Chapter 2 (1/2)

My Heart Had Always Been Yours (on HIATUS)

*Hyorin's POV

Okay. So, he’s thirty minutes late. His mom is here, but he isn’t. I really prepared for this day. I wore my favorite blue dress, and tied my curly hair into a neat bun at the right side of my face. Dad isn’t here with us, because he had an important meeting, and so is Jonghyun’s dad.

“You look very pretty today, Hyorin,” Miss Minji, Jonghyun’s mother, told me and then smiled.

I smiled back at her. “Thank you very much, ma’am.”

She chuckled. “You’re very polite, darling, Just call me Auntie Minji,”

“Yes, Auntie Minji,”

She sighed, as she looked at her wrist watch. “I’m very sorry if Jonghyun is late. I don’t know where he is, and he isn’t answering his phone,”

My mom smiled. “It’s okay. We understand. I also had a hard time convincing Hyorin about this. They’re still too young, and I know that someday, they will both understand why we did this,”

“I know,” she sighed again. “I’m sorry, Jihyun. I don’t think Jongh—“

“Sorry I’m late!”

I looked behind Auntie Minji, and saw an unfamiliar guy. He’s a bit short, but with real manly features.  He has short, black, hair, and a very good-looking face. But, he looks a bit like a dinosaur..

What’s this? Why is my heart beating fast? What is this strange feeling?

“Jjong! Thank you for granting my request, dear!” Auntie Minji’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. She stood up, and hugged Jonghyun.

“Hey, Auntie Minji. Long time no see,” an unfamiliar boy standing beside Jonghyun, said. He has cat-like eyes, and a diva-like smile. He is good-looking, too, but he doesn’t have enough manliness to be considered handsome. I think the word ‘pretty’ will best describe him.

“Kibum, you’re here, too,” Auntie Minji said with a smile

“Yes, Auntie Minji. I just wanted to make sure that Jjong will be meeting you here,”

“Thank you, Kibum. By the way, I would like you two to meet Kang Jihyun, a very good friend of mine. And this beautiful, young lady here,” she looked at me with a smile, and then back to the two. “..is Kang Hyorin. She will be Jonghyun’s fiancé.”

The guy named Kibum smiled at me. “Hi. Nice to meet you, Hyorin. I am Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key. I am Jonghyun’s best friend,” he bowed at my mom. “It’s very nice to meet you, ma’am.”

My mom smiled at him, and nodded.

“I better go. I wouldn’t want to disturb your lunch,” Kibum said, and left.

Jonghyun sat beside his mom, and then smiled at me. “You’re very pretty,”

I blushed, but I tried to hide it. “T-thank you,”

The food that we ordered arrived, and we all started eating.

He talked about a lot of things while we eat, and I noticed that he has an attitude. I never thought that he was this kind of guy.

After eating, we all went to the mall.

“We’ll just look for something, darling. You better take care of Hyorin, Jjong. You wouldn’t want her to get hurt, do you? After all, she’s your fi—“

“Mom, stop it.” He cut his mom off.

His mom smiled, and left with my mom.

He looked at me. “So, where are you studying?”

“I am studying at an all-girl school,” I answered shyly, as we walked.

He nodded. “I guess that’s boring. No boys at all?”

“Of course, but it isn’t boring.”

“I think it’s boring. Good thing that I am studying at a normal school,”

“So, what are you trying to say?”

He smiled sarcastically. “Nothing,”

I just closed my eyes, and tried to calm myself down.

He suddenly held my wrist, and pulled me closer to him.

I opened my eyes, and glared at him. “What was that for?”

“Don’t close your eyes while walking, you almost tripped. Don’t be your stupid self, okay? If it wasn’t for me, maybe, you humiliated yourself.”

I just ignored him, and walked away.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“I don’t know, maybe I’ll be my stupid self again, and fall down the stairs,” I answered in a sarcastic tone.

He held my wrist again, and dragged me somewhere else.

“Let me go!” I tried to escape from his grip, but I can’t. He’s too strong. “Where are you taking me?”

“I want some ice cream.”