sure to have at least 6 hours of sleep every day unlike Jongin. He couldn't afford to look this lost on a daily basis.

 

 

 

"By the way, your sock is falling."

 

 

"If she has a comeback, then I won't see her," he realized.

 

 

 

Sehun sighed as he watched his friend completely take off this burden of a sock.

 

 

 

"Who? Seulgi?" he asked so Jongin could remember he was also in the room although he already knew.

 

 

"Yeah, I have to talk to her."

 

 

"Why don't you call her?" Sehun said with another frown. "I gave you her number last time."

 

 

"She doesn't want me to call her."

 

 

 

Sehun let out a silent laugh. This had to be expected.

 

 

 

"I should have asked her directly, and not asked you to get it," Jongin explained.

 

 

"Hum," Sehun nodded. "Makes sense."

 

 

"And this is why I have to see her," Jongin sighed.

 

 

 

If he sighs another time he's gonna catch these hands, Sehun thought to himself.

 

 

 

"It's nice that you look up the schedule of your hoobaes, but it would be better to know your own schedule."

 

 

 

Jongin frowned to let Sehun know that he needed more explanation.

 

 

 

"We have a festival to attend in three days," Sehun said. "And Red Velvet too."

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

 

 

 

Sehun simply rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

"Did you ask?"

 

 

 

Jongin was too preoccupied by the new information in front of him to even bother answering back to Sehun. The latter scrunched his nose and lazily shifted on the bed to face the wall and give his back to Jongin: he couldn't care less.

 

 

 

"Hey," Jongin asked again after letting a few silent seconds pass.

 

 

"I swear to God—"

 

 

"Do you think it's okay if I talk to her on stage?"

 

 

"And why would you do such a thing?" Sehun inquired sarcastically.

 

 

"We never have much time to talk backstage, you know," Jongin said although he was fully aware that his own bandmate knew about their situation. "If I'm not on stage, she is. And when we're both not, one of us is being interviewed," he ranted. "If by any chance, we're both free and not completely exhausted by our schedule, there are cameras everywhere for interviews and so everywhere becomes a dead end."

 

 

"See the positive side: that would make a cute Romeo and Juliet remake," Sehun sneered and Jongin glared.

 

 

"Seriously Sehun," Jongin pleaded. "Do you think the fans will be against it?"

 

 

"Fans? Against it? No…" he thought out loud. "If they're against it they're not your fans they are your girlfriend."

 

 

 

Jongin deadpanned at his friend's logic that looked every bit like a joke but at the same time was pretty much the reality he had to face everyday.

 

 

 

"Girlfriend about to break up with you after ripping out every strand of hair of the girl who got your attention that is," Sehun continued.

 

 

 

Jongin stayed fazed in his seat.

 

 

 

"That's what you get for going around telling them you're their boyfriend," he mockingly concluded while leaving a seriously uneasy and anxious Jongin in the room.

 

 

 

This won't do: I can't talk to her on stage. But I need her number. But I still can't talk to her. How do I do this?!

 

 

 

Sehun had the time to find three hidden snacks Chanyeol had brought back from his trip to Japan before Jongin even thought of one solution to his dilemma. The poised youngster sat down in the dining room and leisurely took his time to taste the sweets.

 

 

 

What if she hates me for ruining her career just because I said hi in front of a thousand fans? This won't, this won't do… Plus, it's not like she doesn't already have a thousand reasons to hate me.

 

 

 

Jongin turned around after hearing the vibration of Sehun's phone under the blankets of his bed. What a mess he can make in someone else's room, Jongin thought while moving the sheets around to find the phone. He called Sehun who remained unbothered as usual munching the japanese sweets away even though his hyung was busy taking care of his stuff for him.

 

 

 

"Hey! You got a call Sehun! And I can't find your phone!"

 

 

 

Sehun didn't answer as he was certain that if it were important enough, the person would either leave a message or call back later. These snacks were extremely good (and quite expensive as Chanyeol will remind him when he comes back home later) and a call could wait. Except that the caller was pretty persistent since the phone was going on its seventh ring when Jongin finally found it stuck between the pillow and the first blanket.

 

 

 

"Who is it?" Sehun finally asked out of curiosity after putting back the strawberry cookies under the plant he found them and made his way to Jongin's room.

 

 

"Ah yes give me a second," Jongin said before turning around the phone to face it and see the caller ID. "It's Seul…gi," he finished too shocked by what he saw to move.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter