Dramatically Honest or Honestly Dramatic

Open Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there were a worst moment for Eunha to finally decide to talk to you, it had to be now. Now meant 8:00 in the morning. Now meant you exhausted and hungover. Now meant in the middle of a lecture. 

You should've seen it coming, in all honesty. She was always bad with timing, and completely oblivious to the worst timing. It was bearable most of the time, but times like this were when it was truly a pain to live through.  

You were leaning on your palm, half-asleep when she looked over at you and spoke so sharply, it jolted you awake. "We need to talk."

You blinked tiredly, and raised your head. You felt so out of it, you figured you'd replied until a few moments later when you realized you hadn't. "Now?" you mumbled finally. "We're in the middle of a lecture, Eunha."

"You're not even paying attention," Eunha huffed frustratedly. She was probably glaring, but you didn't have enough energy to do confirm your assumption. You could assume the picture pretty well all on your own.

"Yeah, but everyone else is," you countered quietly, trying not to worsen your headache. It had been a tough morning, to say the least. After showering the previous night, you only had three hours of sleep, and then you had to go to the bank to get money for rent before school. Having an 8:00 class made things worse, and having to talk to Eunha made you regret even getting up in the morning. It was probably karma for something. You really had no clue what you did to deserve this, but it had to be karma.  

"Maybe we should talk when you actually care what I have to say," Eunha hissed, and then you realized you had rolled your eyes when thinking. That was what happened when you were hungover: you got lazy and unfiltered. Eunha sighed. "We've been friends for two years, and you can't even do that."

You massaged your temples, and tried to focus and be cordial. "You're the one who didn't want to be my friend for something I can't help. Our years of friendship didn't matter to you then."

"That's completely different!" Eunha blurted, making your teacher pause from his lesson to look over at you two. You inched away from Eunha and gave a painful grimace. 

 

 

///

 

 

Apparently when Eunha said she wanted to talk later, she really didn't mean it. She wanted to talk now.

"So you don't want to be my friend because a lot of guys like me," you replied plainly, now willing yourself to sit up and look somewhat presentable. "I don't know how I'm supposed to fix that. I didn't even realize it till you said it."

Eunha closed her eyes and sighed. She was a pretty small person, but it only concentrated her anger more, which was just... disturbing to see when it took shape. "It's not only that. You keep secrets from me and make me look like an idiot."

You squinted, your line of thought completely flung off course. You didn't have any secrets, let alone ones you hid from her. You raised an eyebrow when the squinting worsened your headache. "Wait, what?"

"You let me throw myself at Kihyun, when it's obvious you two have something," Eunha blurted, loud enough for a good quarter of the cafeteria to hear. When everyone stopped and looked over at you two, you shielded your face and sighed painfully. Eunha leaned in and continued in a quieter hiss. "As much as you try to pretend it's not there, it's obvious it is."

You sat up and pressed your lips in. "I don't like him, and he doesn't like me. I don't know why you would think that."

"Oh, come on!" Eunha countered, giving you a look. "I've known you for years. At first you hated the guy, and now you're hanging out with him every night! That speaks for itself."

"We're friends," you replied with a shrug. "I hang out with my friends. Eunha, I don't like Kihyun. If you felt that way about him, then why did you let me move in with him?"

"I thought you'd always hate him," Eunha replied, her voice tight as she folded her arms across her chest. "You hate guys like him. You're too boring for him, too, so I don't know why there's something going on."

Now that was something that sealed the fate of your friendship. You understood she liked Kihyun, and may have sort of understood why she was mad at you, but she didn't have to say you were boring. Just because you didn't party every night and mess around with random guys at random parties, didn't mean you were boring. After all those years of friendship, you'd never imagined her saying that, but people take shape and people reveal who they truly are. 

You were about to open your mouth to reply when another voice answered for you. "It's the boring people Kihyun likes to be friends with."

You looked over your shoulder and found Minhyuk with his arms crossed, that dull Minhyuk sort of expression he always wore directed at Eunha. He cocked his head to the side and looked at her, still blank-faced. "If we were all loud like Kihyun and Shownu, then the world would fall off its axis."

Eunha pressed her lips in and you raised an eyebrow at Minhyuk, now feeling your anger somewhat diffused. You were more shocked at him. "You appeared out of nowhere," you said. "You're like a spy."

Minhyuk's eyes remained unaffected as he continued to look at Eunha. "Kihyun doesn't like anyone, so if you think he likes her, then you don't know him at all, and shouldn't be assuming you know what he wants."

That was the most you had ever heard him speak. You were thinking that every time you saw Minhyuk, and were still surprised when he outdid himself. Apart from that, you were surprised Minhyuk was sort of a badass. You could transport him into any drama on TV and he would most likely fit the role of the male lead. You didn't know people like him actually existed. You looked away from him and nodded to Eunha. "Yeah..."

What else were you supposed to say? 

"You don't know her as well as I do," Eunha pointed out, glaring at Minhyuk. "She likes him!"

"If she says she doesn't, then she doesn't," Minhyuk replied, no hesitation in his voice. "Are you saying you know what she feels about him more than she does?"

It was kind of cool having Minhyuk talk for you. He was like your lawyer. You wanted to take him along to every confrontation now. He knew nothing about what was going on, but somehow he knew everything. 

"I'm saying she's obviously lying," Eunha snapped. She was always stubborn, so you saw this coming. If you were Minhyuk, you wouldn't have bothered, but then again, if you were her, you wouldn't have argued with Minhyuk. But that was just you. What did you know?

"It seems pointless arguing with you," Minhyuk replied in a sigh as he shoved his hands in his pockets. "I have two tests today, so this isn't worth it."

He looked at you, and it took a few moments for you to get the cue to stand up and leave with him. As you two were walking out of the cafeteria, you grimaced, sort of feeling bad for leaving Eunha like that. "You were pretty harsh there."

"That was me studying for my mock trial coming up," Minhyuk replied in a much more casual tone as he shrugged. "Studying with Shownu is pointless. He always lets me win."

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

You and Minhyuk got back to the apartment and found Kihyun vegging on the couch, a huge blanket wrapped around his head. He felt like death, and looked worse. He was usually so full of energy, but every once in a while, he gave up the will to live. 

This was one of these days.

"What are you doing?" you said, letting Minhyuk step through behind you as you closed the door (he wanted to make a cup of coffee before his exams). Despite the fact that it was noon, you had to turn on the light because all of the curtains were drawn closed, plunging the room in darkness.

"I feel like I'm dying," Kihyun mumbled, falling to the side on the couch. His blanket swallowed his facd and he groaned. "My head hurts and so does everything else."

"Have some pride, Kihyun," Minhyuk mumbled as he squinted slightly and continued on to the kitchen. 

"You're always so dramatic," you sighed as you walked over and pulled the blanket away from Kihyun's face. 

His bangs feathered down his forehead over his eyes and he blew them up away so he could see. "I'm not dramatic," he mumbled resentfully. "I'm honest, and honestly, I feel like I'm dying."

"Oh, really?" you replied, giving him a look. "Should we recount what you told me last night? You are dramatic."

Kihyun sat up and gave a much more serious look -- the kind of look that was on Minhyuk's face more than it wasn't. "I said nothing to you last night," he said. "You were very drunk."

"Nice try," you replied as you gave him a pitying look. "I appreciate your effort, Kihyun, but I now know all of your secrets."

You initially felt bad for taking advantage of that moment, but now you realized you couldn't really treat Kihyun any differently. If you pitied Kihyun, he would take full advantage of it, and that wasn't what you needed. 

Kihyun shifted slightly and nodded when he realized the only thing worth acknowled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter