Chapter 1 (1/3)

My Heart Had Always Been Yours (on HIATUS)

* Hyorin's POV

“NO!”

“I’m sorry, darling, but we can’t do anything about it,”

“Mom, I can’t! I can’t be engaged!”

“But darling, you told me you’ll be fine with it, right?”

“B-but mom, I didn’t know t-that it was like th-that! You didn’t tell me!”

“Darling, please. Calm down first,”

“Mom, how can I calm down? Please, don’t do this to me..”

“Hyorin, I’m sorry, but I can’t.”

“But mom, I’m just fifteen years old! Then, this?”

“I’m sorry, honey. But we can’t do anything about the engagement. Your father already made his decision,”

I sighed. “But mom, I don’t want to get married to someone I don’t know, and someone that I don’t like,”

My mom pinched my cheeks. “Don’t worry, darling. Daddy won’t agree if Minji’s son is a bad guy, right?”

I just nodded.

“His name is Kim Jonghyun. We’re going to meet him tomorrow.”

I just nodded as I left the room.

Few minutes ago..

I gladly entered our mansion with a bright smile on my face, walking happily towards the staircase. I had a really good day, enjoying everything with my friends, getting an A on my project, winning the declamation contest, and getting a perfect score in our weekly quiz. Everything seemed fine, perfect..

“Hyorin, darling, is that you?” it was my mom.

I turned around with a bright smile on my face, facing my mother who is standing at the edge of the staircase. “Hi, mom.”

She walked towards me, and then smiled. “It’s good to see that beautiful smile on your face, honey. Tell me what happened.”

I told my mom everything that happened in school as we went to her room. She would always give me that happy expression that I loved after every sentence.

Suddenly, I noticed that her smile was slowly fading.

I sat beside her on their bed. “Mom, are you okay?”

She nodded, and ruffled my neatly tied hair. “I’m okay, don’t worry.”

I hugged her tight. “Good to hear, mom.”

“Hyorin..?”

“Yes?”

“I’m going to tell you something serious. Something that has to do with your future. Promise me, you’ll be fine about it?”

I nodded. “Sure thing, mom.”

“Hyorin..” she inhaled deeply. “You’re engaged.”

Back to reality..

And just like that, Kang Hyorin’s life was ruined. I am just a typical fifteen-year-old girl, just like any other; normal life, with my friends around me, studying hard just like other students, except for being the daughter of a rich and famous businessman. But then, my life was shattered because of a sudden engagement to a guy I don’t love and I haven’t even met.

Well. To be honest, I don’t know even a single thing about love. I haven’t liked, nor loved someone before. For someone who studies at an all-girl school, how would I know anything about love?

I really am nervous about what would happen tomorrow. What does that Jonghyun guy looks like? Is he good-looking, or not? Is he nice, or not? Well, whatever he is, I can’t do anything about it. I’m tied to this engagement until the last day of my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------