Chapter 4 (1/1)

My Heart Had Always Been Yours (on HIATUS)

*Hyorin's POV

“WHAT?!”

“Hey, calm down.”

“Hyorin, how can I calm down?” Sooyoung shouted, as she stood up. “For goodness’ sake, he kissed you! That monster stole your first kiss!”

“Sooyoung, sshh!”

“Calm down, mom,” Yuri said in a sarcastic tone. “It’s just a kiss.”

“Remove the ‘just’, missy. It is a KISS, on the LIPS!”

I sighed. “Sooyoung, don’t make such a fuss about it. After all, I already cried over it. And I think he didn’t mean to do it.”

“I agree.” Seohyun added.

They are my best friends. Choi Sooyoung, Kwon Yuri and Seo Juhyun or Seohyun as we call her. Sooyoung had been my best friend ever since we were in kindergarten class. We met Yuri in elementary. Seohyun, on the other hand, is the daughter of our house helper and driver.

“Now you’re defending him.” Sooyoung raised her eyebrow.

I blushed out of embarrassment. “N-no! O-of course not! I’m just stating a fact,”

“Well, whatever fact you are talking about, it’s still a kiss,”

“It’s JUST a kiss.” Yuri emphasized the word ‘just’.

“Whatever, Yuri.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Ugh.. Unnie?” Seohyun approached me.

“Yes?”

“We need to go home, appa is already outside.”

I nodded, and we both stood up.

“Hey! Hyorin!” Sooyoung called.

I looked at her with curious eyes. “What?”

“You should be mad at him. He stole your first kiss. A kiss is given to someone you love, and it is supposed to be magical and memorable, ri—“

“Don’t mind her!” Yuri butted in.

“Think about it! And don’t listen to her!” Sooyoung waved at us.

I laughed gently as Seohyun and I left. My guardian angels really are funny.

A first kiss is supposed to be magical and memorable, Sooyoung’s words replayed on my mind. Should I be mad at him?

There were groups of girls standing by the school gates. They all look like fangirls stalking their idols. Luckily, we passed by them peacefully, but Seohyun suddenly stopped.

“Why did you stop, Seohyun? Is there any problem?”

“Unnie, I think he’s waiting for you.”

“Who is?”

“That guy,” she pointed at our right; I was surprised to see who she is talking about.

Jonghyun.

Jonghyun is standing coolly by the gates. He’s still wearing his school uniform. He looked around, and stopped when his gaze met mine.

I blushed, and looked away. “Seohyun, I think we should go now.”

“But I think h—“

“Let’s go!” I pulled her towards the car.

“Hyorin, wait!” Jonghyun called.

I didn’t mind him. Instead, I ran faster.

“Hyorin, wait!” he held my hand.

“Unnie, I’ll wait inside the car,” Seohyun said, and left.

My heartbeat was faster than usual. He’s still holding my hand.

“Let’s talk.” He plainly said, as he looked at me in the eye.

“C-can you please let go of my hand first?” I asked.

He awkwardly let go of my hand, and then scratched his head.

I cleared my throat. “W-what are we going to talk about?”

“I came here to apologize,”

“Apologize?”

“For what happened the other day at the mall.”

“Oh, that,” was all that I was able to say.

“I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to do it.”

Is he really apologizing? My lips slowly formed a smile.

“But because of that,” he continued. “I lost half of my allowance. You don’t need to do that. Why did you cry, huh? Because of you, I lost half of my allowance; my mom took my phone and my laptop! Do you hate me that much for you to do this to me?”

I guess I was WRONG. My smile quickly disappeared, and my eyebrows automatically met. What kind of person is he? One minute, he’s apologizing. On the next, he’s blaming me. What the? Is he bipolar?

“WAIT, wait. Are you here to apologize or to blame me for all the misfortunes YOU caused yourself?”

“I am apologizing! And I am just telling you the outcome of what YOU did!”

“Outcome of what I did? You’re unbelievable! You’re being unreasonable!”

“No, I’m not! If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t suffer like this!”

"You call losing half of your allowance and no gadgets a suffering? What about me? I lost my first kiss to someone I just met, and someone that I don’t even like! You think I didn’t suffer? My first kiss is supposed to be memorable and magical and with the person I love. But now, it’s ruined! Thanks to you, Kim Jonghyun!”

I exploded. For goodness’ sake, he can’t blame me for everything that happened! HELLO? I AM THE VICTIM here, not him!

“It’s JUST a kiss, Hyorin! IT”S JUST A KISS!”

I slapped him really hard; his whole cheek turned red.

His eyes widened because of extreme shock as he touched his cheek. He pointed his finger at me. “Y-YOU!” he shouted. “W-what was that for?!”

“That? That’s for my first kiss. And this,” I slapped his other cheek. “That’s for ‘I hate you’!” I walked out.

“YOU! You’re not likeable! You’re mean! You’re not attractive! You’re UGLY!”

I stopped.

You’re UGLY!

It hit me really hard. It is the most hurtful word I have ever heard. A tear rolled down my cheek.

“I hate you! I’ll never marry nor like an UGLY person like you!”

I tried my very best to act and look strong when I faced him again. I smirked. “Don’t worry. I hate you more than you could ever imagine.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Mean Jonghyun >< HAHA!

What would happen next?

I think I wouldn't be able to update for a while. I am currently working on a novel. Yes, a novel. :) I'm starting to write one, and I hope it would turn out well. But don't worry, I would never abandon my fics, especially this one. Because this is my favorite :))

Comments are loved! Don't forget to subscribe! :DD

PPYONG~

--iheartkibum