Moving In

Open Doors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You threw the last bundle of clothes in your bag and rolled your eyes. Even though you didn't have much stuff to begin with, it was irritating having to pack up on such a tight deadline. You knew Yein and her boyfriend would probably end up sharing her room and leave yours deserted, but you didn't want to go back to grab anything after moving in at the new place. In short, you didn't trust Yein at all. She always liked to borrow your clothes without asking, and took them to weird places. 

"Well, aren't you going to thank me?" Yein said as she leaned against your doorframe and eyed her poorly polished nails. "You should be kissing my feet for getting you such a hot roommate. God knows you need some action in your life."

"I don't think your boyfriend would appreciate you calling other guys hot," you mumbled dryly as you zipped up your bags and picked them up. You tried not to show how heavy they were. She liked cheap revenge.

"It's merely an observation," Yein replied as you shouldered your way past her. She scoffed with a glare when your bag collided with her waist, but you didn't care to acknowledge it. 

"After all I've done for you!" Yein called over your shoulder as you opened the door. "God, you always had such a stick up your ! I'm glad I don't have to put up with you anymore!"

You remained unfazed as you closed the door, knowing silence was the best way to get under her skin. Yein lived for attention, which was why she never liked you. You didn't have the energy to pay much attention to people you liked. You didn't see the point of it. 

After you closed the door, you had a feeling you'd never be back there again. Quite frankly, you didn't think you'd miss it, either.

 

 

Kihyun rolled over on his back and laced his hands behind his head with a content smile. He always liked in the afternoon; it really put some oomph into the evening. He sighed. "You've certainly outdone yourself, Jieun."

"My name's Jihyun," the random brunette replied as she sat up in her bed and reached for her blouse. "I guess I should be grateful you got the 'Ji' part right."

"It's a nickname. Sometimes my friends call me Kieun, I swear," Kihyun replied with a slight smirk as he reached over and grabbed his buzzing phone from his bedside. The ladies just couldn't keep their paws off of them, could they? He saw your name on the caller ID and pressed his phone to his cheek with a refreshed smile. "Hey, roomie. What can I do for you?"

"Oh, God," you replied dryly, sort of out of breath. Kihyun smiled amusedly as you continued. "Where's your apartment? I want to drop off my stuff before class."

Kihyun puffed his cheeks, wishing he was at his apartment, but, no, sadly he was at this random girl's dorm. He frowned, but recovered quickly. "I'm not there, but I'll text you the directions. Don't worry about getting in. The building's door is never locked, and neither is my apartment."

"That's reassuring," you replied with a sigh. "Anyway, you must be... busy. I'll let you go."

Kihyun chuckled at your bluntness. "See you at home, roomie."

 

 

The apartment building, aside from minor defects like faulty auto-lock and tight parking lots, really wasn't all that bad. It was near the school, so the walk wasn't too damaging on your knees. You didn't ask for much, so you were grateful for anything, really. You spent most time working, at school, or out in the city with your friends, so the apartment was really just a place to shower and sleep. Oh, god. You'd be sharing a shower with that guy. You just hoped he didn't bring any girls back.

You thanked God at least the elevator worked. You spotted a guy in a navy hoodie, one hand stuffed in his jeans pocket while the other held open the door for you. He laughed slightly. "Just in time."

"Thanks," you exhaled as you dropped your bags, about to punch the floor number when you noticed it was already punched. You looked back at him and blinked. "Do I know you?"

"I'm afraid so," the guy replied with a jokingly pitiful smile. "We both know Kihyun. Unfortunate, right? I'm Wonho."

Oh. So he was that guy Kihyun was always with. Now that you thought about it, you remembered him a lot clearer. "O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter