011

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"What is going on this time?"

 

"There's nothing as usual."

 

"Listen Jongin, that little introvert side of yours is cute but it's seriously getting on my nerves."

 

 

Jongin simply shrugged at the girl's remark.

 

 

"You don't just call and ask me to come all the way here to tell me there's nothing wrong," said a pissed Soojung.

 

 

Again, Jongin didn't answer and let Soojung have a conversation on her own.

 

She came near her friend and sat down on the bench of the SM's building rooftop.

 

 

"Tell me what's wrong, you look really down," she said concerned for him after her anger went away.

 

"How would you feel if you got ignored by someone…" Jongin awkwardly started.

 

"Someone important?" she interrupted.

 

"... and that person did it really cruelly?" he finished.

 

"Was it a one time thing or that person ignores you constantly?"

 

"Well, she ignores me from time to time but it's mutual so I didn't mind, but this time it was 100% on her side."

 

"So it's a she," Soojung snickered. "Then you're saying Seulgi ignored you without your consent?"

 

 

Soojung let out a small laugh at the ridiculous situation. She couldn't believe her two friends were still on that stupid game of who could ignore the other the best. It simply didn't make any sense to her (or any person with a little of common sense in all honesty).

 

 

"Don't say it like that," Jongin pouted. "You don't know how it works."

 

"Sorry, I didn't know there was a proper way to ignore your friends," she mocked. "Aren't you guys tired of repeating the same thing over and over again? We all know you're both dying to talk to each other so what's the point?"

 

"Why don't you tell her? I was the one trying to talk to her this time but she walked past me like I was nothing."

 

"Get a taste of your own medicine, brat," Soojung muttered. "You've been doing that to her for years, you have no right to complain."

 

"I knew you'd be on her side," Jongin let out in a sigh.

 

"It's not a matter of sides," she snapped while hitting him on the side. "If you're wrong for something, apologize and then see if you can make it up for your mistake."

 

 

Jongin stayed silent reflecting on what he has been doing in the past and what he could do in the future.

 

 

"You can't expect things to work out if you stay on your own doing nothing," she explained. "I can't even believe a brilliant guy like you thought this was a good idea, I thought you were smart."

 

"Thanks for that one Soojung."

 

"You're welcome," she sneakily smiled. "Now go and apologize."

 

"As if it was that easy!"

 

"You two like to make things complicated way too much!"

 

"I can't!"

 

"Yes you can Kim Jongin and you will!"

 

"It's not like I know where she is anyway," he said to shut her down.

 

"I saw her near the entrance with Sehun."

 

"Sehun? She was with Johnny just before!"

 

 

Apart from the fact that she was shocked by Jongin's sudden outburst, Soojung was pretty amused by his reaction. She slyly smiled and nothing could piss off more Jongin in this exact moment.

 

 

"What again?!"

 

"I know what is your problem: you're jealous," she calmly said.

 

"Oh please Soojung, I am not."

 

"Right you're not," she let out with a laugh. "I mean why would you be particularly pissed by her ignoring you this time when you two do this on a regular basis if it weren't because she did it to talk with someone else?" Soojung smiled again.

 

 

Jongin grumpily got up but still stayed silent.

 

 

"Especially when that someone else is a male she has known for a damn long time," she dramatically added. "A male friend she hung out with when you were busy dancing on stage all these years."

 

 

Soojung wanted to continue pushing his button until he snapped for good.

 

Let's see how long we can poke the bear before he gets mad.

 

 

"I mean, that's obviously not my problem but wouldn't he be considered her new best friend now? You know they have been training together for seven long years."

 

"So what? We trained together for five long years," he groggily commented. "If you think 2 years will change much."

 

 

Who would have thought Jongin was so naive? Soojung thought. He's totally jealous.

 

 

"Many things can happen between a guy and a girl in two years," Soojung subjectively remarked with a sly smile. 

 

"Alright that's enough, thanks for your advice Soojung," Jongin said quickly as he made his way to the exit door.

 

"Why are you leaving? You're mad Jongin?!"

 

"We both know you came here to mock me," he said before opening the door.

 

"Don't forget to apologize and have a proper conversation with Seulgi, alright?" she yelled before seeing Jongin close the door behind him. "You know I was just joking Jongin, right?!"

 

 

She laughed on her own after a while.

 

He's so naive whenever it's about her.

 

 

 

 

 

On the other side of the building, we also had two 94 liners trying to find some answers to questions nobody liked to have behind multiple midnight snacks. In the secret parking lot reserved for idols, Sehun and Seulgi were hiding behind a black car to eat Pringles and to have a deep talk about life after their respective dance practices.

 

"Do you think I'll gain weight if I finish another can of chips?" Seulgi lifelessly asked.

 

"Probably," Sehun answered with just as much interest. "Does it really matter? Who said all idols had to be skinny?"

 

"Right? Right." Seulgi approved after a pause."Who said all koreans like rice anyway? I prefer noodles."

 

"I like rice," he commented purposelessly. "Who said you only had to know how to sing to be talented? It's hard as well to dance."

 

"Right? Right. And who decided only girls with double eyelids could be pretty? I love my mono eyelids."

 

"Right. Who said you couldn't talk to Jongin even if it's been years? There's no such thing as a time limit for friendships," Sehun innocently remarked. "Right? Right."

 

 

Seulgi was surprised for a second but regained her calm right after.

 

 

"I did."

 

"And you're wrong."

 

"Mind your own business Oh Sehun," she muttered as she took a chip out of the red can.

 

"You two always say the same things, it doesn't make sense that you don't get along."

 

"Like I said, I won't make the same mistakes again."

 

"So you consider you friendship with Jongin a mistake? Talking to him is a mistake?"

 

 

Seulgi stayed quiet.

 

Of course not, she internally confessed.

 

 

"You're saying you don't love him anymore?"

 

 

Seulgi turned to look at Sehun with the most dumbfounded look she could have.

 

 

"What?" she whispered because the shock suddenly took her breath away.

 

"What do you mean what?"

 

"H-how do you know?" she panicked.

 

"I'm just minding my own business."

 

 

As shocked as Seulgi was, she couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter