Chapter 1 (2/3)

My Heart Had Always Been Yours (on HIATUS)

* Jonghyun's POV

“Jonghyun..”

I was standing in the middle of a very wonderful garden, with trees everywhere. There are beautiful fllowers surrounding the whole place, showing me how beautiful nature is. I can hear the chirping of the birds from somewhere near me, and they were like music to my ears.

“Jonghyun..” a voice called me again.

I looked around, and saw a very beautiful girl, standing far away from me. She has long, curly and brown hair, with bangs that cover her forehead. She has a very slender body, and milky white skin. She is wearing a long white dress, down to her feet, and there was a flower above her right ear. She really is beautiful, but I can’t see her face clearly..

I walked slowly towards her, and tried to hold her hand.

She slowly walked away from me, and then smiled. “Wait for me, Jonghyun. I love you..”

With that last sentence, she was gone with the wind..

                                                                                                -------

I opened my eyes, and realized that it was just a dream. A very wonderful dream.

 But, it isn’t real. Everything isn’t real, but I can feel that the girl in my dream do exist in this world. All that I have to do is to wait for her, just like what she told me.

I stood up, and walked towards the bathroom and quickly took my shower.

I wish I’ll be able to see her in my dreams again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

“Jjong?” my mom knocked gently on my room’s door.

I was busy playing video games by myself, since Key can’t come. I stopped for a while, hearing my mom’s voice from the outside. “Yes, mom?”

“Can I come in, darling?”

“Sure,” I plainly answered, and continued with what I was doing.

She sat beside me, and held the other game console that was left unattended on my bed. She restarted the game, and started to play with me.

I didn’t know that my mom was good in playing video games, until she defeated my player thrice in a row.

“I didn’t know you were a good player, mom,” I told her, as we went on with another battle.

“Of course I am. I am your mother, I should be good,”

I just smiled, and continued with the game.

“Uhm. Jjong?”

“Yes?” I answered without looking at my mom.

“You know that we love you, right?”

I laughed gently. “Of course, mom.”

“And you know that everything that we will do is the best thing for you, right?”

“Right,”

“I hope you’ll understand, Jjong,” my mom said in a low voice, and after that, she knocked out my player for the fourth time.

I looked at her with curious eyes. “Understand what, mom?”

She sighed, and then looked at me. “Jjong, darling,”

“Yes..?”

“You’re engaged.”

P R O C E S S I N G . . .

“WH-WHAT?” I stood up from where I was seated, and almost threw the game console that I was holding.

“Darling, you’re engaged.” She repeated.

I headed to the door. “Mom, I can’t and I won’t be.”

“Jjong, would you please listen to me first?” my mom said, trying to stop me from leaving.

I stopped, and looked at my mom again. “How did this happen, mom?”

“It is your father’s decision, Jjong.”

“So, does that mean I’ll marry whoever that girl is in the future?”

She nodded.

“But mom, I don’t like her, and I don’t even know her!”

“Honey, please. This is for you, Jonghyun. She’s not a bad girl, Jonghyun. In fact, she’s very pretty, nice, smart, she’s almost perfect. Pl—“

“If dad wants that girl so much to be his daughter-in-law,” I cut my mom off. “Then why don’t you let Dad marry that girl?”

“Kim Jonghyun, stop talking like that.”

“But mom, I just can’t.”

My mom sighed. “Jonghyun, please. Do it for me.”

“Mom, if it’s something like studying abroad, or helping dad with our business, I’ll do it. But it isn’t. We’re talking about my future, mom. I can’t marry someone that I don’t love.” I opened the door. “I’m sorry, mom.”

“I will still be waiting for you at the restaurant tomorrow, Jonghyun. I hope you’ll come.” My mom said, before I closed the door.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Comments are loved!

Don't forget to subscribe!

PPYONG~

--iheartkibum