chapter 31

Love & Valor

Jihyo open her eyes heavily, waking up from her long nap, out of tiredness. She yawns a little as she notices her surrounding is moving. Took her a while for her to notice that she is in a car. She glances at the back seat, looking at her bag. She didn’t bring much though. No, there only few shirt and jeans in it. No make-up, no fancy dress, no heels, nothing. She was told that they will be on the run. She could only bring few necessities to ease up their movement. Heck, she didn’t even bring her self-phone. She remembers how Gary took her phone and turn it off, before tossing the little thing on the sofa “I’m sorry but they can track us with this” those are his words. Jihyo just nod to him, agreeing to whatever he said. Jihyo sigh as she recalls what happen few hours ago.

 

“where are we going oppa?” jihyo asks gary worriedly. Yet there is no respond from him. He just shoves her into the passenger seat. Jihyo doesn’t know where will they be going. Gary just told her to bring few of her cloths and follow him. She scared to death. After seeing gary shot her attacker to death, she knows her life is in danger. Yet she is clueless of what’s really going on. Seeing no respond from gary, jihyo get a little frustrated. She tries to ask him again “oppa…”. “just buckle up…!!!” gary cut her words, slightly raising his voice at her. His voice is so serious making jihyo scare. She knows things are really bad now. She shut from asking him again. She never sees him like this before. Jihyo begin to wonder what really happen. She can feel how serious is the situation right now. Her heart pounding nervously.

Just as they about to drove away from the apartment, two cars suddenly stop in front of them, blocking their way. Gary press the brake pedal hardly, making jihyo shock for the sudden stop. Jihyo can see three man and a woman get off from the two cars. Each one of them a holding a gun, pointing their gun to them, well they’re actually pointing them to gary. Jihyo begin to sweat from her nervousness. She’s scared to death. She does the only thing she can do, reach for gary, to find comfort in him. “Oh my god, please save us” She prays in her heart for god to save them. “kang gary. get out of the car!!!” one of the men shout out loud to them with his gun aiming at Gary. Jihyo can see gary grip his gun tight. Yet he’s still waiting inside the car, not making any move. “Agent gary, get out of the ing car now!!!”. Gary begin to open the door, ready to face the intruders. “oppa…” jihyo exclaimed in fear, shocked to see gary suddenly get out of the car. Seeing all the gun pointing at gary, jihyo fear for the worst. She’s worry about him. “Just stay in the car” gary calmly said to jihyo as he the gun in his hand. He then shifts his attention to their intruder with his gun pointing at them. “you know you have to shot me if you want to stop me right?” gary said calmly. Just then jihyo remember them. She remembers she meet them at one of gary’s friend funeral, Choiza. But jihyo didn’t get it though, why would they want to attack Gary. She feels so confuse right now. The more she tries to comprehend the situation, the more confuse she got. “we have orders to bring you in Sir” SimonD said to gary, hoping gary will agree to come in without any protest. He would hate himself if he has to shot his hyung. “I know” gary said to them, yet his gun still pointing at them. He understands their orders. He knows they don’t have much of a choice except to follow Sukjin’s order. But he doesn’t have a choice. He needs to protect jihyo “I don’t care anymore…I need to protect her”. “hyung…please. Just come with us. We’ll protect her for you hyung” SimonD try again to persuade gary. Their guns are still at him though, fearing if he makes some unexpected move. Gary smirks at his word “how? How would you protect her exactly? Gil already in the hospital. So tell me how would you suggest to protect her”. Jihyo’s hear each and every single one of gary’s word “gil is in a hospital?” jihyo got shock upon hearing that. “Why? What exactly happen?” she got more confuse upon hearing him. “if you 100% sure nothing will happen to her, I’ll stop this. If not, just get the out of my way”. SimonD lost of words. He knows there’s no way they can sure, especially after seeing what happen to Gil. “if you want to go, you should hurry…” Gaeko suddenly interrupt.

“Gaeko??!!!” jungchi and jungin said in unison, shock to hear his suggestion. They’re supposed to bring Gary in. Gaeko let out a heavy sigh “Gary hyung is right…he is the best chance for her to be safe” he loosens his weapon from gary. “And what do you suggest we tell to sukjin” SimonD in again, wanting to make things clear. “just tell him anything. We cover for gary hyung. We’re a team right? So that what we should do” Gaeko said to all of them. After a while of thinking, SimonD drop his gun from gary, they all did “just go hyung…we’ll cover up for you”. “kumawo guys” Gary then rush himself to get into the car and drove away from the scene.

 

And now, here they are, on the road, in the middle of nowhere. Jihyo glances to the man beside her. He is all quiet. Not a single word come out from his mouth. Jihyo can see how tense Gary is. She knows a lot is going through his mind right now. Even if she’s not fully understand the situation, jihyo know Gary is worry about her, about Gil and lots of other thing. She reaches out her hand to touch gary’s shoulder, trying to calm him down. “are you okay oppa?” jihyo ask him softly. Even though she knows he’s not okay, she just asks him, to ease him up. “oh jihyo-ah, you’re awake?” gary ask, a little shocked from jihyo’s voice. He thought she was still sleeping. He has a lot in his mind he didn’t realise she woke up just now. Jihyo let out a heavy smile. She knows how hard things are for him. “where are we going oppa?” jihyo ask him as she reach for his hand. “we’re going to a safe house. You’re going to be safe there” gary answer her while his eyes still focus on the road. He pulls his hand away slightly from jihyo. Gary reminds himself that she’s no longer belong to him. She’s with jongkook now. The scene of them kissing still fresh in his mind. It pains his heart but he has accepted it though. That’s the price he has to pay for leaving her. Jihyo on the other hand is a bit confuse with gary act though, but she just let it slide. She just thought he might be tired or still too worried about the situation that going on. She can see how tense he is. So she decides to let it go. “For what it worth, I glad you’re here oppa”.

 

After hours of long drive, they come to a stop. “we’re here” gary simply stated as he changes his attention to jihyo. Jihyo stretch her body a bit, tired from sitting in the car for such long hours. Her eyes scan the surrounding as she gets off the car. It’s all dark, like they’re in the middle of the wood. She saw nothing except for a two story house right in front of them. “where are we oppa?” she asks in her Mong state. “it’s a safe house…don’t worry. You’ll be safe here”. Gary said to her as she leads her into the house, while carrying their stuffs along with them. Gary switch on the light as soon as they’re inside the house. Jihyo scans the living room. It’s not that homey, but she guests this will do to give them some shelter, to make sure they’re safe. The house doesn’t have much furniture and the one they have is a very old already. There dust in most part of the house. By the look of this place, jihyo could guest it’s been a while since gary been here. Jihyo begin to roam around the house while gary get busy with a computer at the corner of the house. Jihyo scans the house carefully until she saw an old picture hanging on the wall. It’s a portrait of a family of four. In the picture, the mother is holding a baby, about one-year-old. Jihyo brings her hand to touch the picture of the mother and baby. Jihyo frown as she feels familiar to the image of the baby. “come, I’ll show you to your room”. Gary’s voice wake’s jihyo from his thought. Jihyo follow along gary’s step to the second floor. “I already set the perimeter alarm system. So we should know if people coming. And don’t worry about food though. I already stock this place with food and water that could hold us for a year. There also a tv you can watch in case you get bored”. Gary explain to jihyo as they walk to the 2nd floor. Jihyo just nods to gary’s word. None of those give explanation to what’s in his mind. They come to a room. “here, I guest this would be comfy for you…”. “oppa…” jihyo cut gary’s word, making him stop talking. “what is this place? This is not just a safe house right?”. Gary look at her. He mumps his lips together as he let out a sigh. “this was my house. Before my parent and brother died”. Jihyo heart feels heavy as she heard that. “I thought you we’re from Jamsil”. “I was. But I was from here too. jamsil is the orphanage I was growing up. But before that. I was from here. After I join the NIS, I decided to use this house as a safe house, since no one really know about my background. Besides, I guess this house is the only thing left that can remind me of them”. Jihyo can only imagine how hard has life has been. It breaks her heart knowing the man she loves had gone through a lot. She wishes she could be there for him, to protect him. Jihyo hold on gary’s hand. She looks at him in the eye, lovingly. Lost at his loving gaze, she leans into him, to find his lips with hers. Just as she about to reach his lips, gary stop her “you should go to sleep now. I’ll be downstairs. Goodnight jihyo-ah”. Jihyo frowns at his sudden action. She feels like gary tries to distance himself from her. Reluctantly, jihyo enter her room. There’s a small bed inside it. She lands herself on the not so soft bed. She let out a heavy sigh as she lies on the bed. “what’s wrong with him? why did he distance himself from me?”. Jihyo feels uneasy as her mind battling to seeks for an answer.

 

Gary on the other hand curse at himself. “you have to let go gary-ah. you have to let go”. Gary remind himself she’s no longer belong to him. He hates it so much yet he has to accept that.

 

To be continue…

 

 

Hi guys…sorry for the super duper late of update. Sorry though, but I have been busy with traveling and everything. LOL. Anyway I might not be able to update as frequent as I’m doing a part time job now. But don’t worry, I’ll be sure to update when I have time…hope you enjoy this chapter though…