Rumors

Magnetic ( It's You, Boy)

The rumor had it that Choi Youngjae was a literal reincarnation of kumiho and had been seducing his way up to be invited to the birthday party. He somehow also managed to score a bizzare goal by spending a night together with one of GOT4 member in their room, not vice versa as usual.

            " So who's doing who?" Jackson's eyes were even bigger than usual. He took a seat next to a very amused Park Jinyoung, who's trying his best to hold back his snicker. The other two were still nowhere to be seen.

          " Definitely not me." The younger said, his laughter betrayed his facade the next second. It's still rather early, only around eleven in the morning, and considering how drunk everyone had been the night before, it's no wonder the restaurant appeared vacant. Jackson's sure he wouldn't be at where he's now if it's not for the gossip either.      

             " I know," The birthday boy raised his hand, ordering a glass of plain water. "So who's the source?"

           " One of mine, fortunately." Jinyoung smiled, and if the other hadn't known him since they're still in diapers, he might as well found it alarming. " Well, actually it's not that scandalous." The former pulled out his phone, showing Jackson some awfully blurred photos of a bed and two people he coudln't point out. At first. Because that blond hair seemed pretty familiar. 

             " Mark? What?"

            Jinyoung just shrugged then his expression e hundred and eighty degree to anxiety in split second. He bit his lip. " The bad news, you know, I was kind of late." His fingers patted the arm of his chair. "Gaeun had managed to pay for them first and spread it to some of her friends."

            " What?"

            The younger scrunched up his face. " You hear me." 

           "So, like there's other people who've known about this?" Jackson gulped. He stared at the photo again, the other boy was freaking topless. What the hell was his best friend doing?? ing with strangers was one thing, but he couldn't even imagine doing it with ones who owned the same anatomy as him.

            " I've paid them all, but still. You know about internet, once something's on it, it's kind of hard to pretend they never existed."

 

***

 

             Despite Jinyoung's worry, the day went pretty much smoothly. The weather was good, little bit windy and sunny, such a perfect condition to go outside and explore the island. Some decided to stay and play at the beach, some strolling around the forests and farms, while the others and GOT4 ended up going on a short tour on private yacht heading to the Udo Island. They spent hours there, almost forgetting the main event of the day if the host's butler didn't call him to come back.

              " Who did it?" 

              " Sungjoo? Where did he hide it?"

              " Hide it what, he threw it to the swimming pool!"

              Choi Youngjae thought he was the only student who stayed at the hotel that day. How wrong he was. 

         " Damn." He whispered, folding up his knee and sat on the toilet hinge until he no longer heard the footsteps from the other side of the door. After contemplating of which swimming pool was the most likely to be the one they meant for minutes, he exited the toilet and made his way straight to the swimming pool area at the 5th floor.

           Once he arrived at the place, the student could immediately spot his luggage floating right in the middle of indoor pool, his clothes scattered all over the place. After spending weeks treated like that, you would think he'd gotten used to this kind treatment. No. Youngjae saw red. He cursed, loudly, other people opinions be damned. Having his suit and shoes removed, he jumped into the pool, swimming towards his things.

              He knew the pool was vast, he could see it, but he absolutely had no idea about how deep it was. It's not like he couldn't swim, he's just not accustomed to swim in the place where his feet couldn't step on anything under. He knew panicking wouldn't save his life, but his body refused to go forward no matter how he tried and only sank deeper and deeper.

 

***

 

The second night of Jackson Wang's birthday party was the one which looked like it came straight out of Disney's movies. Held in the spacious main ballroom of the hotel, with royal theme going on, the event organizer's main purpose was to make it as the party of the year. At the front door leading to the ballroom, there're reporters lined up and as if the designer outfits the invitee were wearing wasn't enough, the red carpet walking session making everything looked as they're attending a prestigious award ceremony instead of a birthday party even more.

                The main star of the party was busy being interviewed at the photo corner when his peripheral vision caught one of his best friend sprinting across the hall, followed by another one in tow. He ended up cutting the interview short using needing to go to the toilet as an excuse. He quickly went back inside, looking for the only GOT4 member left.

               He found him near standing near his birthday cake, calmly doing a damage control as expected. Jackson waited until there's no more curious and doubting eyes around them before approaching the younger.  

                   " What the hell make those two ran like that? They never run!" 

               Jinyoung's eyes widened then dragged the older to behind one of the tall curtain nearby. " Damn. Lower your voice." He put his index finger before his lips. "Cut story short, we heard a staff talking about a boy drowning in the indoor pool. They said it's one of us."

                   " He's okay, is he?" Jackson covered his mouth. " No one can die here!"

                   " No, I don't think he is. Staff said the boy was trying to get his luggage or something..."

                   " Luggage? Why would there be luggage-?"  

                  " My assumption is the boy is Choi Youngjae. Someone pulled a prank on him and threw his luggage to the pool. I guess Mark-hyung thought the same."

                   Jackson held his head. " Oh my God, this is confusing. Why- what about Jaebum-hyung then?"

 

***

 

Even in his state, Mark still manage to remember how the boy cried in his sleep the night before. It's not loud- more like whimpering sounds- but the younger looked so pathetic that he felt like he needed to comfort him. He got off the chair then sat next to bed on the floor. He raised his hand, caressing the other's soft black hair.

                   " Don't go." The younger mumbled, brows knitted together. 

                   The American's definitely blaming the alcohol clouding his mind for leaning forward and pressed his lips on the other's ones.