chapter 34

Love & Valor

Hi…I don’t know what else to say except I’m sorry…I know is been about 9 months since my last update…and I’m not sure if anyone still remember this story…but anyway I just write this for my own satisfaction. And I know Gary already married and honest to God I’m happy for him and wish him the very best in hi married life…I initially thought of just giving up this story since there is no more Monday couple…but as time goes by and reread the story…I always wish I’ll came to the end of the story…I’m not making any promise though…I’ll just write this story if feel like it…hope whoever read this story enjoy it though…and feel free to revisit previous chapter if you need to…better yet…start all over again from the beginning…that’s what I always do though…lol

 

 

Jihyo walks herself down the stair as her eyes roaming aroung looking for Gary, only to find the rest of his team. There’s Gil sitting on a small couch while watching a television, SimonD with the computer, Jungin and Jungchi are at the kitchen, eating some snacks together. There’s no sign of her boyfriend though. She was taking a nap with her beloved boyfriend, cuddling with each other before, but only to wake up by herself. She frowned as she saw no sign of her beloved Gary. Jihyo land herself to take a sit beside Gil on the sofa, joining him in whatever he’s watching on the tv. “Oppa…” jihyo calls on Gil softly, wanting to get his attention. Gil shift his eyes from the tv to the woman sitting beside him. He let out a small smirk, knowing what she’s thinking about. “He is outside, checking the perimeter with Gaeko. Don’t worry. He’ll be back soon”. Jihyo nods to his word and reach out her hand to give a light massage on Gil’s shoulder. She knows Gil is still not fully recovered from his injury, yet he’s still here to help them. She’s glad to has him, always there to protect her and her boyfriend. Not long after that, the front door open, revealing Gary and Gaeko entering the house with their rifle slung over their shoulder. They just finish with their short patrol on the area. Upon seeing her man, jihyo immediately get off from where she was sitting to greet him. Gary accepted it with an open hug. “wow I just realize how lonely I am…” Gaeko blurt out a pathetic comment upon seeing the lovely couple, having the team laugh at his silly comment.

It's getting dark soon, so the team are having their dinner. It’s not that much though, just a few packs of ramen and boiled eggs. Still, it’s enough for them to continue their night there. They talk about each other while pigging the ramen together. Most of the talk are about the rest of the team telling their stories to jihyo. They thought since she’s part of the group now, she should know things about them, at least a few things. Gary just observe how his beautiful girlfriend get along with his buddies. He’s glad to see that, something that he has been hoping for a while actually, ever since they started dating. While they were enjoying their meal, suddenly the alarm from the computer goes off. All of them got shock upon seeing the red light from the computer continue being. “what the hell?!!” SimonD blurted out as his eyes saw the computer screen. “Everybody get to your position!!! Switch off the light!!” Gary give command to his team. They all rush to put on their armour vest and night vision goggle that attached to their helmet, getting ready to fight. Gary didn’t forget to help jihyo to wear one of those though. Unknowingly he starts to panic, worry if something happens to jihyo. “Jungin…”. “Don’t worry. I’ll protect her” Jungin cut gary off before he could finish his word. She knows what’s in his mind. She knows he’s worried about his girlfriend. Yet he has to man up and get ready to fight. That’s the only way for them to survive the night. Gary nods to jungin’s word, understand what she meant. “Be careful” Gary comb jihyo’s hair softly. Jihyo nods to him, telling him to stop worrying about her “I’ll be alright oppa. Go. Your team need you now. Go…”. She ends her word with a soft kiss on Gary’s lip “be careful oppa…”

 

Gary took his place beside Gil whose holding his machine gun tightly. They are on the second floor, looking at the surrounding from above. Gaeko and SimonD is at the other side of the house, scanning their sector carefully to see if there is any sign of their enemy. Jungchi being a sniper, take his place up top on the roof so that he can has a clear view of what’s about to come. They all scans their surrounding carefully through the night vision goggle. Their eyes begin to roam, not missing any spot to find a glimpse of anything. Not long after their eyes roaming aroun, they found something “I got 15 to 20 Tango coming in from the tree line” Jungchi whisper through the intercom, informing the team of what he saw. They all shift their attention looking to where Jungchi just point. They saw bunch of guys walking in line slowly. Each one of the have something slung around their body. Gary and his team could only guess what it is. “I got 10 more guy coming down from the ridge” Gaeko speak up informing the team. “yeah…I have about 20 to 30 men coming straight from right in front of us” Gary whisper through the intercom, telling his team to get ready to fight. “holly . That’s substantial forces” SimonD curses out loud as soon as he saw the massive forces. Jungin and jihyo swallow hard upon hearing the men talking through the intercom. They look at each other in fear. It’s just too many. They’re five of them outside, seven if including the two girls, fighting about 60 enemies. How can they survive this. “Get you’re A-game guys. We’re going to unleash hell to these bastard”. Gil speak up to the team, trying to encourage them, convincing them that they can win this fight.

“what’s the rule of engagement here?” Jungchi ask through the intercom while his eye is fixed on one of the man walking toward the house. His rifle is completely aiming at the person’s head, ready to blow up the head of the moving target. “Unless you see a weapon in someone hand, you do not ing fire. I want us to make sure first. I don’t want any mistake” Gary speak up asking Jungchi to wait. He wants to make sure that they are really the enemy. He doesn’t want anyone to make any mistake. If turn out the one they’re shooting is actually an innocent civilian, they might end up in prison. Gary don’t want that; he surely doesn’t want that to happen his buddy, to end up in prison for him. They wait patiently while their finger itch to pull the trigger. They know these guys are not friendly, and the longer they yet, the closer the foe will get. Yet they have to make sure. Their forehead begins to sweat as they wait patiently. “please let me see a weapon” Jungchi pray in his hard. He’s about to lose hi patience. He wants to pull the trigger so bad. As if God hearing his prayer, the man reveal what jungchi’s been looking for. “I see weapon, a rifle!!!” Jungchi speak up through the intercom as soon he saw what he’s looking for. Gary sigh as he heard that. He knows it’s about to get real now. Without any more delay, he gives out the order to Jungchi “take the shot”. Without delay, Jungchi pull the trigger of his favourite rifle.

Pang!!

Jungchi look through his scope only to see the man’s body went limp and hit the ground. He knows from his accurate shooting; the man is dead. The bullet when straight through his neck, going through his medulla; a sweet spot for any sniper to take a shot. No way the man could survive that. Not even a second after that, loud shooting start pouring from the opposing site. Multiple gunshot can be heard from the opposite. It sounds like firecrackers, only more louder and more deadly. The enemy has start to open fire. Gary and the rest of his team begin to open fire too, to retaliate back. Continuous loud and harsh shooting can be heard coming from the opposite end. Waves and waves of bullets spraying into the house. Gary and his team duck to protect themselves from being hit by the wild and harsh bullet. They try their best to fight back though. While ducking for cover, they find the opportunities to fire back, giving their enemy the taste of their own medicine. “Gil!! The tree line!!!” Gary give instruction to Gil, asking him to spray his machine gun bullet to bunch of their enemy that are trying to make an approach. Three or four men immediately falls as the bullet from Gil’s gun hit them. “Jungchi, down the ridge, three guys with machine gun. Take them out!!!” Another sets of order given by Gary. Jungchi immediately do as he was told. Those three guys immediately fall to the ground not to long after that. Gary keep on giving order to his team, coordinating their firepower to fight the huge enemy.

Unfortunately, even with the great tactical and great shooting from them, the enemy keeps on coming, spraying their bullet to the house. Jihyo hasn’t been so afraid in her entire life, not until now.  She feels like the house is being hit by a thunder storm. She can feel the wall shaking. Some of bullets manage to find it way inside the house destroying whatever it is in their path. Jihyo crouch on the floor for protection. She cups her ears with both of her hand, trying to withstand the sound of harsh continuous explosion. She’s so afraid she’s tearing. Never in million years she ever imagined she’d be in this kind of situation. She feels helpless. She feels like she’s about to die. She wishes for Gary to be with her, to hug her, to tell her she’ll be okay, but he’s too busy up stairs, fighting for their life. Jihyo look at Jungin who’s lying down beside her. She can see Jungin is busy talking into some kind of radio, talking in code’s and number. She didn’t understand what the girl is doing, maybe trying to call for help perhaps.

 

Jongki smirk to the scene appear in front of him. He’s at a top of a hill, far behind from the fighting scene. He observes the scene though a binocular. He’s satisfied to see his man moving toward the house. Yes, they are moving slowly, due to intense firing from Gary and his team. He knows the opponent is not some kind of easy target. He expects some numbers of casualty. He doesn’t mind that at all though. All he knows is sooner or later, Gary and his team will be out of ammunition. And when that happen, there’s no way they can win this battle.

“Sir!!! Our men keep on getting shot. Many are injured and dead!!” one of Jongki’s man speak up to him, hoping for his superior to pull the men back, seeing his man keep on falling down from being shot by gary and his team. “Just keep on pushing through the line!!”. “But sir…”. “Just do it!!!...Its Sunghoon’s order”. Jongki cut the man word with a glare. The man didn’t dare to say anymore word, not when he receives such glare from Jongki. He hates is so much seeing his men fall one by one, yet there’s nothing he can’t do except to follow Jongki’s order. He knows how heartless and deadly jongki can be. It’s either he follows the order or be killed.

 

Gary and his team keep on holding strong, despite the massive attack by the enemy. The keep on firing and spraying their bullet to stop their enemy from getting close. Each and of them never stop firing from their weapon. Fire, reload, fire again and then reload again. The cycle never stops. Magazine after magazine been changes. Used bullets scatter on the floor. The weapon in their hand never stop jerking pouring out bullets that coming out of them. Each and every one of them never stop fighting. Jihyo who’s crouching on the floor could only cups her ear to stop the harsh sound. Repeated gun shots make her heart pounding. Her ear never stops ringing. “Argh!!!” Gil suddenly grunt in pain as he feels sharp prick in his chest. He falls to the ground immediately. Gary stop the shooting to check on his buddy, shock to his dearest friend fall to the ground. He knows immediately Gil’s been hit. He can see Gil is in huge amount of pain. “Are you okay??!!” Gary ask Gil while his eyes and hand roam all over Gil, to find any sign on gunshot. “I’m okay…armour cut” Gil reply to Gary while heave heavily, trying to catch a breath. Gary’s glad to hear that, no injury. Gil got lucky though. If only he’s not wearing the armour vest, he might be dead already. “can you fight??” Gary ask again, wanting to make sure again. “yeah!!! Let’s kill these son of es!!!”. They both get up from the crouching position and begin to pour on their enemy back. “Jungin…we’re running out of ammo. How about those help?” Gary ask through the intercom to Jungin, asking if she could manage to send out any sort of radio signals to the headquarters, asking for help. He knows they can only hold their enemy for so long. “No joy!!! I can’t make contact!!!” Jungin reply to Gary while her hand never stops flipping the switches on any sort of radio they have. All of her attempt to contact the headquarters for help went down to drain. Gary curse to himself as he heard the reply from Jungin. Gary immediately know their enemy must have cut off the communication cable somehow, to make sure they can’t reach out for help “” he curses under his breath with that thought. He knows sooner or later they’ll be out of ammo and with the enemy keep on coming, it’s gonna death for them. And with Jihyo is here with them, he can’t let that happen. They really need help. Soon.

 

 

Seoul

11:00pm

 

Sukjin sigh heavily as he walks to his car. He’s in the parking lot of the L comm, ready to go home. Today was such a tiring day. He had one of his best agent went missing, along with a civilian. It’s give him such headache to find them, yet no clue or trail had been left behind. To make matters worse. The team which supposed to find them also went missing. And oh, not to forget another one of his agent ran away from the hospital. What a ing nightmare. Sukjin swear to God he could just die if there is any more surprise. As he was about to enter his car. “Sukjin shi!!!....” sukjin halt his step as he heard a woman calling his name. “…” sukjin hiss under his breath, annoyed to be disturb while on the way home. He turns around to found Jessica running toward him. She seems breathless, maybe from all of the running to chase him down. “what is it now?” Sukjin ask annoyed. No, not annoyed, but fuming. He’s angry. “This must be good Jessica…” Sukjin warn Jessica for stopping him from going home. He’s supposed to be home with his wife by now. He had to cancel the dinner date that they were supposed to have that night. Imagine the kind of wrath he’ll about to have. And still not on his way back when it is already too late, Sukjin can only imagine his wife murdering him in his sleep, if he’s lucky enough to be allowed to enter the house. His deadly glare makes the girl in front of him gulp in fear. “I’m sorry sir but we got a stress call”. “From who?!!” Sukjin ask a little bit annoyed. He’s furious for having such emergency call at the middle of the night. He just wants to go home god damn it. “umm…6-1-alpha sir” Jessica reply to her superior softly, afraid of being scolded by him. “come again???!!!” Sukjin ask again, raising his voice to her. Jessica swallow her saliva hard, shock for being yell at. She clears to speak clearly to her officer “6-1-alpha!!”. Sukjin’s deadly gaze immediately turn to shock as soon as he hears the call sign. Shock to know the stress call come from someone he never expected. “That’s Gil’s” he wants assurance. He wants to know if it’s really from them. “Yes sir” Jessica answer him immediately.

Troops in contact, requesting immediate support… 

Jessica read out the message to Sukjin out loud, making him more shock than he already is. Without delay, they both run toward the building again, know there no time to lose. Sukjin knows Gil or Gary wouldn’t make such stress call unless they’re really in a ditch. They really need help and they need it now. “Prepare the war room!!!” Sukjin give order to Jessica as they step into the elevator. “They’re already there sir, in the room, waiting for your order” Jessica reply him back telling that their men are already in places. Sukjin nods the reply, satisfied hearing that. He knows his men and women are all well trained, always ready to do whatever tasks given to them. “I want SITREP” Sukjin said out loud as he enters the war room. The room is a little chaotic. Sukjin can his men and women busy with their computers and telephone. They are about twenty staff in the room, all look busy with their job. Some of them are busy typing on the computer and some are busy talking through the intercom. There are few huge screen right in front of them. All are showing maps and numbers they needed to work on. “We got a Morse code message from 6-1-alpha saying they need help. We triangulate the signal and found the coordinate where the signal was from. It’s somewhere around Daegu Sir” one of Sukjin man speak up to give the report to him. “Daegu?” Sukjin ask in disbelief. How could Gil get there and the most importantly, why. “Yes sir, Daegu. We have predator from Busan on the way to get eyes on the area. ETA 10 minutes. Quick Reaction Force(QRF) are standing by. They already waiting in the choppers. Waiting for your ‘Go’ Sir”. Sukjin nods understanding each words said to him. “Contact the Air Force. Tell them we need their immediate asset stand by”. Sukjin give out the order again. He wants to alert the Air Force just in case they need to use their jets. Who knows what they’re about to face. “Already done sir. We have two F-16 standing by at the runway, waiting for your green light”. Sukjin please to hear that. He knows they are well trained. He never expects any less from each and one of them. After all, they are all men and women from National Intelligence Service, the best intelligence agency in the country. 

Few minutes later,

“Sir. Live feed from the predator inbound in 30 seconds” one of Sukjin’s men inform him. “Good, put it on the main screen” Sukjin give out the order, can’t wait to see what actually going on, to know the reason behind Gil’s stress call. And in exactly 30 second after that, the main screen right in front of them lit up, showing the live feed taken by the predator. All of them have eyes on the screen. And each one of them are shock to saw the image that appear in screens. It shows a compound being heavily attack by large and massive force. Multiple bullet traces seen from the sky. Huge amount of tracers can be seen shot toward the building. There can even witness huge explosion right in front of the compound. They can see shots fired from the building too, but it’s not as heavy as it come from the outside. Sukjin immediately know his men are inside the compound. “My God!! Send them now!!! Send the QRF now!!! Give the green light those F-16’s. I want them to get there as fast as they can!!!” Sukjin give out the order to his man. They have no time to waste. Gil’s and his team need help. And they need it know. Sukjin can only pray in his heart the QRF will be there in time.

 

 

Back to Gary and his team

 

“Gary I need a pistol mag” Gil shout out to Gary asking for ammunition. His machine gun ammo is long gone. He’s now downed to his pistol. Most of them are. Gaeko and SimonD too are now shooting with their pistols. Their M4 rifle already had same fate as Gil’s machine gun. Jungchi whose before on the roof are now at the same balcony with Gaeko and SimonD. He’s no longer shooting through his beloved sniper rifle. That sniper rifle is long gone too. He’s shooting with Jungin M4 rifle, using his wife’s ammunition as well. All of them almost dry out of their ammo, even Jungin. She’d been distributing her own ammunition to her team, in case they need them. And sure enough, they need it. They need it so much they almost used up everything that left. 

 

Jongki smirk at the scene he saw through his binocular. He saw Gary’s team fire are not as intense and loud as before. He knows they’re already out of ammo and now fighting with their pistols. That’s for sure no match for his massive force. Yeah Gary’s team give them a good fight, killing and injuring more than half of his men, but he has more than 30 of those disposable man. And with that small firepower, there’s no way Gary and his team can survive the fight. “Ask the men to push through now. I want to choke them before they can even breath” Jongki give out the order to his men.

 

“Last mag!!!” Gary announced out loud to his team, telling them that he’s about to reload to his last rifle magazine. Jihyo heart almost pause as she heard that. “There’s no escaping from this now. We’re all gonna die” Jihyo though to herself as she saw each and every one of them are no longer with their primary weapon. And to see her boyfriend keep on fighting with whatever’s left, broke her heart. She knows’ Gary and his team will never give up, will never surrender. Gary keep on firing to the enemy with his rifle. He picks his target carefully, making sure every shot count. He’s trying to conserve the bullet as long as he can. He manages to take out another few of the opposing enemy. Yet no matter how careful he tries to pick his target, that last magazine run out empty as well. “I’m out!!” Gary shout out as he tosses his rifle away and pick up his pistol. “we’re so ed now!!” Gil speak up, stating the obvious. “I’m sorry brother, for dragging you into this hole” gary said out to his buddy, regret for involving them in his problem. Gil shook his head upon hearing that. “Negative brother. You’ve bring us to the best gunfight anyone could only dream about” Gil said to Gary telling him he has no regret. It’s true though. He has no regret. He’s happy to have his team fighting along him. “For what it’s worth. I’m honored to die with my brothers and sisters” Gil tap Gary’s shoulder as he said those word. Tears start to fell in jihyo’s soft cheek as she hears those words from Gil. She’s touch to see Gary’s team fighting for them. If she’s about to die tonight, she’s glad she gets to know them.

Argh!!

As they keep on shooting with whatever they have left, loud grunt can be heard from Gaeko’s corridor. SimonD is on the floor, with blood coming out from his right shoulder. He just got hit, on his right shoulder. “!!! God damn it!!! It ing hurt” SimonD yell out in pain. Gaeko and Jungchi immediately attend their friend who’s bleeding. “are you okay man?” Gaeko ask his friend as he keep on trying to stop the bleeding. “I’m fine. Let me kill those mother er!!” SimonD said annoyed. He switches his pistol to his other hand, shooting with his non dominant hand. Yes, he’s injured and yes they run out ammo, but there’s no way he’ll stop fighting. They enemy can kill them, but no way in hell they can kill their fighting spirit. Even if they die, they’ll die as warriors.

 

To be continue…