Aftermath (I)

Magnetic ( It's You, Boy)

Actually, to be honest, Mark was disappointed. He’d missed the sun so much, he couldn’t really stand the cold season any longer and Jeju Island didn’t help. The island was nowhere near like their original destination, although its beauty didn’t lose, but the spring breeze still made it windy and chill, not bright and sunny like he had hoped. It’s a good thing he seldom visited the island so it hadn’t bore him yet, and seeing Jackson’s crestfallen face was more than enough to keep his mouth shut. He knew how the boy was feeling, to change everything all of a sudden due to changing weather and not cancel the party.

               It’d been three hours since their arrival at the hotel – another one owned by the Wang family itself- , two hours before the first night party and he still couldn’t bring himself to leave his bed. All of the student was given a personal room for themselves, and the American felt good to have one facing the white beach surrounding the building. The scenery was beautiful.

             He’s mindlessly changing the TV channel when he could hear his room bell ringing. At time like this, he thought having a smaller room could be more efficient. Behind the open door was a couple of stranger bringing a big black box in tow. Both quickly introduced themselves as the make up artist hired exclusively to take care of GOT4’s appearance for the night. Feeling absurd, he asked for them to wait as he made a call to his best friend.

                “ Jackson, there’re two strangers standing in front of my door right now, they said you told them to do my… make up??”

                “ Uh, yeah?”

                “ What do you mean with yeah?” Mark instinctively put his phone away once Jackson’s high pitched laugh invaded his right ear. “ What?”

                “ Just do it!” It sounded like the boy had gone back to his cheerful mood. What?

                “ Uh, okay.” Mark decided to keep the birthday boy’s feeling as his priority and followed his instruction. He allowed the make up artists to come in and let them use his face as a canvas, and ended up with aching back and neck a thousand hours later. By the time he looked up at his reflection, he couldn’t help but felt narcissistic to think himself looking like an anime character. His hair looked as if a local storm had passed by though. After sending off the make up artists, he sat on his bed, waiting for his clothes to be ready.

                The first night party was more relaxed one, held at the infinity pool area at the top of the building to keep the summer feeling they’re aiming for in the first place. There’re rows of colourful lights hung above the pool, with another rows of finger foods and drinks at the bar nearby. Some music crews were also seen busy walking back and forth, indicating someone’s going to perform on the mini stage build in the middle of pool later.

                Right as the clock hit eight, Wang Jackson made a grand entrance with dashing looks and a member of nation’s girl group holding his left arm. The crowd immediately went wild at the sight, and soon everyone was leaving their spot to take a picture of both. The rest of GOT4 also walk hand in hand with the other members, with the exception of Jaebum who linked arms with Bae Suji.

                “ ! !”

                “ What a great time to be alive!”

                “ Damn I’m so fortunate to see this!”

                “ Oh my God!”

                “ Damn why can I be Im Jaebum…”

                It turned out that not only the nation’s girl group that was invited, but Wang Jackson’s favorite DJ was also there to hype up the party even more.

               “ Thank you everyone for coming and celebrating one of the most important day in my life with me! Tonight, I don’t want to hear or see anyone sober, you guys hear me?”

                A roar of yes filled the area in an instant. Cue fantastic fireworks and the party officially began.

 

***

 

Im Jaebum couldn’t believe what he saw. He also couldn’t believe himself he managed to spot the other in the middle of hundred of students crowding the place.  

                “ , am I seeing right or is that really the damn commoner?” He shouted over the blaring music.

                “ Who?” Jinyoung almost slipped as he turned around.

                “ The commoner! The damn Choi! Who invited him?” His eyes stuck at the sight of the said boy embarrassing  himself on one of the table not too far from where they stood in the pool.

                “ Oh! It’s me!” Suji raised her hand, smiling. “ And Jinyoung!” She pointed the other boy.

                “ What??”

                “ We invited the boy!” They gave each other high-five.

                Jaebum was lost for words. He blinked and the next thing he knew someone had jumped into the pool, sending splash to every direction possible.

                “ Damn!”

               “Choi Youngjae-ssi! Hello!” He watched in disbelief when both Jinyoung and Suji simultaneously greeted the boy after his head popped out of the water. Didn’t want to deal with them no more, he pulled himself out of the water. As he made his way to get some towel, he heard students behind him gasping. He turned around only to see the commoner barely missed the pool and vomited to the floor. Fantastic. It took seconds for Suji and Jinyoung before they were soon out of the water, trying to pull the boy. No one’s lending a hand, everyone’s just standing still, watching as if the three were aliens or something.

                “ this.” Jaebum was sure he deserved an award to be such a good person. He walked back to where they were, dismissed the other two then hauled up the slightly conscious boy.

                Suji was quick to help him standing. “ I should bring him back into the hotel.”

                “ No,” Jinyoung stopped her, shaking his head. “ I spotted some reporter following you before.”

                “ I’m going to kill him.” Jaebum said before dragging the other back into the building.

             The boy wasn’t particularly heavy, although much to his dismay, very clingy. “ Omma!” He shouted out of the blue, circling his arms around the older’s waist. “ I miss you!”

                “ What the hell, let go! I’m not you mother!”

                “ Ah, don’t lie to me!” The younger whined, looking up, biting his lip. His eyes were glistening.

                Jaebum breathed deeply, emptied his mind and try to add more good karma into his life. “ What’s your room number?”

                “ Don’t you miss me?”

                “ No! What’s your room number?” The GOT4 member continued to drag the boy to the elevator, a thought of punching the boy in the face while they’re inside made a brief visit in his brain.

                “ Are you rejecting me too now?” The other’s voice was barely a whisper. Jaebum didn’t know if he’s shaking because of the cold or something else. He really didn’t want to know.