Staying For You

Magnetic ( It's You, Boy)

Choi Youngjae was one hundred percent sure the gods above disfavor him because after letting him spending endless hours contemplating over what he should say to his parents about his decision, now they gave him a reason to change his thought in the form of the love of his life.

             He was sitting on the long sofa in front of the principal room, waiting for the person to back from his meeting, when the automatic glass door not too far from him sliding open. It might sound ridiculous and exaggerating, but the girl's entrance was pretty much like a grand appearance of main character in manhwa with all the following spotlight, blowing breeze, falling petals and angel choir. Youngjae blinked fast, biting his lip, trying his best to not embarrassed himself by squealing all of a sudden like some teenage fangirls at the sight. He's Choi Youngjae, and he's totally not starstruck.

            It's only too bad he couldn't really help himself from staring. The young actress was busy talking to her phone as she made her way to the direction of the only sofa in the room. Youngjae looked away, he didn't think he could prevent himself from freaking out if he kept looking. He pulled out his phone although had nothing in mind what to do with the device, it's not like he's going to snap a picture of her without her knowing, was he?

              " Uhm, excuse me, do you know where the toilet is?"

            It took longer than expected for Youngjae to realize that whoa- the Nation's First Love, the one and only Bae Suji's talking to him. Praise the heaven, up close she looked even more flawless. He's pretty much at a loss for word, letting his hand to take over and point to the direction of the toilet, which was leading to the same glass door she had just come from.

              " Exiting the door, turn left and follow the corridor. The toilet's at the end of it." He managed to voice out. The only thing Bae Suji needed to do to send him to heaven was doing simple gestures such as smiling to him and said thank you.

            Fortunately the area was so deserted save from the busy secretary at the other side of the room, so the boy's free to release the overwhelming feelings bubbling inside his body. He slided down to the floor, continously punching the sofa. His cheeks were hurt from smiling too much. Train of thoughts invaded his brain in an instant- should he keep the nonchalant demeanor or just go the hell with image because when else such a great opportunity came to him? 

            As he's mulling over the ideas, the actress was back with a guy in tow. Once he realized it, Youngjae immediately climbed back to sit on top of the sofa, back straight. The guy was dressed in rather casual attire, such a contrast with Bae Suji who's wearing all black blazer, shirt and knee-length skirt. Youngjae narrowed his eyes, he didn't think he'd fail to recognize the big logo of Shinhwa School printed on most of the maps the guy's holding.     

              The moment after that went a little blur in Youngjae's head, all he knew next was the secretary announcing that the meeting the principal's attending might be ending later than what was planned. He glanced at his phone, it's getting late. He walked up towards the secretary desk and asked if he could just leave his map there. 

             The guy- who Youngjae assumed was the actress' manager- was no longer in sight when he went back to the sofa to get his backpack. He stood awkwardly for awhile, before eventually mustered all his courage and turned to the actress. 

              " Umm, Bae Suji-ssi?" 

              " Yes?"

              " Eh, this is for my brother, he's your big fan, can you please sign here?" He handed out a pen and a book.

              For a moment, the actress looked hesitate. She scanned the room, as if making sure no one's looking before taking both stationeries. 

              " What's his name?"

              " Ch-Choi Youngjae. Name's Choi Youngjae." 

             The brunet almost jumped on his spot when he heard his phone ringing, blasting a drama soundtrack which basically was sung by none other than Bae Suji. Only if he could dig a super deep hole and jumped into it right now and never come back. He couldn't even raise his head no more.

              " Is that your brother's phone too?" 

              " What?"

             Bae Suji shook her head, her eyes curved into crescent moon shapes as she smiled. " Nothing, Just say hello to your brother for me." She said, eyeing the still ringing phone. "You're not picking it up?"

              " What?? Oh, oh yeah. I'll be leaving then. T-Thank you!" The boy bowed slightly before making a turn then sprinted out

             Once he reached the front garden, Youngjae slowed down, catching his breath. The sky's orange already.

             It's Yugyeom calling. " Hyung, where are you?"

             " School..."

             " Why are you still at school? Emm, just wait at the front gate. I'll told Mr. Lee to pick you up, okay?"

             " Yugyeom, do you by any chance know if Bae Suji enrolled in this school?"

 

***

If you ask Shinhwa School students what's the most awaited event during the school year, most of the students who're enrolled the same year with GOT4 would definitely answer the same.

             " It's Hongkong Prince, the wild and y Wang Jackson's birthday party, of course!"

            The said very active boy looked exceptionally delighted as his birthday's approaching, twirling across the recreation room as if he's a ballerino.

            " Prince Wang, please stop waltzing around before you break another vase again." Park Jinyoung sighed on his seat, winced at the sight of his bestfriend knocking down a lamp, almost breaking it if Mark Tuan's not fast enough. The called boy only showed the other a sheepish smile before jumping over the nearest couch and sat on it. 

            " Okay!" He snapped his fingers. " So because March 28 is Thursday, which means school day, which means no fun, we are going to push back my birthday to the weekend, which is on 30. What do you guys think?"

             " Sounds great. Where are you going to take us this year?"

             " It's secret! Just don't forget to pack up for two days- or three days!"