Chapter 1 (3/3)

My Heart Had Always Been Yours (on HIATUS)

“Hey, Jjong. What’s with you?” Key, my best friend, asked as he sat beside me.

“Try to guess,”

He smirked. “Fixed marriage?”

I nodded as I covered my face with my hands.

Key patted my back lightly. “Poor Jjong. You can’t do anything about it, right?”

I just nodded.

“Do it for Auntie Minji. She’ll be very happy if you will. I know that she wouldn’t agree with it if the girl is ugly, or someone who’s not worth it, right?”

I sighed. “I don’t love her, Key. I don’t even know her! And besides,” I patted my chest, where my heart is. “There already is someone inside my heart, and that girl can never replace her,”

Key gave me an I-don’t-believe-you look. “Oh really?”

“Yes, of course! Why are you looking at me like that?”

“If you’re telling the truth, then what’s her name?”

“Ugh.. I really don’t know. She’s just a girl that appeared in my dream last night. She’s pretty, but I can’t see her face clearly. And she told me to wait for her because she loves me, and that’s what I will do.”

“So, you’re telling me that you’re in love with the girl in your dreams that’s why you don’t want to marry the girl that your parents want for you?”

I nodded with a pout. “Exactly.”

Key laughed hard.

I looked at him with a frown. I punched his shoulder lightly. “Hey! Why are you laughing?!”

He calmed himself down, and then smiled. “You’re kidding, right?”

I shook my head.

“Oh, okay.”

“What should I do? I don’t want to marry that girl in the future!”

“You know Jjong, there’s something inside your head called ‘brain’. And it is used for thinking, okay?”

I curled my eyebrows. “So?”

“Aish, idiot! Just meet her, and if you don’t like her, and you two already got married, just file a divorce. Tell your parents that things won’t work out for the two of you anymore. Then you’re free to find that girl in your dreams, just in case she’s real. Problem solved.”

“It’s not that easy, you know,”

“What do you want me to say? Just make her hate you so that she would ask her parents to cancel the engagement? Something like that? Aish, Kim Jonghyun, you re—“

I hugged him tight. “Thanks, Key you really are a genius!”

“I know. You don’t have to remind me.” he said, and then laughed.

I stood up, and ran away.

“Hey, where are you going?” Key shouted.

“I’m going to meet her!”

I’m going to make her hate me. What a brilliant idea.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________