FIFTH

Look Here

(Haneul's POV)

My presentation took the time for over than an hour since my professor said it was worth to read task and I gave a good deliver when it comes to explain my report. Everyone clapped their hands and I was beyond relief of everyone's good appreciation towards my repirt. After received the usual dinner time alone call from my mom, I walked towards the bus stop with MP3 player in hands, heaphone on my ears, and humming on my favorite song as usual. But the unsual thing that happened today was rain poured real hard and I forgot to bring an umbrella. So it was quite a hardwork to walk from college's main gate to the bus stop.

As I tried to dry off my clothes and my hair, the same two doors car stopped in front of the bus stop, in front of me. But this time, the driver hopped out from his car with his jacket hovered over his head and stood beside me.

"Jungkook sunbae?" I asked as I looked up to meet his eyes, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm about to go home but I see you here, so I'm thinking to offer you a ride home."

I smiled, "I'm taking a bus."

"No. I'll ride you home."

I smiled again refusing politely, "I have somewhere to go before heading home."

"Let me drive you, then."

"Sunbae I-"

"Haneul." He smiled cut me off, "I would be a jerk if I'm letting you here alone waiting for a bus in the middle of rain, let me drive you."

I personally would love to jump up and down right now and open the car door by myself even without him getting out from his car, but thet would be a weird thing. So, I was choosing to stay refused by gave up at the end of the day, because the last thing I knew I was sitting inside his two doors car and had Jungkook grabbed the steering wheel while he talked, laughed, and joked. I admired his side profile as I also laughed at his joke even the joke itself was actually less of funny, but I decided to gave him an appreciation since he was so kind to offer me his ride.

We stopped in front of a doll store after 10 minutes driving. Jungkook asked me where I wanted to go first before home and I gave him the address. He also asked me what was this place but I just said for him to just drive me there instead. And now after we arrived in front of a building named 'DOLL HEAVEN', Jungkook's face was even more confused.

"Do you still love playing with doll in your late 20s?" He asked curiously.

I sighed staring at him, "I'm still in early 20s." He chuckled and apologized as I continued, "I still love playing with doll, but right now I'm not buying one for me."

"Oh yeah?" He asked again as he opened the door for both of us. He was such a gentleman, "For who then?"

"A little girl who happened to be my task's object."

"Aah~" He said as he walked beside me while I was picking up some dolls, "Observing person task thing?" I nodded in respond, "I have a good memory."

"What memory?" I asked him without looking at his face since I was too confused to pick one of the two dolls on my hands, hard to pick.

"I chose a buglar on action as my object."

"What?!" I faced him immediately in shock while he laughed nodding, "Were you insane at that time?"

"I was thinking about get something thrill on my first task. But I succeed eventually."

I laughed, "Godness."

"Can I go with you?" He asked after a long pause.

"Where?"

"Meet the little girl."

I thought real hard before he whined playfully as I nodded, "Whatever." I laughed.

The sun was already set by the time we exited the doll store. Jungkook asked me to go grab some dinner with him but I refused it since I wanted a cup of ramen back at my apartment. He gave up on me since he knew I was really thinking about having some ramen. He laughed on my craziness offer a cup of ramen.

"You're a ramen girl, then." He laughed.

I hit his arm playfully, "I just want to have some ramen that's all. I miss ramen."

"Look at you, oh my God!" Jungkook laughed again, "I wish I were a cup of ramen."

I shocked but his suddent statement but laughed eventually, "Stop saying something so cheesy, Sunbae." I said as he stopped at the parking lot. The rain still pour really hard so he handed me his umbrealla and told me to return it again anytime. Because I could see there were almost 5 umbrellas inside his car and all of them were black.

"Thanks, again." I said as he nodded. But before I made my way to hop out of the car Jungkook grabbed me by my hands and asked me to wait, so I sat back on my seat as he reached over something on his pants pocket.

He pulled out a shining silver necklace with a dolphun as its pendulum, "What's this?" I asked in confusion, receiving it but still put it on my hand.

"I bought this back at the doll store. They sell it there, when I first look at it I think it might be suit you. Don't throw this okay? Wear it." He said while I was just staring at the necklace and he sighed before took the necklace away from my hands as he leaned forward to put the necklace on my neck. I swore I could hear my own heartbeat louder than the screaming sound of my mom when she spotted I was kissing an idol's picture.

He smiled as he saw the dolphin rested beautifully on my chest, upper chest, near my neck, not literally my chest, "I knew it would suit you."

"SunSunbae I-"

"I hope when you see this." He pointed the dolphin, "You'll remember me." He smiled.

I thought hard about something not too cheesy and I came out with something stupid instead, "Because you looked like a dolphin?" I chuckled, "Sorry."

He just smiled, "I'm saying, when you miss me just look here."

I nodded holding my laugh, "Thank you." I said as I hopped out from the car.

"Cook me ramen next time, okay?" He shouted from his windiw car as I waved him goodbye.

(Narrator's POV)

Jungkook knew where he belong, he shouldn't have to do something like that. When his superior asked, the reason would be always 'for the sake of the girl', or 'she have to believe me', or 'I have to make her believe and trust me', Jungkook did that for something called assuredness. But deep down on his heart he knew, he just developed something called feeling. No matter how he shook the feel away, it would come back again even stronger.

He knew what his superior felt about the previous incident, it might be called as an accident but there were no accident if something was planned. Jungkook felt that really well, too well until he accepted to be their right hand, the second child prodigy on this area.

His phone was buzzing and when he saw the caller ID he wiped his sweat away as he answered the call, "Yes. I'm on my way." A paused for a long seconds before he nodded, "I understand. I'll be there in 5."

He pulled to stop and texted his two fellow team-mates and said that their superior had summon them to meet at the headquarter. Jungkook made another phone call and seemed to have a little arguing session on his conversation. He hit the steering wheel once before he burried his face on the palm of his hand and hit the red button before threw the phone away to the backseat. Tears slowly formed from his eyes as he looked over the window car and stared deeply at Haneul's apartment. Jungkook actually just drove around the block and stopped across Haneul's apartment for the second times.

His eyes were fixed to the one room which had the light on and opened window. He clenched his teeth as he made a debate session with himself inside his head before he let out a drop of his tears slided down and drove away to his next destination.

Jungkook arrived at the headquarter which was just another apartment building as his two fellow team-mates also just made their way out from their cars. They waved to lazily walking Jungkook before the mint hair one swung his hand over the younger's shoulder.

"What's with that face, Kookie-ah?" The mint hair said and had to tiptoe because he was shorter than Jungkook.

Jungkook just smiled before another of his team-mates whose pink hair approached taking off his yellow sunglasses, "I know what your problem is, Jungkook. Let's talk about it later after this."

Jungkook nodded weakly.

The elevator was opened at 15th floor and they entered the first room in front of them and the maid told them to wait. They obeyed as they took a seat each in front of a big screen TV. After a few minutes, the maid came back with three glasses of water as she said that the superior supposed to meet them but he had a sudden meeting at the main office, so the second superior would meet them instead.

"That's okay, Gaeun. Thank you." The pink hair said.

The three of them stood up immediately when the second superior entered the room and Gaeun made her way out of the room. He took a seat across from the other three as he took a sip of his water and put it down.

"So how is it going?" The second superior asked.

"I think I gained her trust, Seokjin hyung." Jungkook said.

Seokjin, the second superior, nodded smirking. He started to walk towards the big closed window, "Good, because me too." Seokjin was the first child prodigy after all.

 

To be continued

 

 

 

(A/N): God, it was actually thrilled. Too much mystery, isn't it? I know, I know, but I hope you'll be fine with that :D I imagined Jungkook on Run MV when he has his fighting scene with Suga and his crying scene while he was sitting on the floor for his crying and anger part on this story. Just because how vulnerable he was back at the music video. And Seokjin (whoaaa...!!!) he just more and more attractive for me even when I write him as the bad guy (author-nim is apologizing over and over again *bowed*). Anyway, stay tune for more updates! Have a good day <3