chapter 7

Love & Valor

After dinner

 

Jongkook is focusing on the road. He is on his way to jihyo's apartment. As he promise to gary earlier, he send her home. Actually jongki insist on sending jihyo but jongkook refuse to allow him. “i'm sorry jongki-shi. I already promise gary-shi that I will be the one who send her. So I think it is only right if I do it myself”. With that, jongkook and jihyo depart from the restaurant leaving jongki alone there. As he is focusing on the driving. He notice jihyo has been quiet. Too quiet. Not a single word come from . Jongkook took a glance at her once in while, making sure she is okay. He saw her in her black long coat, sitting at the passenger seat beside him. She look so beautiful when then dim light hit her face. She didn't look at him back though. She is looking at the window, not in the mood to talk. Jongkook know jihyo is still upset with gary for leaving her. Ever since gary left, jihyo is not in the mood anymore. She just seat at her chair quietly with a long face. She didn't bother to join any of the conversation. She didn't even finish her food, suddenly feeling lost of appetite for not having her boyfriend with her. She just want to go home, not wanting to be there anymore.

 

Jongkook feel like the ride home is awkward. Too awkward for him. He decide to break the tension a bit. “are you still mad at him?” jongkook try to speak up slowly, hoping for a reply from jihyo. To his disappointment she didn't. She is still looking out the window. Not even bother to look at him. “jihyo-ah?” he try again. “yes” it work this time. She reply him, but she didn't look at him. She just shift her eyes to look to the front. But jongkook it still satisfied. At least he manage to get her attention. He smile over the small victory. “are still mad at him?” he continue to ask again “i don't know” she reply him with her eyes looking down. “i don't know oppa. i'm not mad at him. It just, i'm disappointed. How can he just leave like that” she said while her eyes still looking down. “so what you're gonna do? Break up with him?” jihyo jolt her head. She is shock with what she hear. She didn't expect to hear that from him. She give him a sharp gaze. She is angry. “what are talking about oppa? I'm just a little upset. I'm not gonna break up with. I love him!!” she talk in high tone. Showing jongkook she is really angry at for making such comment. For a moment she forget that she is still upset with gary. Jongkook chuckle hearing her. He look at her again. Anger is still apparent in her eyes. “that's what i'm talking about. You love him and I know for fact that he love you too” jongkook speak up. Jihyo look at him confuse. “so what your point then?” she ask jongkook when she didn't get what he is trying to say. “what i'm saying is, it's okay if you mad or upset with him, but don't take too much time before you can forgive him. Besides he's not going something bad jihyo-ah. He just doing his job. I know you would do the same thing if you're in his place” jihyo silent herself after hearing him. She know he is right. Gary is just doing his responsibility. Of course she don't like it when he pull the stunt, but it is still not wrong of him. It's his work. Jihyo smile after a while. The upset mood disappear. She begin to miss her beloved boyfriend. Seeing her smile, jongkook felt relieve. At least she is better now. Not too moody like before.

 

They arrive under the apartment. “kumawo oppa for sending me home and thank you for your advice oppa” jihyo said to jongkook smiling to him. Jongkook smile back at her “aniya. Its nothing. Not like this is the first time I give you any advice right?” jongkook reply her with smiling. Jihyo just nod. Its true. This is not the first time. Ever since college, he will always be there for her every time she need it. Sometime she doesn't even need to ask, he will be there by himself ready to comfort her. He is a friend that she can count on. She appreciate having him as her oppa.“i'll get going now oppa. drive safely okay” jihyo then left the car and walk into the elevator. Jongkook never left his eye from her until she is out of his sight. Once she is completely gone. He give a long sigh. “good job joogkook-ah, you just send her futher away into another man's arm” he thought to himself. Jongkook has always have feeling for jihyo. Ever since the first time he meet her at the law school, he has been always fond toward her. It is like love at first sight for him. But he never confess his true feeling to her. He just keep it to himself. Even though he is a respectable senior in the college, he is never confident enough to confess his feeling to jihyo. Especially when there are too many handsome guys asking her out. Jihyo went out with some of them though, but it never last long. Those guy just want to be with her because she is exceptionally beautiful. She has a face of an angle. They didn't bother about the real hear. They only care about her appearance. That's why jihyo can't stand any of them and eventually broke-up with them. And every time she did, she will turn to jongkook complaining about those lousy boyfriend she had. And jongkook will welcome her with open heart to comfort her. But never go beyond than that. Jongkook never once try to confess her. He always scold himself for not having any courage to confess to her. Until she decide to work at the RM Lawfirm when she graduated, jongkook thought he might finally get his chance with her, to be her boyfriend. But to his disappointment, gary come along when they were handling the L Comm lawsuit. At first he taught gary is just like those other guys, who just captivated by her beauty. But turn out he is totally different from them. Gary never once make a move on her. Even though he always look at her. Jongkook know gary has feeling for her. But he never act on it. He never thought of actually dating her. It is just like a crush to him. In fact it is jihyo who is the one who ask him out. To jongkook surprised, gary reject jihyo's first request to go on a date. He remember when jihyo come to him and tell him about how gary reject her. At first jongkook is happy to hear the news, but when he see how sad she is, he can't help himself from helping her out. He still remember her word in when she cry at the time. “am just attracting some lousy guys oppa? am I not suitable for a real nice guy? a real love?” jongkook can't stand to see her like that. It break his heart to see her like that. He want her to be happy. On the next day, he went to meet gary personally. He convince him to at least go on one date with her. At first gary seem reluctant. Not like gary don't like her at that time. But gary said he has his reason for rejecting her, which jongkook still don't know about even until now. But after a long convincing, gary finally agree. Gary went to her and ask her to go for a date himself. He tell jihyo the only reason he reject at first because he want to be the one who ask her out. He said a beautiful girl like her shouldn't make the first move. It should be guy who did it. Jihyo laugh hearing his reason. It seem like total bull, but she agree for the date anyway. Turn out that one date become the first of so many-many dates for them. They are happy to have each other now. Jongkook sigh at the memory “it's no use to regret anymore jongkook-ah. It's all over. They are happy now”. Jongkook shake his head to dismiss the thought. He then drive away living the apartment.

 

 

1:45 am

 

Somewhere around outskirt of Seoul

 

Gary and his team are on ground behind thick bushes. They are at the middle of the woods. Their cars are park far from where they are now. The are sitting tight in the dark not making any sound. All of them are wearing night vision goggle with full loaded weapon in their hand. About fifty meters in front of them, there is a small house. It is a single story wooden house. In front of the house, there is a small green truck. They have been watching the house for almost an hour now. Waiting to see if there is any movement. So far, they saw nothing. So they just sit there quietly waiting in the bush, waiting to make a move. It is too quiet that they can hear crickets making sound around them. “ok, we're go in now” gary whisper through intercom. All of them except jungchi get out of the bush slowly without making any sound. Jungchi stay there to watch their back through a scope attached to his sniper rifle. Gary and the rest of them take a slow steps, one step at a time trying to be quiet as possible. They are heading toward the house. Gaeko is in the lead while holding his m4 rifle pointing it to the house. After a while, they reach to the front door. Gary give a hand gesture to gaeko to open the door slowly. Once he open it, the rest of them enter the house quietly. They reach the living room. No one is there. They can see a simple living room. There is only a small tv and a chair. There aren't any other furniture in it. Gary then use his hand, giving signal for the other to check each room. While gil and simonD check the main room. Gary and choiza head toward the near the kitchen. The other two just stay at the living room watching their back, protecting them from behind.

 

Upon reaching the room, gary turn the knob slowly. He then push it to allow himself and choiza to enter it. They scan the room carefully. Gary saw a small box with red light beeping on it. He look at the box carefully. Few seconds later, the light stop beeping and a buzzing sound come out from the box. Gary immediately know what it is “!! It's a trap!! Get out off here!!!” he yell out at the top of his lung to warn the team, rushing for them to run away. All of them rush to get out of the house. They run with all their might through the living room and head to the front door. Gary and choiza are the last to come out. Just as he is few steps away from the house, gary hear a big blast. BOMM!!!. All of sudden, Gary feel like his leg is lifted from the ground and feel like he receive a big hit on his back. Its like being hit by a truck. The hit push him few meters away from where he was standing. He was thrown away and his body fly in the air for a while before it hit the ground hard. Gary grown in pain. “urgh!!”. He hear a loud ringing coming out from his ear due to the strong blast. He feel a huge headache from the impact when his head hit the ground. Gary roll his body to make him lie on his back. He touch his head with his hands to stop the pain and the ringing sound. After a while, he manage to get himself up. He turn his head to look around for his team. All of them or on the same state like him. They all on the ground. He see jungchi ran toward jungin to make sure his wife is okay. He is still holding his long rifle though. Gary then call out for the rest to make sure they are all okay “are you guys okay?” “i'm okay..urgh!!” gil speak up followed by a grunt to withstand the pain. Gaeko and SimonD also give same the respond. “choiza, are you okay?” gary ask when he didn't hear from him. “Choiza?!!” gary call louder. Still no respond from him. Gary then saw choiza lying on the ground few meters away from him. He crawl to his friend slowly. His face is facing the ground and his body is not moving. Upon reaching him, gary give him a light tap on his shoulder, to wake him up. Still no respond. He then pull his friend's body to look at his face. There he is, his face all dark red covered with blood with eyes closed tightly. “choiza? Wake up” gary speak up as he see his friend condition. He suddenly feel afraid when he look at him. He fear for the worst. He put two finger at his neck, checking for any pulse. Nothing. There is no pulse. “Choiza wake up!!” he scream to call wake him up. The rest of the team come to them. They are shock to see what happen. Gary then lie his friend's body on the hard ground and start pumping his chest repeatedly. After countless time of pumping his chest, he bring his mouth to his friend's mouth and give a big blow into his mouth. He repeat the same action again for one more time. Seeing that choiza still not waking up, gary repeat pumping his chest again. He keep shouting his name as he try to safe him. The rest of them just stand there helpless. They know choiza is no longer with them anymore. They know he is never going to come back again. But gary isn't willing to give up yet. Seeing gary pumping the dead body non-stop, gil call out for gary stop “gary-ah..he's gone”. Gary ignore the voice. He keep on doing the CPR. His eyes is on tears. Gil walk slowly to him pull him off the dead body. He hug gary to calm him down. Gary cannot believe this. His friend is dead. His friend who he known for years is dead. His friend who been protecting them when there were in danger is no longer with them. He curse is in heart hoping this all just only a bad dream. But he can't wake up from it. The more he try not believe what just happen. The more tears come out from his eyes. He cannot believe what just happen.

 

SimonD make a phone call out for back up. He report of what just happen, while of them rest of them just sitting on the ground with their friend's body. They just sit there in silent. They look at choiza's lifeless body while tears start to coming out from their eyes. They don't know what else to do. They didn't expect this will happen. They didn't expect this mission would lead to a tragic farewell. After one hour of waiting, the help come. L Comm sent about twenty men to investigate the location. After sending off choiza's body into a van. The rest of them stay at the site to look for any clue themselves. They want to find who did this. They want to take revenge. They won't let their friend die in vain. Gil and gary walk around the blown house. It is totally destroyed. While looking around, gary found the small box from earlier. He pass it to gil. Gil scan of what is left of the bomb carefully. While gil took his time scanning the bomb, gary suddenly speak up. “i'm gonna find this guy. And i'm gonna kill him” his voice is full of hatred and anger. gil doesn't like what he just hear. Clearly gary is not in best condition to be here right now. He is too affected by choiza's death. Gil thought might need some rest. “gary-ah why don't you go home for while. Take some rest. Let me take care of this” gil said slowly to gary. “what?!!” gary speak up raising his voice. He don't like what he hear. Gil know gary is angry. He know what his friend want to stay. He want to revenge over his friend's death. Gil also feel the same way. But they cannot let their emotion took away their judgment. “gary-ah go home. Calm down you self a little bit. I know you're angry..” before gil can finish his sentence, gary cut him off “calm down? Are ing kidding me right now. My man just die gil. My man just ing die!!! and you want me to calm down!!!” gary yell to his friend. Gil who can't take all the yelling start to yell back. “i know god damn it!! he's my man too!! he's not just your man. He is my man too and he is my friend. And I fail him!! I let him die” gary went silent. He doesn't know what else to say. He realize he is not the only one who is sad by choiza's death. Everyone in the team are. Seeing that gary is all quiet, gil speak up to him again “look gary, I want you to think carefully now” gary frown upon hearing him. Gil continue his sentence “this is clearly a trap. Someone want one of us to be dead. But we don't know which of one us. It might be you, me, gaeko or the others.” “so? I'm not afraid. Let them come to me. I'll kill them one by one” gary speak up. Clearly he is not afraid being marked by their enemy. He can't wait to put his hand on them. He to make them suffer for what they did to his friend. Gil sigh at gary for not understanding what he mean. He continue again “listen. If you're marked, there is high chance they already know who you really are. They will do everything they can to get to you..” gil pause himself unable to say what his gonna say himself. its too hard for him to utter the words. “you mean jihyo?” gary finish his friend's sentence after he finally able understand what he is going to say. His face is pale now. He is worried if anything might happen to her. “yes. go home now and check on her. Make sure she is safe” gary rush himself to his car before gil can finish talking. He scold himself for not realizing it earlier. Gil is right. If he the one who being marked. That mean jihyo might be in danger. His enemy will do anything in order to get to him. They might even use jihyo as bait to get to him. He can't let that happen. He has to protect her. He need to go home now. He need to make sure she is safe. He speed up his car while gripping tight to the steering wheel. He didn't bother about the speed limit. All he know now is, he must get home as soon as possible.

 

 

5:15 am

 

mongae apartment

 

Gary burst in walking through the front door. He went straight into the house. He has only one thing in mind right now. He need to see her. He need to make sure she is safe. Gary walk himself into the leaving room. There are no sign of her. Feeling restless, he rush himself into the bedroom. There she is, he saw her in the bed sleeping covered in duvet. Unable to control himself, he went to her sleeping figure and pull the duvet off her. Jihyo wake up out of shock. She thought someone is about to attack her. She feel like punching that person on the face. “yah!!..what are you doing!!” before she can protect herself. She feel a pair of hands wraped around her. She then feel her body being pulled for a hug. “jihyo-yah thank god you're here. Thank god you're safe” she hear someone talk to her while crying. She know immediately it is her boyfriend. She is confuse when she hear him crying. She push him a little to look at him. “oppa? What happen? What's wrong? Why are you crying oppa” she ask in very worried voice. Jihyo feel worry when she saw gary's eyes in tears while his face and cloth are all covered with dirt. It seems like he's been rolling on the ground. “what happen oppa? Are you okay?” she ask him again softly. Gary didn't answer her. He just pull her back in for another hug. He buried his face at the crook of her neck. Jihyo rub his back slowly to calm him down. The upset feeling she had for him earlier immediately gone away and replace by worry, caring and loving for him when she see him in this state. She start being a caring attentive girlfriend again. She broke the hug slowly. She look at him in the eye. She know something is bothering him right now “are you okay now?” she ask to him slowly. Gary didn't say anything. He just nod his head slowly. Jihyo give him a weak smile. She know he is still not okay. She know he just nod his head to stop making her worry. She get up from the bed with her hand, she pull him to the kitchen. They walk slowly. Gary follow behind her. Once arrived at the kitchen, she pull a chair for gary to seat on. She give him a glass of water. She just look carefully at him while he gulp the water. She begin to wonder what happened to him. She then pull him back to their bedroom and went into the bathroom. She take a small wet towel and start clean him up slowly. She start with his face. After his face is clean. She remove his cloth. She begin to wipe his body slowly while she keep wondering what happen to her boyfriend. After finish cleaning him, she bring him to the bedroom. She prepare clean cloth for him to change into. She then make him seat on the bed and she herself take a seat in front of him. She look at him attentively. Gary can see jihyo is worry about him. He just hold her hand to assure her it is nothing. Jihyo caress gary's cheek slowly. “oppa, want to tell me what happen?” jihyo ask him slowly. Gary stutter while he speak. He is battling in his mind of what to tell her. He can't just tell hear what really happen two hours ago. She wouldn't believe him anyway. So he lie to her. “it's nothing honey. It just gil and I went to a bar for a drink after we finish with our work. But then we get into a bar fight. After that I realize that I messed up. I shouldn't leave you at the restaurant like that. I'm afraid you're gonna leave me. I was so worry that I'm gonna loss you so I went home in a rush to look for you. I'm sorry to make you worry” he try to smile to her, hoping that she would believe what he just say. Jihyo just nod at him. She then give a hug him. Tear start to come from her eyes. She know he is lying. But she decide to let it go for now. She know something is bothering him and he's not ready to talk to her yet. She decide to wait for him to be ready and tell her.“i love you oppa. i'm not going anywhere. Promise me you won't leave me too okay?” jihyo whisper into his ear slowly. “i love you too jihyo-ah. I swear won't leave you. I promise you I will always be here to protect you”. Gary then lie jihyo on the bed while he himself lie beside her. They didn''t sleep. The look into each other eyes until sun come up to start another day..

 

to be continue...

 

 

i hope you guys like this chapter too..i'm sorry if this chapter didn't live up to your expectation..i didn't double check the writting since i'm too tired for not getting much sleep..anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter too..