The Cousin

Love in the First Degree
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 - The Cousin

 

KRYSTAL
I held the brush tightly and spread the paint roughly across the canvas. "Why can't he just forget about her!" I shouted as I dipped the brush to another color. I spread it until I formed his side profile. "Why am I even painting him?" I asked myself like an idiot. I drop the brush to the palette and wiped my eyes before tears even fall down.

 

There was a knock on the door and I immediately removed my hands from my eyes. I don't want Seulgi to suspect anything. I turned to her and gave her a huge smile. "I made you some cookies, to lift up your spirit," she knows I'm not fine; as expected from my bestfriend. She walked towards me and hugged me and that's when I couldn't stop my tears from falling. My heart was hurting a lot. Why am I being like this?

 

"Sshh you've been crying since yesterday. I noticed things didn't work out with Seunghyun?" I silently nodded my head against her shoulder. She rubbed my back and listened to my whimpers. "Do you want to talk about it now?" she asked but I stayed still. "Then we'll just talk about it some other time?" I nodded and hugged her tightly.

 

I don't knowwhat to feel. I feel numb but there were tears falling from eyes. I want to scream but my voice won't come out. I wanted to call him and tell him I shouldn't have asked that question but I already got the answer. And he wants to be with her. He wants to be with her again--the love of his life.

 

I tried pulling myself from my bed after Seulgi went out to her part time job; I told her I'll be fine alone. I kept on checking my phone hoping he'd call but he never did.

 

After sleeping and staying in bed for hours I decided I'd go to that photoshoot I've been arguing with myself about. I'll try to forget Seunghyun just for the day. I hope I could; So I cleaned myself up and tried to hide my puffy eyes with concealer but I couldn't so I put on a heavy eye make up just to cover it up a lil bit. I wore my casual skinny jeans and shirt and went to the studio for my scheduled photoshoot.

 

"Oh thank Gawd you're here," said Chowon--one of my stylist, as soon as I got in the venue. "I'm about to call you thinking you wouldn't come...." she spoke so fast I couldn't understand the rest of what she was saying. I let her drag me to the dressing room and let me change into the clothes I'm going to wear for the shoot. I asked her what brand it was and she said it was Puma. "Oh okay."

 

"Will I be doing it alone or..." I trailed off wanting her to answer me right away. "There's a male model who flew all the way from California he's Korean so you don't need to worry about talking to him," she answered as she was doing my make up. I just nodded and let her finish.

 

I stood in front of a wall with graffiti and took my solo shoot. I look to my side and there was this guy watching me intently and nodding his head as he watched me. Is he judging me or something? I glared at him and he looked taken aback. "Jaehyun join her," the director shouted at the guy at the side. He ran towards me and he stood to my side smiling at me like an idiot. "Okay ready your poses I want a cold city couple you got that?" We both nodded our heads and followed the director's order. We both turned our cold aura on and he was surprisingly good at it. "Put emphasis on the shoes."

 

After changing into new pairs of clothing we both stood side by side waiting for the director's instructions. "Now a cute teenage couple. Face each other," he ordered and we obliged. I turned to him and I had to look up for he was so tall. He stared down at me and gave me his supposedly cute smile. I gave him one back--a fake one.

 

The director wanted me to look at him intently while he was looking away so I did. He's not bad looking well he's not a model for nothing and he looks good in anything. I stared at his face and his face resembled someone. I don't know his sharp eyes. His sharp eyes. Seunghyun. He has the same smile as Seunghyun too. But his eyes it has the same sharpness as Seunghyun. He turned to look at me and his face gave off this smirk. The same smirk as Seunghyun. I looked away looking so hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter