chapter 28

Love & Valor

 

Jihyo glances at the mirror, looking at the reflection of herself, making sure she looks good, looks perfect. She is sitting at her make up table, getting ready. She’s excited for tonight. Jihyo touch her alluring lips with her favourite lipstick, redden them even more. She mumps her lips together, making sure the lipstick all even. She then sprays a little bit of her perfume on her, making sure she smells good too. Feeling satisfied with her looks, she gets off from the stool she was seating on. She went to the living room to kill sometime. She glances at the clock hanging at the wall of her leaving room. It’s 8 o’clock. Still early. Jihyo smile sheepishly as she notices how early she is. She knows she’s too excited for the date tonight.

Teng!!...

Her house intercom buzz, telling someone is at downstairs. Jihyo walks herself to the intercom to check on it. “who is it?” jihyo ask wanting to know who it is. She sure hope it’s him though. “it’s me…”. Sure enough, she was right, it’s him. He’s already here. It’s kinda early but jihyo didn’t mind though. Jihyo press the button to unlock the front door, inviting him to come into her building. She waits patiently for him to come upstairs, to reach her floor. Unknowingly, she becomet nervous all of the sudden. Maybe because she’s too excited about tonight and hoping so much it went well. Not long after the nervous wait, her door bell ring. Jihyo open the door slowly, pulling the door open with her sweaty palm. There he is, standing in front of her with his clean cut short hair and black jacket on him. Jihyo can see he froze as he looks at her. She swears she saw him swallow his own saliva hard as he looks at her, admiring her beauty. And her black of shoulder black dress isn’t helping him to cover it up from getting caught by her. Jihyo smiles shyly, knowing how happy he is to see her. “hi…” her soft voice wakes him up, from staring at her for too long. Jihyo didn’t mind the stare from though. That’s the point having this date right. “hi…” gary reply the greet softly. From his voice, jihyo knows how excited he is to see her “you look beautiful tonight”. Jihyo blush at the complement, feeling happy. “kumawo. You don’t look so bad yourself” jihyo said sweetly to him making his smile wider. “so…are you ready to go?” gary ask the beautiful angel in front of him. She nods to his question. Jihyo put on her black jacket to cover her long dress. They both went out to his car ready to start their night together.

 

Jihyo frown as she notices her surroundings. She feels disappointed at gary. She feels like gary is not that into her. She feels she was the only one that excited for this date, but not him. Usually, when she had a date with someone, especially for the first date, the guy will bring her to some kind of fancy and romantic restaurant, to show how much he like her. But this time, this guy is doing the totally the opposite though. Gary bring her to a streets stalls, buying streets foods for their first date. Jihyo feels kind of regret for putting too much effort earlier. She feels like she’s wasting her time, wearing her fancy dress just to have a date on the streets. She just follows him quietly, walking along the busy streets market, fills with people. Some of them are alone, some of them are with their family. She just him as gary stop few time to buy some snack, for them to eat later. Jihyo didn’t say a word to gary. After having a handful of street snacks in his hand, gary bring jihyo to seat on a bench, near a park not far from the market earlier. There are some kids playing with their friends and family there too. So the park is not all quiet. Gary munch the food he buys earlier, while jihyo seat there quietly, barely touching the foods. Gary notices that. “you don’t like it here?” gary ask jihyo as he notices she is a little off, seems like she not enjoying herself with him. “aniya…it’s nothing” jihyo reply to him short and shift her eyes to look elsewhere, trying to avoid his gaze. She didn’t want to say anything to him Gary smile smiles at her. He brings his hand to hold hers. Jihyo look at him as he holds onto her hand thight. “I like you jihyo. I really do” he said softly at jihyo. Jihyo look at him, but didn’t say a word. “I know you think I’m not putting out, that I’m not interested in you. But the only reason I bring you here is because I want to get to know you and I want you to know me. I want us to be able talk freely. And those fancy restaurants will only make us awkward with each other. We will hide our awkwardness playing with the fork and knife. I rather be here talking to you freely than us being awkward with each other” jihyo smile at his word, finally realizing what he said is true. She had been in countless time of dates, and she can tell how many of those dates make her feels awkward. So awkward that she ends up eating quietly while trying to avoid the guy’s eyes. But being here tonight, she can be free. Be her true self with him. This kanggary sure is different from other guys. That night, they talk about each other a lot, getting to know about each other. She gets to know that he was an orphan. She feels sorry for him, but at same time, admire him. She admires him for able to find success even after suffering those hard lives. She too told him about her childhood, about her dream and hopes in life. “tonight wasn’t so bad after all” jihyo thought to herself as she listens to gary’s story. She laughs heartily once in while at his joke. In spite that calm appearance, he sure is idiotic sometimes. Jihyo enjoyed their first date so much.

 

“Argh!!!...kanggary!!!”

Jihyo whined as she saw gary’s bike speeding up, leaving her behind. She can see him laughing hard, teasing her for beating her at the race. There at Han river enjoying their second date. Gary decides to ask her to enjoy the lovely evening at the park, near the hand river. They rent bikes and start racing with each other happily. Jihyo protest when she lost to him. “that’s not fair…I was not ready” jihyo complain nonstop as her hand keep on smacking gary’s back repeatedly. Gary winched in pain yet he laughs uncontrollably, amused by her cuteness. Jihyo keeps on complaining to him, not allowing him to explain himself. Yet those complain just make gary smile. He loves to see her like that. He loves o see the real her, the easy going songjihyo. As she’s keep on talking and complaining, gary pull jihyo towards him, finding her lips with his. Jihyo froze from her whining as she feels his rough lips on her soft lips. She’s shock at first, but later, she begins to reciprocate the kiss back, munching his lips with hers. Their arm wraps around each other as they deepen the kiss. It’s their first kiss. And the enjoyed the kiss so much. They prolonged the kiss, letting their tongue to take over the kiss, fighting for dominance. After the long kiss, their lips break apart. Their arms still wrapping each other though, not letting go. Gary land his forehead on jihyo’s while their nose nozzle on each other. The looks into each other eyes deep as they try to catch their breath, gasping for air from the long kiss. “I’m in love with you songjihyo”. Gary whisper to her as their eyes continue to meet. Jihyo cheeks redden as she hears those word from gary. He just confesses to her. “I love you to kanggary”. Jihyo reply shyly to him. Both blushing hard. “oppa…you have to call me oppa now” gary said smiling widely at her. “neh oppa…saranghae”.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jihyo’s body tremble as she recalls her time with gary. She’s sobbing hard. Tears flow from eyes wetting gary’s shirt in her hand. That shirt has been companying her since he left. Every night she holds on to that shirt until she fallen to sleep. She misses him so much. Jihyo can feels her body shaking. She brings her hand to touch on her lips. She feels like she’s cheating on gary. She suddenly feels afraid “oppa…please keep back…please…I need you”. Jihyo begs in her tears. She needs him by his side now. As she cries her eyes out, she remembers what happen earlier.

 

Jihyo pulls her lips away. She blinks repeatedly, shock for suddenly realizing what happen. Jongkook try to hold her again but she pushes him away. “oppa…I cannot do this”. “jihyo…please. Just be with me” jongkook beg for her, hoping she will accept his heart.  “I can’t oppa…I’m sorry”. Jongkook feels his heart broken, crushed into pieces, for turned down by the woman he loves. “he’s not coming back jihyo-ah. You have to accept that”. “Stop it kimjongkook!!!” jihyo cut him off. She hates to hear that. She doesn’t need to hear that. “I’m sorry oppa. I really care about you. Hurting you is the last thing I want to do. But I love him. I don’t care what you or anybody else say, I love him. I doesn’t matter if he’s going to come back or not because I love him. And that’s the only thing that matter to me. I love him and I won’t betray my love for him. I’m sorry oppa”. Tears flow on her soft cheeks as she expresses her love for gary to jongkook. Her body trembles from the hard sobbing. Jihyo turn herself as she walks into her building, leaving jongkook alone. “jihyo-ah!!...please” jongkook calls on her, but jihyo just ignore him. She walks away from him while her eyes still crying.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Tokyo

BATS HQ

 

Kimdongjun run himself toward his superior office. He has document in his hand that he need to show to his superior urgently. He’s afraid to tell his superior about the news. Sunghoon has been in good mood recently, for having his business went smoothly without any big disturbance from NIS. NIS seems really handicapped now without their best agent. After the short run, dongjun reaches to his superior office. He knocks on the door, asking permission to go in. “come in…” Sunghoon voice can be heard from inside, asking dongjun to enter the room. Dongjun saw his superior eyes is still fixes to his computer. He seems busy. “what is it Dongjun?” Sunghoon ask as he saw the younger man just stand still there quietly. “I’m sorry to disturb you sir, but I just receive this from our intel division” Dongjun speak up, as he gives the documents to his superior. His hand is slightly shaking. Sunghoon look into the documents that Dongjun give to him. His eyes widened, shock to what he just sees. The documents showing picture of a man in black jacket and black snapback on his head getting into a cab. It was taken by streets CCTV. As if knowing what in his superior mind, Dongjun speak up. “this was taken last night sir, He is still alive”. “what!!...how is that possible…get jongki to me now!!!” Sunghoon yells to his secretary, totally fuming at the news he just receives. The man he wants so much to be dead seems to be very much alive now. He can’t accept that.

 

To be continue…

 

 

Hi guys…it’s me again…I just finish my exam…so having a little bit of free time…so I decide to keep this story going…what do you guys think though…I think my writing getting kinda since stopping for too long…keep supporting this story though…