Upgrade

Magnetic ( It's You, Boy)

Even though the journalist club had been giving hints ever since the beginning of the semester, the announcement of Jackson Wang's birthday party had only been released officially a week before the D-day. The entire 12th grade was invited as usual, and some underclassmen who were important or remarkable enough were also given the honour to attend the event. 

            A blinding smile had been decorating the foreigner's face for the past week, it made him looked as if there's an imaginary spotlight following him for moment to moment. Mark Tuan giggled, leaning across the cafetaria table to cover the younger's mouth.

              " What?" Jackson side-eyed him, eyebrows disappearing behind his fringe.

            " You got something stuck between your teeth, you look gross." Jaebum answered for the blond instead, he lowkey wanted to thank the other for doing his deed. The cafetaria's pretty much empty at the time, considering it's not break time yet, but none of the three felt like studying so might as well skipping class. They ordered a set of afternoon tea although it's nowhere near the time as a particular blond had been insisting for getting it even before they stepped into the place.

             " What time is it? Jinyoungie's not going to join us?" The Hongkong native pursed his lips, eyes making circular motion over the sweets laid in front of him.

             " He will in ten minutes." 

            " Oh, new watch, Jaebum?" Jackson raised the other's wrist. A conversation revolving around watches then went on until the bell hung on the alternative door near the sushi bar jingled, indicating the arrival of the awaited person. Jinyoung immediately made his way towards them.

             " Finally. How's class?" Jaebum took a book from his hands, inspecting it. Another chemistry book he had never seen before.

             Although the youngest was not going to admit it, unlike his other three friends, he actually cared about his study. He spent a lot of his free time reading- no matter what kind of material it was, comic books, novels, gossip magazines, school textbooks, he read it all- when they had nothing interesting to do, and not to mention his brain capacity which was simply excellent, so it's not a wonder when he's still called to move into a special class even during his last year.

              " Fantastic. Oh, Mark-hyung, here," he handed out a paper bag to the called boy before taking a seat next to Jackson. 

              " What's that?" The blond straighten his back, staring at the paper bag with confusion.

              " Damn, another chocolates, Mark? But White Day's like a week ago! It's not fair!"

           " You get chocolates on daily basis, Jackson. You have no right to say." Mark said flatly, opening the brown package. Inside was nothing but a familiar creamy white blazer which had been disappearing from his closet for days. 

             " I don't know you know Choi Youngjae, hyung." Jinyoung leaned on his seat, tapping his fingers on the table. Jaebum could see a glint of amusement in the other's eyes. 

              " You know that Choi?" He raised his brows, facing Mark.

              " Choi Youngjae? The scholarship student? Of course, you know him too."

              " No," Jackson tilted his head, looked kind of lost, " but why did he have your blazer?"

              " Oh!" Mark exclaimed as realization hit him. " Oh, yeah I remember. It's nothing, I just gave it to him."

              " What do you mean with that though?" The older only shrugged, putting the blazer back into the paper bag. The Hongkong native rolled his eyes.

              Jinyoung didn't even try to hide his smirk as he asked the soon-to-be birthday boy whether he still had any leftover invitation or not. 

 

 ***

The next morning after the eventful meeting with the love of his life, Choi Youngjae found himself standing in front of the principal's secretary desk for the second time asking for his files back. The secretary, albeit looking confused, told him to wait for a moment. She left for a while only to be back again with empty hands, and instead told him to meet the principal directly. Didn't know what to say, the student nodded then followed her in.

            Youngjae didn't know what kind of principal he expected, but he's sure it's nothing like the one who's looking at him from behind the long mahogany desk in the middle of the room then. The principal was a she who owned such an aura that made him felt so little and forced him to bow over ninety degree. There's a smile on her face, but it still didn't warm her expression at all. She told him to sit on the empty chair across her.  

            " Nice to meet you, Youngjae-ssi." She began. The student looked down, stuttered his reply. His hands were cold. " So I heard you changed your mind?"

             " Yes. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." He bowed again.

             " Are you sure this time? Because I refuse to deal with this kind of problem anymore later."

             " Y-yes."

           " I'm very pleased to hear that. You know that there're so many students who would do anything to be in your position right now, so I really hope you will appreciate the scholarship."

             " Yes."

            " Oh, one more. I've seen your academic performance and I think it would be great if you join our special program instead of the regular class. The school representative in charge of this matter will explain the details to you."

           Youngjae couldn't help himself from letting out a deep sigh when the bell indicating the start of the first period eventually rang. The principal dismissed him the next second.

            The student greeted the school representative as soon as he recognized him once he stepped out of the office. The man made a brief explanation about his transfer and lead him to the opposite direction of his usual classroom. They went down to the first floor at the east wing of the building, which was practically a designated area only for the seniors. He gulped as they eventually stopped in front of the classroom at the very end of the hallway. The closed door had different pattern and colour from the regular class ones. 

            Youngjae could catch a glimpse of the inside over the small window attached to the door, he saw small number of desks - not more than twenty he thought- and the teacher was nowhere to be seen.

             " What are you doing?"  

            Youngjae jumped at the voice. He turned around and met with a handsome face he's sure he'd seen somewhere before. He moved so he's no longer blocking the entrance, but the other stayed still in his spot.

             " Are you transferred here?" The shorter nodded. " Oh, good. Come in, come in. I'm Park Jinyoung, by the way." 

 

***

 

ps. i'm hella sorry for the lack of updates. i'm not abandoning my bb, it's only uni life is busier than ever so i'm really sorry. and thankyou for reading, subscribing and commenting! i appreciate all of them xoxo