Chapter 5 (1/1)

My Heart Had Always Been Yours (on HIATUS)

*Jonghyun's POV

(Three Years Later)

“I’m really hungry, Key.”

“A little sacrifice, Jjong. I need to buy a perfect gift for Allison,” Key said, and then smiled.

I sighed. “I shouldn’t have come with you.”

“I know you’re enjoying this, Jjong. Don’t deny it.”

I nodded sarcastically. “Oh, yes! I enjoy this. I enjoy this so much that I want to strangle you right now!”

“Strangle me all you want, Jjong,” Key moved closer to me, with his arms wide open. He offered his self for me to strangle. “Help yourself.”

This is frustrating. Key just knows that I can’t do anything to hurt him. He’s my best friend! What can I do? He really is a genius. I can never ever win an argument with him.

Key smirked. “I won.” He patted my head. “You just love me so much.”

I rolled my eyes.

Key started to look through the racks of dresses. He took out a pink dress and a black one. “Wrap these, thanks.” He placed the dresses on the counter. “Jjong,”

I looked at him. “Key.”

“I have something to ask you.”

“Go.”

“Are you still engaged with Hyorin?”

His question caught me off guard. I scratched my head. “Do you really need to ask that question, Key?”

“Is there something wrong with being curious?” the lady in the counter handed him the paper bags and his credit card. He smiled at her. “Thanks.”

“I mean, you really don’t need to bring up the topic. I am trying my very best to forget about it.”

“Seriously, Jjong. Answer me with a yes or a no.”

“Probably, no. I haven’t heard anything from her in the past three years, and besides, I haven’t seen her again ever since the day she slapped my face.” I frowned, remembering the day she slapped my awesome face. “I hope our parents forgot about it already. I wouldn’t marry a girl like her.”

Key smirked. “You really hate her, do you?”

“Of course! You saw what happened to my face after she slapped me, Key. MY CHEEKS GET SWOLLEN!”

“You’re exaggerating, Jjong.” Key said, sarcasm obvious in his tone.

“Okay, it didn’t. But my cheeks got really red, Key. You saw them yourself.”

“Whatever, the ever fabulous Kim Jonghyun.”

“I’m not fabulous, Key. I’m y,” I raised my eyebrow in a teasing manner.

“Eew, Jjong. Shut up. You’re not se—WAIT.” Key stopped, and I stopped too.

“Why? What’s wrong, Key?”

“Is that her?”

“Who is?”

“Hyorin, is that her?”

“That is not a good joke, Key. Don’t torture me. Now, let’s go find something to eat.”

“I’m not lying, Jjong. And just in case I would torture you, I would never ever do it like this. It’ll be a lot worse than you think. Anyways, there she is,” Key pointed at the girl walking towards the shoe racks. “I’ll go and see for myself.”

“W-what? Th—“ before I could even finish my sentence, Key disappeared from my side. That’s ridiculous, Key! Don’t humiliate yourself, please! You’re my best friend, that’s why I am concerned of you. And most of all, DON”T HUMILIATE ME! I BEG YOU!

“Excuse me, miss?” I heard Key say, as he approached the girl who he thinks is Hyorin.

The girl looked at Key. OH PLEASE. You’re not Hyorin, right? I don’t want to see that girl ever again! PLEASE!

She removed her sunglasses.

OHSHOOT. DOUBLEDEAD. It’s confirmed. That girl is Kang Hyorin.

She awkwardly smiled at Key. “Yes?”

“You’re Kang Hyorin, right?”

She nodded. “Yes, how did you know my name?”

Key looked at me with a smirk, and then looked back at Hyorin. “I knew it. Don’t you remember me?”

She shook her head.

OKAY.. I think it’s time for the most awesome person in the world, a.k.a  ME, to in.

“She won’t remember you, Key.” I said, as I walked towards them.

Hyorin raised her eyebrow. “Jonghyun?”

I smirked, trying to act cool in front of her. “You can’t forget me, I’m special.”

“Whatever you say, Mister.” She said in a sarcastic tone. She looked at Key. “So, you must be Kibum?”

Key nodded with a smile. “Yup. Key is the name.”

“You’re still ugly.” I told her with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes. “”Whatever. You still look like a dinosaur.

WHAT?! I LOOK LIKE A WHAT?! A DINOSAUR? ME? A dinosaur? Is she for real? Me, the most awesome person in the world, a dinosaur?

“W-what? M-me? A d-dinosaur?”

Key laughed, but stopped when I glared at him.

She laughed gently because of my reaction. “Yes. You still look like a DINOSAUR, but a weird one. A blond dinosaur?”

“WHAT. DID. YOU. JUST. SAY?”

“A BLOND DINOSAUR.” She repeated, emphasizing every word this time.

“TAKE THAT BACK!”

“Why would I?”

“TAKE TH—“

Key suddenly held my arms, stopping me as I tried to go closer to Hyorin. “Calm down, Jjong. She’s a girl.”

“Yes, she’s a girl, but she’s irr—“

“I think it would be better if you leave, Hyorin,” Key cut me off. “I mean, look at him.”

“Look at me?! What are you try—“

“I agree,” Hyorin agreed. I was cut off, AGAIN. “Thanks, Key. I’ll go now. I might get killed if I don’t. Now, if you’ll excuse me, Hyojin opp ias waiting for me.” she wore her sunglasses again. “See you next time.”

Key smiled. “Ok. See you next time.”

She looked at me and then smirked as she walked away. “Bye, dino.”

“Y-YAH!” I shouted, as I tried to escape from key’s tigh grip, but to no success. She really is getting into my nerves! Who does she think she is to call me a dinosaur?! She’s really annoying!

Key finally let go of me when Hyorin is nowhere to be seen.

“Key. .?”

He raised his eyebrow. “Yes?”

I crossed my arms. I think I hated her more now, and I think I hate you, too.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

WAAAHHHHHHHHH. AN UPDATEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I'm really sorry if it took me so long to update. I was busy with things, and I got injured TT

Hope you'll like this short update! Comments are loved, don't forget to subscribe!

PPYONG~

--iheartkibum