chapter 15

Love & Valor

8:00 pm

 

Mongae apartment

 

Jihyo is sitting on the fury carpet in their living room. She is wearing a white short t-shirt revealing her belly button and a pair of black hot pants. She has her laptop in front of her and her hands are busy kicking the keyboard buttons typing the words non stop. She is making a report for their new case. Once in a while she will change her attention to the paper and documents that are scattered on the floor as she refer to them. She is too focus she had been in that position for almost an hour. She was lacking behind her team due to the sweet vacation she had with her boyfriend. And it is not helping her out when she had to take care on Gary when he was hospitalized, but she didn't mind. For Jihyo, Gary is the only thing that matters to her and she wouldn't mind to spend all of her time for him. Its been three days since Gary been discharged from the hospital, and jihyo feel relieved that her boyfriend is really getting better. He is almost completely recover from the shot he had. She also feel happy to have her boyfriend at home. The company give him extra leave for him to rest. Feeling a little tired, jihyo change her gaze downward to the man who is resting his head on her laps. Jihyo's hot pants are too short that it make gary's head completely resting on her bare thigh. She can see Gary is focusing himself to his phone instead of watching the TV. Jihyo smile looking at him, feeling happy to have him accompanying her, even though he just minding his own business. She bring her right hand and touch his short hair, playing with it and caressing it slowly. Gary look up to look at her as he feel her hand caressing his head. “who is it oppa?” jihyo ask gary as she see him too focus with the phone before. “its Haha and kwangsoo. They ask me to go fishing with them tomorrow. Can I go?” Gary answer while asking for her permission to go. Jihyo smirk “since when do you guys know how to fish oppa? You can't even buy fish at the market properly oppa..” she laugh as she question her boyfriend teasingly. “yah!! we are not that incompetent you know. I can even catch a shark if I want to” gary reply wanting to correct her, trying boost his ego in front of her. Jihyo just laugh hearing Gary's nonsense. “arasso oppa. you can go. Just be careful okay. I want my competent man to come home safely” jihyo said him statistically. Gary pout hearing her. Seeing that, Jihyo bend her head down to land her lip on his pouting lips giving him a brief kiss. Gary smile at her action. Her lips feel so soft. Jihyo then focus her attention back to her work while gary focus himself with the phone for a while before continue watching the TV.

 

45 minutes later..

 

Gary's eyes are still fix on the TV. He is watching the TV while his head still resting on jihyo's lap. He is watching a romantic comedy series. He laugh once in a while enjoying the jokes. Jihyo smile hearing her boyfriend enjoying himself. She didn't look at him though, but she sure can hear him. She's happy listening to his lovable laughter. After a while the show end. Gary sigh his enjoyment after finishing the good show. He look up to see jihyo still focusing doing her work. He smile as he look at her. He admire her beauty. He begin to wonder how can he get this lucky, to have a beautiful angle like her to be with him. Unknowingly, his hand begin to snake onto jihyo's exposed belly. Jihyo can feel where his hand going. But she ignore it still focusing with her work. Gary run his finger on her y belly button, playing with it. Jihyo body begin to move with his touch. She try to withstand the tickling touch while her eyes still fixing on the laptop. She smile as she feel her boyfriend give her the sensual tickling. Gary love to see jihyo's body moved by his touch, so he continue to with his sensual touch while jihyo trying her best to ignore it. Unable to hold his teasing anymore, jihyo exhale a deep breath. She look down at him while smiling “oppa..i'm doing work here” she said to him while smiling, asking for him to stop. She is not mad though. She like it so much but she know she won't able to finish her work if Gary keep teasing her like that. Gary smile as he look at her in the eye. He know what she meant “do you want to rest for a while? You've been doing that for almost 2 hours” Gary ask her, wanting her to take a break for a while. “oppa. you know I can't tonight. I have to finish this” jihyo answer her boyfriend slowly. She thought gary is asking for . She don't want to offend him for declining his request. “i' not talking that jihyo-ah. i'm talking about food. I want you to have dinner with you” he said as he's correcting jihyo. He chuckle to know her thought. Gary really meant it. He really didn't thought about earlier. He just want to take care of his girlfriend. He doesn't want her to skip her meal. “oh. Sorry oppa. I thought you want to do something else before” jihyo smile sheepishly feeling embarrassed for misunderstood her boyfriend “but I'm not really hungry oppa” jihyo said trying to be stubborn. She really worried if can't finish her work on time. But her stomach beg the differ. Its already grumbling and Gary hear that. He know jihyo is already starving but refuse to rest herself. Disregard to whatever jihyo said, he get up from his position and enter their bedroom. Jihyo look at him with her signiture Mong face. She wonder where her boyfriend is going.

 

In the room, Gary put on his black sweater and take out jihyo's maroon sweater. He bring the sweater to the living room with him and pull jihyo to get up from the floor. “can you just listen to your boyfriend once in a while. I don't want you to get sick for skipping meal” He put on the sweater on his girlfriend body and zip it properly. Jihyo didn't fight back though, she just follow gary's lead. She smile at his caring side. She now he really concern about her. And she's happy for that. Once making sure it is all done, gary look at her in the eyes “lets go. Don't worry about the report. You still have a lot of time to finish it. Besides tomorrow is weekend. You can finish it by then” jihyo nod her head, agreeing to what gary said. Its true though. She only have to submit the report on Monday. Mean she has one whole day to finish it. Jihyo smile at gary and follow him to the front door to put on their sneaker before going out.

 

The couple decide to have a steamboat at a restaurant not too far from their building. So they decide to just walk there. They walk hand in hand while enjoying the fresh air of the night. The street is not too quiet though as they can see people walking home and some of the shops are still open. It is still early. After few minutes of walking, they reach the restaurant. They can see few costumer there but not too many of them. Some of them are enjoying their meal and some of them are still for their order. “anyeounghaseyo” a lady in her forties greet them. She is the owner of the steamboat restaurant. Gary and jihyo greet her back with a slight bow. “its been a while since the last time you guys come over” the owner said to them. She know the couple very well. They had come to her restaurant for few times. “come on in. have a seat” the owner said to them as she guide the couple to a table. “so you guys want the usual set?” the owner ask them as she already know what her costumer's usual are. “neh..but no soju tonight” jihyo answer the owner question with a sweet smile on her face. “no soju? Omo!!..are you pregnant?” the owner ask excitedly. Both gary and jihyo got shock upon hearing the question. Their eyes turn wide. Jihyo immediately shook her head while laugh awkwardly. “aniya aniya.. we just have to get up early tomorrow” she said try to correct the owner wrong assumption. “ah too bad..you guys will sure make a cute children. I can't wait to play with them” gary and jihyo just laugh awkwardly to the owner nonsense. They don't know how to reply her. So they just laugh. She then dismiss herself to prepare the food for the couple. “aish oppa, that was really embarasing” jihyo said to gary in slightly whining tone. Gary just smile at her “she is right though. Our child for sure will be so cute” gary said to jihyo as he reach out his hand to hold her's. Jihyo blush by his word. Of course she thought about it too sometime, but she never mention that to Gary. To hear the words coming from his own mouth, jihyo feel happy to know that Gary also have the same thought to have a future with her, to build a family together. She smile at the thought. After a while, their food arrive. Gary and jihyo enjoy their meal together happily, feeding each other. The owner just look at the couple enjoying their dinner. She feel happy to see them together. “they really are a match made from heaven” she thought to herself as her eyes never leave them. She hope the couple can be happy forever.

 

After the dinner, they begin to walk home together. As they were about to reach their building, gary make a different turn. He's heading to somewhere else, pulling jihyo's hand to follow him. “where are we going oppa?” jihyo ask confused. She wonder where is her boyfriend taking her. Gary didn't answer her though. He just keep on pulling her hand as he lead the way. Jihyo him. So she just follow him quietly. They reach a park near the Han river. Gary pull jihyo to seat on a bench facing the river. “its been a while since we got her. I just want to enjoy the view with you by my side” jihyo smile hearing him say that. She rest her head on gary's shoulder as they admire the view. They can see the view of the skylight across the river. And the presence of the full moon that night make the view even more magnificent. Jihyo smile as she enjoy the windy breeze touching her face, pushing some of hair to fall on her face. She bring her hand to brush the hair back. She feel happy to be there. “are you okay? Do you feel cold?” gary ask his girlfriend as he suddenly remember she is just wearing a hot pants, revealing most of her y milky legs. He is glad that no one else is there to witness his girlfriend y figure that night. He know he will be jealous and get over protective if he see someone else staring at his beautiful girlfriend. “i'm fine oppa. its not that cold”. Gary take off his sweater to cover her exposed legs, protecting it from the cold wind. Jihyo smile at her caring boyfriend's action. She pull gary to and cuddle into him. “kumawo oppa, for taking such good care for me. Gary smile hearing that. He give her a small kiss on her head while inhaling her beautiful scent. He love the smell so much. “jihyo-ah..” gary call her name softly. “hmmm..” jihyo respond to him with a soft murmur. Her eyes are still at the river, enjoying the view. “can I ask you something?” jihyo didn't say a word. But gary can feel her head nodding against his shoulder, so he continue to speak. “do you really love me for who I am?” gary ask carefully. His voice is full of caution “of course oppa. You know how much I love you” jihyo answer him while still resting her head on his shoulder. She didn't think much about his word. She just know that she love him so much “would you still love me if I'm doing different kind of job? What if i'm not just some kind of IT engineer who work at a huge company? ” gary ask again. His tone is still full of cautious. His heart is beating fast. He is unsure of what he is about to do. But he know he want to tell her of his real self. He don't want to keep it a secret from jihyo. He don't want to lie to her anymore. Jihyo frown at the question. She raised her head to look at him. She look at him in the eye to figure out what he is trying to say. But she can't figure it out. “what are trying to say oppa?” jihyo ask him in confuse voice. “ there is something i've been meaning to tell you jihyo-ah” jihyo frown. She just wait for gary to speak up, to continue his sentence. She don't why but her heart start beating faster, her palm start to sweat. She feel nervous unknowingly. Something is not right with his tone. “actually...” gary word cut off by jihyo's phone ring tone. Jihyo immediately take out her phone from her pocket and look at the caller ID. Its her mother. Jihyo immediately swipe her finger on the iphone screen to answer it. “hello omma..” she begin her conversation with her mother. Jihyo get up from the bench and walk a little bit further as she talk to her mother. Gary just look at her quietly. He inhale a deep breath trying to recall what he just did. He tried to tell her who he really is. He try to disclose all his secret to her. He sigh to himself for failing to do so.

 

After a while, jihyo finish her conversation with her mother. She walk back to the bench where gary is still sitting. She took a seat beside her boyfriend and give a long sigh. She has long face and gary know she is not in a good mood. Gary hold her hand to comfort her “what's wrong?” gary ask her wanting to know the reason. Jihyo look at gary and bring herself closer to him. She cuddle to him. She want to find comfort in her boyfriend embraces. Gary wrap his arm around jihyo pulling jihyo for a side hug. He is still waiting for jihyo to answer his question. “you know my omma. She keep on pushing me into someone else. You know she always tying to set me up with a guy. I can't stand it. I already have you oppa. And I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't want anyone else. Why can't she understand that” gary mum his lip together. He know jihyo's mom still can't really accept him, even though jihyo already try countless of time to convince her she already find someone she truly love. Its because he is an orphan. Not that he hate gary personally, but her mother is afraid that it will be too hard for her daughter to be involved with someone with a complicated history. But gary and jihyo didn't give up though, they go on and on convince jihyo's mother for her to give the blessing them. They know she will give in eventually. But they need to be very patient for it. They need to give her time. Besides the rest of the family are already love gary so much. Her father and both her brother and sister fall in love with Gary ever since the first time jihyo bring him to meet her family. Gary kiss jihyo's cheek to ease up her heart. “its okay honey. She just need time. We just have be patient. That's all. Whatever happen, i'm always gonna be here with you. We're gonna face this together. I promise you, she will give in eventually” gary said try to cheer jihyo up. “you promise?” jihyo said as she show her little finger, asking gary to make pinky promise with her. Gary chuckle to her cute action yet he did it anyway “i promise” he said as he entangle their finger together and seal jihyo's lips for a slow romantic kiss. They broke the kiss after a while. Jihyo feel much better. She know she has her boyfriend who will always be there for here. Go through the hard time together. “what did you want to tell me earlier oppa?” jihyo ask her boyfriend as she remember gary was about to tell her something earlier, before he got interrupted by the phone call. “aniya. Its nothing. I was thinking too much” gary said to her while smiling. He's feel that now its not the right time. He still need more time before he can tell her his secret. Jihyo just nod her head hearing his explanation. She didn't think much about it. They just rest themselves enjoying the beautiful view for a little while before they head themselves home.

 

 

Next day, 3:30 pm

 

Mongae apartment

 

Jihyo yawn as she stretch her arm to the air. She extend her back and crack her neck to loosen her stiff body. She just finish completing her work. She sigh in relieve for being able to complete the long report in time. She feel proud to herself. She look at the clock attached to the wall to know what time is it. Its been almost 5 hours since Gary left the house to go fishing with Haha and kwangsoo. “can they even catch anything” jihyo chuckle to her thought. She know the three of them weren't actually good at it, yet they do it just to have fun, spending their weekend together. Feeling bored, jihyo reach out for her phone and try to call gary, to check on him. Unfortunately she can't get through him. “they must be going to place that don't have any phone signal” she thought to herself while wondering by herself. She know they are going to a countryside. Gary told her yesterday. “ah whatever. Might as well find something to eat now” jihyo said to herself while get her body up from the floor and walk herself into the kitchen, to find something to eat. She look into the refrigerator to look for something she can have as a light snack. She see a bowl filled with red strawberries in it and take it out. Jihyo then walk herself again to the living room and land herself to rest on the sofa while busy munching the sweet fruits. She switch on the TV to kill some time. It's a drama program. Jihyo fix her eyes to the TV enjoying show. She love the happy and sad emotion she feel every time she watch that kind of show. Sometime she even cry herself out while watching it, but she love it. She love the feeling of it so much.

 

As she is enjoying her sweet time alone, resting by herself, her phone rang. She immediately reach for her it hoping its Gary who call her. She look a the caller ID. Its not him. Its an unknown number. Jihyo frown as she look at the number. She don't recognize it. She had never seen it before. She swipe her finger on the phone screen and place the phone on her left ear. “Hello” jihyo greet the caller politely. “hello. Can I speak to songjihyo-shi” jihyo hear a man voice on the phone. She frown. “yes this is she. Can I know who is speaking” jihyo ask cautiously as she did not recognize the voice. “my name is jisukjin. I work with your boyfriend, kanggary” “ah jisukjin-shi” she remember him now. She had meet him for few time before. But it was long time ago, about 9 months back, when she was handling the L Comm lawsuit. “do you want to speak to kanggary? I'm sorry but he is not home now” jihyo tell the caller assuming he want to talk to her boyfriend. “no. actually I want to talk to you. Can I meet you songjihyo shi? I need to talk to you in person” jihyo feel confuse hearing him. Why would he want to meet her. “neh?..you want to meet me? Its there something wrong?” jihyo ask in confuce voice. She want to make sure. “no no. there is nothing wrong. I just want to talk you about your boyfriend. That's all. Are you free now” jihyo hesitate for a while. She feel confuse why would her boyfriend's boss want to meet her. But eventually she give in “okay. But where do you want to meet me?” “Can you come to the J cafe, i'll be waiting for you there. You know where is it right?”. Jihyo frown, of course she know where that place is. Its one of her and Gary favorite places. They always spend their time there, enjoy their quiet date or buy breakfast before they went of to work. “okay i'll be there” jihyo hung up the phone after agreeing to meet sukjin. She feel weird about the call. She try to call gary first to ask him if he know about this. But she still can't reach him. Unwillingly, she walk herself to the bedroom to change her cloth, preparing herself for the sudden meeting. Her mind never stop from wondering the reason for the meeting.

 

 

5:00 pm

 

J cafe

 

Jihyo just reach in front of the cafe. She feel weird to see a man in black formal attire standing at the front door of the cafe, its like he is guarding the door. Jihyo walk to the cafe slowly. Upon reaching the door, the man greet her while opening the door for her “welcome songjihyo-shi. jikukjin-shi is already waiting for you inside” jihyo frown at his action. She just give him a awkward smile and walk herself into the coffee. Once inside, she feel even more weird. She feel uneasy. The atmosphere is not like usual. There is no one else except few man in similar attire with the man she meet outside of the cafe earlier. There are about five to six of them in total. They are standing quietly apart from each other. Jihyo saw the cafe workers smile awkwardly at her. She know them. She always greet them as she get her morning coffee there. They are seating behind the counter without doing anything. Well since there is no costumer, if course they have nothing to do. One of the man who is in the black attire walk to jihyo and gesture her to keep walking inside. Jihyo follow his instruction without any question, yet she feel really uncomfortable to be in the atmosphere. It is too awkward, to weird for her. She walk herself until she reach a table at the end of the cafe. She saw a man in his fifties sitting alone at the table. He is enjoying a cheesecake with a cup of coffee on the table. Sensing jihyo's present, the man raise his head to look at her and smile. Jihyo know who he is. She remember him. He is the CEO of L Comm. Its jisukjin, gary's boss. He greet jihyo with a smile. “hi songjihyo-shi. Please have a seat”. He said as he gesture jihyo to have a seat in front of him. His smile never leave his face. But the smile didn't manage to get rid of jihyo's uneasy feeling, yet she just follow his instruction. She just look at the man quietly “do you want anything? A cake or coffee perhaps?” Jihyo shook her head refusing his offer. Cautiously, she open to ask the reason for her being summon here. “can I know why you want to meet me here? And why is this cafe empty?” Sukjin smile at her “oh I just rent the entire cafe for myself for a while so I can have a private chat with you” jihyo frown. She feel confused. Who in the right mind would do that, renting a whole cafe so he can have his privacy. Is he crazy. But jihyo didn't tell him her thought. She just keep quiet. Sukjin know the woman in front of him is really uncomfortable. He try to ease her up. “don't worry songjihyo-shi. I assure you, I mean you no harm. I'm your boyfriend boss and i'm his friend. I just want to talk to you about him” that got jihyo attention. She look at sukjin in the eye as she hear the mention of her boyfriend “about kanggary?”. Sukjin nod his head. He look at jihyo intently. After a while sukjin begin to speak up “so tell me, what do you know about kanggary?”...

 

 

To be continue..

 

 

Hi guys..hope you enjoy this chapter..i will be out of the country starting next week for the whole week..so I might not able to update this story for a while..but I promise I will update the story as soon as I get back.. till the next chapter then..