Even More Nonsense

Open Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thankfully, you weren't a sloppy drunk. Sure you felt it enough to have fun, but you weren't a drunken mess like two guys you knew.

Wonho plastered a blissful smile on his face as you helped him into the taxi. He was quiet mostly, with a default smile on his face at all times, but that's what made it scary. He could be falling headfirst, and he wouldn't say a word. Thankfully, he didn't fall, but he came close a few times.

Kihyun, on the other hand, was constantly moving, constantly looking at things, and, you guessed it, constantly talking. If he saw something shiny, he'd walk off to look for it, and you had to admit you lost him a few times in the last hour from that. At least he wasn't handsy. You appreciated that.

The only thing was when you were helping him into the taxi, he kept on shaking you off and trying to walk off onto the street. You had to hold his hand so he wouldn't run off into the traffic. You hated it, but you were desperate and you were too drunk to think of anything better.

He stopped as soon as you did it. "You're holding my hand."

"I hope you don't freak out about it," you mumbled sarcastically as you pushed him in the taxi. He hit his head on the roof and winced. "Ow! Why do you always do that?!"

Old habits die hard? Karma? How would you know?

You got in the taxi last and shut the door. As soon as it took off onto the street, you untangled your hand from Kihyun's and sighed in relief. "You two exhaust me."

Wonho's head bobbed to the side and then down to his chest. He groaned. "Hmm. Umm. Wait." He laughed. "It feels funny on your lips when you say mmmmm."

Kihyun tried it and then laughed. "It does."

Wonho laughed again and the cycle repeated itself.

You sighed, resting your head against the window. You were completely breathless and exhausted. Your head was spinning. You mumbled the address to the driver and then let your head fall to the other side, which just so happened to be on Kihyun's shoulder. He flinched. "Not that again! I told you I don't like it. Respect my body."

"Sorry," you mumbled, pulling your legs up to your chest so you could rest your forehead on your knees. "My head feels heavy."

"Ugh, fine!" Kihyun blurted loudly, on the verge of yelling, as he shifted. "Go ahead, I guess."

He sounded so mean when he was drunk. Was that how you sounded when you snapped at him? Was he mimicking you? You frowned.

"No, I'm already comfortable like this," you mumbled into your thighs. "Why are you so mean? It was an accident."

Wonho sighed. "He is mean, isn't he? You know, it's not cool to be mean, Kihyun."

Kihyun huffed. "You two are the mean ones. You made that friend club and didn't let me in."

"It was a joke!" Wonho countered exasperatedly. "When you do it, it's just mean."

Kihyun groaned and you patted his shoulder, your forehead still pressed in your knees. "It's okay. You're learning."

"I am," Kihyun mumbled. "You know, you're really nice when you're drunk. You should get drunk more often."

You furrowed your eyebrows, lifting your head. "That's... not good advice."

You paid the taxi driver when he arrived at the apartment, and now it was the hard part. You stumbled out, Kihyun actually managed on his own, and the two of you had to help Wonho because you didn't want to take the risk of him waking up concussed the following morning.

You all stumbled inside to the elevator and then looked at each other. It was weird seeing each other in the light, seeing how different your expressions were. Kihyun laughed, pointing at your face. "Look at you. You're smiling."

You didn't realize the grin till he pointed it out. You laughed. "I am. That's sad that you're so surprised by it."

Wonho burst out laughing as he leaned against the wall and accidentally pressed the elevator button. He gasped and then he remembered you were waiting for the elevator and no one had pressed the button yet. "Oh, wait, no. That's a good thing."

You laughed, pointing at Wonho. Drunk Wonho was the kind of the guy that made you laugh just looking at him. He was fun when he was drunk.

When the elevator opened up, you all stumbled inside and Wonho took several seconds to realize which floor he was supposed to press. Even then, it was a challenge. He sighed, bringing his palm over his forehead. "Five's my favorite number, but we live on the second, right? I hate hard decisions."

Kihyun's eyes lit up. "Just press all of them!"

Wonho looked over his shoulder and gave Kihyun an impressed grin. He dragged his hands down the buttons till they all lit up. "I like the way you think."

Kihyun clapped a hand on his back and sighed. "This is why we're best friends."

You leaned against the wall and looked over at Kihyun and Wonho. They more acted like typical best friends when they were drunk. It was funny, but also nice to see. So Wonho wasn't suffering the entire time, and neither was Kihyun getting his eyes rolled at. You were sure Kihyun would be a lot worse if drunk Wonho didn't exist.

The elevator opened but it opened to the right floor. Wonho shrugged. "That's right. We live on the second floor."

You all stepped out, and then you were reminded just how drunk you were. You stumbled into Wonho's back and then realized how comfortable it felt against your forehead. You contemplated for a second before lifting it. "Sorry."

Wonho laughed. "Don't worry about it."

Kihyun pouted to Wonho. "You should come over. Drunk Wonho is the best! Don't leave yet!"

"I have work tomorrow," Wonho said, hiccuping. He groaned, squeezing his eyes shut. "Sober me is going to hate drunk me tomorrow. Ugh."

Kihyun frowned and pulled Wonho into a hug. Wonho didn't hug back, but he let himself be held as Kihyun patted his back and mumbled, "I'll miss you, friend."

"I thought you hated hugging," you said to Kihyun. "Or any type of physical affection."

"There are exceptions," Kihyun said as he let Wonho go. "I like hugging drunk Wonho because he's the coolest."

You didn't know if that made you think of Kihyun or Wonho differently, or both, but you laughed airily. "That's ridiculous. He didn't even hug you back."

"He doesn't need to," Kihyun answered with a soft smile. "Try it. He's magical."

You raised an eyebrow, but you had to admit you were curious. You looked at Wonho and he shrugged. "You can if you want."

He really was the best. He didn't make you feel awkward about it at all.

You carefully put your arms around his waist and set your head on his chest. He didn't hug you back, but apparently that was what he did, and it actually... did feel... really nice. His chest was warm and inviting, and you didn't know how long you were hugging him, but it wouldn't be long enough when you separated.

You sighed. "I want you to be my best friend, too."

Wonho amusedly looked down at you. Who didn't like a pretty girl hugging them? No one had ever quite hugged him with so much gratitude, well aside from Kihyun. As soon as he questioned his feelings, you let go. "I feel like I just got up from a really nice, long nap," you mumbled, slightly dazed.

"Told you," Kihyun stated proudly. "I advise against doing it with sober Wonho, though. It's not fun."

Wonho frowned slightly, about to protest when he remembered sober him would regret letting Kihyun think he could hug him any time he wanted. "I'll be going then," he said, waving to you and Kihyun. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, but not really," Kihyun replied with a pitying look as Wonho headed toward his apartment. He sighed. "I'm going to miss him. Hanging out with him is better than getting laid, and I truly mean it."

"I'll miss him too," you replied, frowning. "Sober Wonho's cool, though."

"Yeah, but only to you," Kihyun replied, rolling his eyes.

 

 

///

 

 

You stumbled into the apartment with Kihyun and laughed for no reason. You just felt happy. Being drunk was fun.

Kihyun walked a lot slower as he pretended to have control over himself, but he immediately faltered and collided into the corner of the couch. He winced. "Ow. Not again. I'm burning this thing!"

You laughed, dropping down on the couch. You slouched down and smiled contentedly, lacing your hands across your stomach. "It's so comfortable, though. I love this thing."

Kihyun slouched down beside you and nodded. He smiled sloppily and took off his hat to run a hand through his hair. "Mhm. I take that back. I'm not leaving ever. I'm sleeping here tonight and for the rest of my life."

"No, because I'm going to," you mumbled, eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I just moved here, so I haven't slept on here yet."

"That's so... not cool," Kihyun said, giving you a mildly betrayed look. "I called dibs. I lived here first, so I get to decide, and I decide me. He's a really cool guy."

"Well, too bad, because I want to sleep here, and I am," you mumbled, shoving him slightly.

"Well, we both can't sleep here!" Kihyun blurted. "That's just disgusting!"

"Why? Because of cuddling?" you snorted. His irrational fear of cuddling was funnier now than ever. It was one of those things that was funniest when you were drunk. You looked at him. "Is it gross?"

"Obviously!" Kihyun blurted, giving you a look as he inched away. "That's what old people do when they're lying on their deathbeds together, or what middle-aged couples do when they're too lazy to bang. I'm too young and full of life to cuddle."

You shrugged, realizing that was a valid argument (especially when it came to you two), and that ultimately, you'd have to decide on who got the couch. "Well, then how do we decide who gets to sleep here tonight?"

"Thumb wrestle?" Kihyun proposed. He was out of brain power, and he was confident in thumb wrestling. He had extremely strong thumbs. If he bothered with making resumés, he'd put it under his special skills. Won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter