I Didn't Sign Up For This (II)

Magnetic ( It's You, Boy)

Youngjae found himself waking up on a hospital bed and ended up with skipping three days at once with someone who introduced himself as a school representative waiting for him. The man informed that all issues regarding the hospital admission had been taken care off and reassured him not to worry. The student didn’t think he could be more grateful.

           Or so he thought.

         Because he literally couldn’t find his table- he’s not kidding- on its usual spot once he’s back to school. He wandered his eyes, didn’t know what to say or who to ask- everyone looked like they’re laughing at him. His instinct took him to the only office he knew and asked if he could get another set of table.

          “ Yes, of course, but it will take at least two days before it arrives.” The admin said.

         “ Why? I mean don’t you have like spare table or something?” Youngjae’s head began to spin again when he saw the admin apologetically shook her head. Could do nothing about the situation, he bowed then dismissed himself.

         Why would anyone in their right mind steal a table??

         “ Hyung!” He felt someone crushing onto him. “ Thought I’d never see you again!”

         “ What- Yugyeom, let go. I can’t breath!”

         “ Ai, sorry, sorry!” Yugyeom unlocked his arms and flashed his hyung a sheepish smile. “ Hyung, you okay?”

         “ Uh, I don’t know. My table's gone, so you decide I’m okay or not.”

         The giant boy lips formed a big ‘O’ as his best friend elbowed him to the side. “ I didn’t see you these days."

         “ Uh, yeah, I was sick.”

         “ Really? I thought-“

         “ So you don’t know what happened?”

         “ What happened?”

         Bambam made a really exaggerated act of fake fainting. “ You don’t know?? Man, Yugyeom you tell him.”

         The taller raised his brows then shoot his best friend a quick judging look before placing his hand on his hyung’s shoulders. “ Hyung, calm down. Promise me you won’t freak out.” He said with a such serious expression.

         Youngjae resisted himself from shaking his head. He got a bad feeling about this.“ Okay. Just tell me, you made me worry.”

       His childhood friend let out a long sigh before continuing. The older’s sure he could hear the usual suspenseful background music played in horror music slowly surrounding them. “ Yougetarednotice.” He said, closing his eyes.

         Youngjae looked at the two younger students back and forth,  wondering if he heard something. “ What?”

         “ Hyung. You. Get. A. Red. Notice.”

         The senior scrunched up his face, he felt kind of stupid right now. “ Yes, but what’s…. a red notice?”

        Bambam's face changed into shock and disbelief expressions before he clapped his hand to his forehead all of a sudden. “ Aigoo, of course he doesn’t know!” He nodded to himself. “ Okay, hyung, you lost your table right? So you can’t study right?”

        “ Well, I can-“ “ Ah, no, you can’t. Anyway, let’s just skip class for now and we’ll help you to look for spare table later.” He slung his arm around Youngjae’s shoulder. “ C’mon Gyeom, to the headquarter!”

 

         Turned out what the sophomores called as the headquarter was the middle part of mini maze at the other garden the older had never come across before. “ Are you sure we are allowed to come in?” He asked, fingers glued to the end of Yugyeom’s uniform. He swore if he’s alone, he’d not even dare to enter. And what even is this school- is it Hogwarts or something? What’s the use of having a maze in the school garden though?

         “ Of course! It’s the best place to hang out!” Yugyeom giggled. Youngjae couldn’t help but threw him another judging look. Actually the place was bare, save for a big tree and a rectangular marble seat surrounding it. Oh, and a wooden ladder leading to somewhere Youngjae didn’t want to know.

          “ Don’t tell me you often skip class to here?”  

       “ Not often, just usually.” Bambam cackled, hopping around, reminding the senior of Alice’s rabbit. “ Well, save your judgement, hyung- welcome to Yugbam’s headquarter!” He laid down on the seat and stretched out his body as if he owned the place.

         The weather’s such a contrast to three days before, the sun's bright and sky's blue. Youngjae could see some exotic fruits still hanging on the branch, some even still in their flower form. The scenery wasn’t bad, but he’s definitely not skipping classes only to enjoy a tree, is he?

         “ You’re not. We’re going to educate you with a basic knowledge.” The Thai sat up, patting the now empty seat next to him. His best friend, on the other hand, wasn’t interested, busy reaching out for fruits.

          “ What knowledge.” Youngjae asked flatly.

        “ Knowledge about the high society, of course!” He clapped his hands. “ Well, where to start?” Bambam pulled out his phone and began to spill out all data and information he knew.

         It’s all started with a fact that Shinhwa School was established by a business tycoon called Im Geum Hwa around sixty years before. The school was the first private academy to be backed up by the government, who believed that economic advancement was just as important as education, and they even made special laws to accommodate the school. The unofficial slogan of the school was made for the one percent, attended by the one percent, and fit for the one percent.

         “ Oh! They made special laws, no wonder I keep seeing students driving around!”

        “ Nah, to tell you the truth, it’s still illegal, but usually if the police catch you and you showed them your student ID, most of the time they’ll just let you go.” Yugyeom snickered. He’d managed to collect five fruits.

         “ That’s why everyone’s trying so hard to attend this school. You get perks and special treatments. Moreover if you’re GOT4, you’re basically untouchable.”

         “ GOT4, who are they though?”

         Bambam snapped his fingers.“ This is the fun part!” He opened a new tab and showed a photoshoot-like GOT4 picture.

        The first person was a brown haired boy, Youngjae recognized him as the same person who picked him up days before, real name Wang Jia Er, but usually called Jackson. Not a native, just like Bambam, he’s an exchange student from Hongkong. Rumour said he’s the son of triad leader, with real connections to underground world. He’s also bound to inherit his father’s multi-billion-dollar tourist destinations such as casinos, hotels and resorts scattered all over Asia and Las Vegas.

         “ His seventeenth birthday gift was a private island in Maldives.”

         Next to him was a boy with pushed back jet black hair, smiling towards the camera. If anything, he looked the gentlest out of four. Name’s Park Jinyoung, or Junior for short. His family owned an entertainment and media contents company.

        “ UXN, XTM, Music Works, StoryOn, Tooniverse and so many more are all the company’s assets. From what I read on internet, they had just bought Filament Pictures too. For idols, how do I say it? One tenth of the idols you usually see on TV was produced by its subsidiaries. Just imagine it. If Junior- sunbaenim likes a girl group member, he can just ask her out and no one will dare to reject him.”

         “ Another reason why they always hold a party like every two weeks.”

        In the middle was the Im Jaebum. His family was basically the largest business conglomerate South Korea had ever known.

       “ You know IM Group, right? To put it simply, everything with the IM logo is all his family’s. Which means, almost everything in your house, everything you buy, everything you use, is all his family’s products. Your car, your phone, your bed, hell- even your shampoo.”

         “ His family business is responsible for nearly a quarter of South Korea's economy. It just can't fall.”

         And the last, was the student who offered him a ride several days ago. The blond boy, who Youngjae guessed right as a foreigner, was an American with Taiwanese descent named Mark Tuan. What his family did for living was a complete mystery even to someone like Bambam, but every single person in the school knew his family and the Ims were best friends.

         “ All his family lives in America, so for now he’s living with the Ims.”

         “ Wait,” the older raised his hand. “ I’m sorry if I offend you guys, but I really don’t get this one thing.”

         “ What?”

        “ Why would you guys stay in here? I mean, I thought everyone with chance would just go study abroad or something.” Or at least that’s what Youngjae would do for sure. Korean education system was everything but his type.

         Yugyeom handed out one of the fruits. “ Hyung, if what you mean is to pursue better education, then I understand. But it's nowhere near that. Our parents couldn't care less about our education, like what you may have realized, in this school, the students who sincerely care about studying or the ones with actual brains can be counted with these fingers.”

         “ Everyone knows we, the next generation on of one percent, are all gathered here to make connections. In this life, all you have to do is make sure you have all the right people backing you up. ”

          “ Ah, talking about this,” the giant boy jumped down from his seat, pulling out a crumpled paper from his back pocket and handed it to his hyung. “ This is what we called red notice.”

           “ They gave me this? From....." Youngjae's eyes widened. 

           “ It’s declaration of war, hyung. Just, you know, pray and be prepared.”