SECOND

Look Here

Despite of unexciting incident which happened back at administration room, my first day wasn't too bad after all. Received my class well and even the professor were quite fun too. The way they talked and explained the subject made me understand easily. My last professor of the day gave us an opening task about observing one human object and report every little detailn about the person. My mind run through to the little girl I always loved to see every Saturday afternoon. That was meaning only one thing, I had to go there again next Saturday.

I walked down the hallway when my phone buzzed flashing a text message from my mom, saying that she had to do a surgery so she couldn't pick me up and would go home late leaving me with another usual dinner time alone. The clock was flashing on 5.00 p.m. and the cafetaria was still full with people even it wasn't a dinner time yet, maybe some people had an early dinner. I decided to have a take-out dinner over the restaurant on my home. I took the elevator when I was ready to hit the close button, someone appeared from afar running and hurriedly asking me to hold the door, so I did.

"Thank God." He said between panting as he hit the close button before faced me, "Thanks." He flashed me a smile as I nodded in respond. He faced me again, "Junior?"

"Yes." I nodded taking his hand and shook it.

"Jeon Jungkook. Your senior, I guess." He grinned.

"Park Haneul. Movie department, too?" I said bowing to him.

He shook his head, "No. I'm music department." I nodded and another silent was built up between us before his phone rang and he answered it immediately, "Hyung?" He said, "Yeah well, I have it already but I don't know your girlfriend's address. Just text me." As he hung up the phone, the elevator door was opened at his floor, "Well, Haneul it's nice to meet you."

I bowed since he was my senior and the elevator door was closed again. He had a warm, wide, and little comical smile. But his hairstyle was the one who caught my eyes for the first time since the hair really made his eyes sparkling in a good way. Wait, did I just thinking about him? He was the person I just met today yet he succeed to keep my mind busy. I was walking to the bust stop when I spotted a familoar figure at the parking lot, he was talking with someone over the phone and leaned back to his car. The jerk senior, not the one I met at the elevator, but the obe who bumped me twice back at the administration room and the restaurant. His cold face was showing an expressionless one. Shook my head, I quickly took a seat at the bus station as I searched for my MP3 player, put the headset on, and humming to my favorite music.

Not put too much attention, I didn't realize a black shining two doors car was stopped in front of me. As I looked up, I saw no one around me so I took a little peek on the car. But before I could see a clear vision, the window was opened. I saw a warm smile I knew from the driver seat as he greeted me.

"Haneul isn't it?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yes."

"Can I give you a ride home?" He asked splashing me his another charmed smile.

"Oh it's fine, Sunbae. Thank you." I smiled.

He hissed chuckling, "Come on. It's not like I'm going to kidnap you."

I shook my head politely, "Really it's fine, Sunbae. I want to grab a dinner first before going home actually."

"Well, that's great. I'm going to have a dinner too. Let's go together then."

He insisted after my third rejection but then I gave up eventually and made my hand to pull open the passenger door and put on the seatbelt, "Really you don't have to-"

"Stop playing hard to get before I kick you out of the car." He laughed.

"What? I'm not." I laughed too as I felt an ease when I was talking with him.

"So, which restaurant?" He said as he grabbed the steering wheel with one hand while another one he put above his lap.

"I have none in mind actually."

"Excellent." He exclaimed, "Let's go to my favorite restaurant in Seoul. I went there at my first day of college and I ended up being a music prodigy at my first year. Who knows maybe something will happen the same to you." He joked around as I laughed.

"So you aren't originally from here, Sunbae?"

He shook his head, "No. I'm from Busan. You?"

"Seoul."

"Wow, Seoul girl!" He shouted again.

"What? You seems happy."

"It's not everyday I met Seoul girl so nice and polite."

"My mom taught me well." I said proudly.

"Yes, she did." He said as he took a glance at me for awhile before brought his eyes back to the road.

We drove in just 10 minutes but if you wrote down every of our conversation, you would have two books completely full of our talks, laughs, and jokes. He just a good man who didn't pur a senior banner on his head and asked everyone to bow dowb and to treat him like a king. He was a person who never felt ashamed to show who he really was. As he parked the car I was still laughing of his high school joke when he confessed to the wrong girl because of his friend gave him the wrong number. His expression when told me the story was priceless.

"Anyway I have to make sure ask the right girl by myself. I can't rely on my friends anymore." He said as he closed the car door.

I laughed, "Be gentleman then, Sunbae."

"Yah! Stop laughing!" He said but he couldn't hold himself so he was laughing as well.

"Where are we by the way?" I asked him as I looked to the three stories building in front of me with 'LIMOS' written at the top of the building.

"Limos." He said flatly.

I sighed, "I can read, thanks Sunbae. I just- I thought I have seen this one before but I don't remember where." I said more to myself.

"Gwacheon?"

"Ah! Gwa- Wait, how did you know?"

He chuckled catching my dumbfoubded expression, "My friend own this. He's a Greece geek, so he named this restaurant as-"

"Limos. The god of hunger." I whispered but loud enough for him to hear me.

He looked at me strangely, "Don't tell me you're a Greece geek too, please."

I chuckled, "I'm not. I just know it."

He sighed in relief, "Let's go inside."

The interior didn't have too much difference from the one which placed at Gwacheon, except this had one more floor taller than the Gwacheon one. Someone whose name tag written 'Jongdae' approached us and flashing his nice small before handed us the menu book. He wrote down my order--which always spaghetti and meatballs with fresh cold lemonade--while Jungkook ordered a set of jjajangmyeon with sweet-sour chicken and cola, very Korean.

"I've always had huge appetite everytime I came here." He said when the waiter finished writing down our order.

"Delicious isn't it?" I asked more like bragging as if this restaurant was mine.

He nodded excitedly.

After two long hours of dinner, Jungkook insisted to drive me home since he was worry to let me commuting at night. Jungkook seems didn't know how to keep his mouth shut because he was talking all the way to my place. I didn't mind actually, but he was first cheerful human I met at the college when mostly there were just a bunch of too serious people around the campus.

He stopped in front of my apartment door, "Goodnight, Haneul. And thank you." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

I felt a blushing on my cheek, "You're welcome." Before I could turn my body to open my apartment door, Jungkook called me again, "Yes?" I asked him as he pulled up his cellphone and handed it to me.

"Can I have your number? I'm being a gentleman here." He chuckled as I smiled, "Maybe I'll call you."

"Call me?" I asked smiling.

He nodded shyly, "Maybe one day I'll ask you to have an early dinner with me again."

 

Jungkook left my apartment after excitedly accept my number. I saw through my window, he walked down to the parking area as he talked with someone through his phone which placed between his shoulder and his ear. I saw him sliding in to the driver seat and drove fast towards outside the main gate. I smiled silently.

(Narrator's POV)

Jungkook dialed someone's number as he get out from the elevator. He didn't know Haneul actually looked at him down from her apartment room's window. He made a quick call and said something in a speed of light as he pulled out his car key and put his cellphone between his shoulder and ear, talked as quiet as possible.

"I found her apartment. It's 715D. I also get her number." A paused a bit as Jungkook slided in to his car and turned his engine on, "No one home. She has the key with her. Her mom was nowhere to be found." A paused again before he nodded, "I understand, Sir."

He drove away in hurry.

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): I made double updates :D What happen with Jungkook and what happen actually with Haneul? Stay tune for my next update to get to know what actually happen. Have a good day, my dear readers <3