Nice Guy

Open Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You didn't wear makeup often, or really do too much to manipulate your looks (out of laziness mostly), so when you caked on makeup, put on fancy clothes, and modeled, it was a complete transformation. It was easier that way to separate yourself from who you were when you modeled. That was probably why you hardly told your friends about it. Once they got over how surprised they were, they asked you for jobs, or free clothes, or hot model boyfriends (or girlfriends). Anyway, being a model was sort of like your alter ego.

"I think that's all for today! Good job everyone," the photographer said after snapping a final shot of you. 

Everyone scattered to clean up, and the photographer walked up to you with a smile. "These turned out great... How about you keep the outfit?"

"Thank you," you replied with a polite smile. You looked down at your dress. It really wasn't something you had a reason to wear. It was too flashy and formal. You gave her an embarrassed smile. "I appreciate the offer, but I don't think-"

"Come on, you look fantastic!" the photographer pressed, giving you a desperate look. "At least wear it on the way home. Just, if anyone asks, tell them about the great photographer who gave it to you."

You sighed, giving her a helpless smile. "Thank you."

You felt really bad it'd probably end up in the back of your closet.

 

 

///

 

 

You got home at around 10, and tightened your coat over your dress. The last thing you wanted was Kihyun to look at you the wrong way because of it. He was strange, and you were pretty sure you'd only wear pants as long as there was a chance he'd see you.

You opened the door and found the light on with Kihyun just shrugging on his jacket. He squinted slightly and gave a smug grin. "You look nice. Lucky me."

You rolled your eyes. Why would he have any reason to be lucky? "I'm your roommate, not your girlfriend, Kihyun," you replied tiredly as you closed the door and took off your heels. 

"I'm just saying I'm lucky to be in the company of such a pretty girl," Kihyun countered as he sat down on the couch and laced his shoes.

Right. Wonder how long it took for him to think of that one. Did it actually work on girls, or was he just that handsome and charismatic for them to pretend it worked? In any case, it didn't work on you. 

You walked to the bathroom and started to take the pins out of your hair. "That's not what you meant and you know it."

"If that's what you want to believe," Kihyun replied casually as he got up and grabbed his wallet and keys off of the counter. "Anyway, I'm going out for drinks with Wonho, Minhyuk, and Shownu. You want to come?"

"I would, but I don't want to," you replied as you grabbed your hairpins (all twelve of them) and shoved them in your coat pocket. 

"Oh, come on," Kihyun replied, giving you a grin that was supposed to be charming probably. "Think of it as two roommates getting to know each other. I'll pay."

Free drinks. Now that was a good enough reason for you to consider it. The rest didn't matter much to you. You thought about it for a few seconds before walking into your room. "Fine, give me a second."

Just before you closed the door, you dropped your coat and Kihyun caught a glance at the dress you were wearing. God did it look good against your figure. He tried to crane his neck to give his eyes more time on the prize, but your door slammed closed and he sighed disappointedly. 

It really should've been easier than that. Shy girls usually didn't take too much time to conquer. 

You clearly weren't shy, but he'd rather believe that that was the reason why you weren't talking to than the simplest answer: you just didn't like him. 

 

 

///

 

 

You changed into a simple white T-shirt, jeans, a thick cardigan, and some heels, and Kihyun had to admit that wasn't a bad sight at all, even though it was a very toned down image from when you slipped off your coat. Your legs did wonders on his brain, anyway. You caught him staring on the way to the bar, rolled your eyes, and shoved him forward, so he wouldn't be able to look at them. He really had no manners. 

He looked back at you. "So how do you like the place?"

"It's nice, but I guess I have Wonho to thank for that," you replied, shoving your hands in your pockets. "He's a good cleaner."

"My little maid boy," Kihyun said with a fond grin. "He has no life, so it gives him something to do with all of his free time."

You gave him a disappointed look. "So you're just nice to girls? I thought he was your best friend."

Kihyun pursed his lips in thought. Well, sure he treated girls differently, since they were delicate and guys could take sarcasm without slapping him in the face. It wasn't like he was trying to sleep with his friends. "Well, yeah. It's a power thing," he said, half lying.

"Guys are idiots," you replied airily as you rolled your eyes. You gave him a look. "You know, I'd think you'd be a lot more interesting if you stopped treating me like you want to have with me."

Kihyun blanked and you rolled your eyes, shaking your head. "Now you're imagining having with me." 

To be fair, it was a force of habit. Kihyun didn't talk to any girls his age that he didn't have an ulterior motive with. He grinned. He thought it was hot when you glared and rolled your eyes like that. He cleared his throat and tried to focus. "No. I was just thinking, about um-"

"Look, if we're going to be roommates, you need to know that nothing will ever happen between us," you countered with strong emphasis, pointing a finger in his face. "We're roommates. That's it."

"Ever is sort of a strong word," Kihyun said with an airy chuckle, even though there was a noticeable dent in his ego. He knew you were prettier and more difficult than most girls he talked to, but he didn't know how to react. He hadn't faced rejection since, well that was a story for another day. He was so sure he was on the right path with you. He was a mastermind when it came to getting into girls' pants, and he was experienced with all types of girls. He even made you smile that one time.

"Ever, Kihyun," you emphasized, breaking his train of thought. "I thought you were supposed to be nice."

"Oh, believe me, I am nice," Kihyun countered, another facility in his ego triggered. He shoved his hands in his pockets and stopped in front of the bar. "I am so nice, I'm afraid you might fall in love with me, and I'll have to reject you, so this whole womanizer act is just to protect you."

It may come as a surprise, but Kihyun was lying. He was nice... sometimes. But not enough to be labeled a "nice" person. When he had a face like his, he didn't have to work too hard on his personality. Well, if you asked him, he had a pretty great personality without the whole... nice thing. Anyway... 

You squinted, crossing your arms over your chest. Kihyun was obviously trying to charm you, and it wasn't working. You sighed. "Fine. I know this might be hard on that big," Kihyun grinned suggestively and you gritted your teeth, "heart of yours, but I assure you you can let down your guards and be yourself. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

Kihyun pursed his lips and nodded, holding out his hand. He liked a good challenge with a pretty girl, especially when it concerned seducing. "Deal."

You knew he was bluffing, but now you'd have a reason to make him squirm. You shook his hand. "Deal."

Kihyun almost winced. You had a surprisingly strong grip. You almost laughed. For a womanizer, he had a surprisingly delicate hand. 

 

 

///

 

 

You sat down at the table where Shownu and Wonho were sitting with... hey, it was that one guy Minhyuk who told you Kihyun was actually sensitive and fragile (or whatever). You gave him a skeptic look.

"We meet again," Minhyuk said with a charming smile that showed it made sense he and Kihyun were friends. "Now I can explain, that when I said Kihyun was sensitive, I actually-"

Shownu gave you a deflated look, interrupting Minhyuk. "I wanted to see the model clothes!"

"Yeah... no..." you replied, looking at Shownu weirdly. "Are you that into fashion or that into me wearing fancy dresses?"

"Uh... no?" Shownu replied, looking helpful that the answer sufficed. He always felt trapped when the question wasn't a yes or no one, but it was worth a shot.

Wonho, Minhyuk, and Kihyun rolled their eyes, but then Kihyun realized he was supposed to be the nice one now so he quickly smiled and patted Shownu's back. "I support your dream, whether it be getting in her pants or... in designer pants."

Shownu shrugged Kihyun's hand off and gave him a wary look, like he was looking at a Kihyun imposter (which, if you asked Kihyun, wouldn't be possible because no one looks like Kihyun). "Stop being weird. You're being weird."

Kihyun looked at him dryly as he moved his swatted hand up to rough up Shownu's hair before giving hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter