SIXTH

Look Here

(Haneul's POV)

My mom was at her unnatural habit, stood in front of the kitchen counter, chopping up on something, and kept her TV sound echoing to the whole our apartment. I groaned because of her out-of-melody voice was heard all the way to my bedroom. Even pillow on my head couldn't perfectly block my mom's voice. I looked over the clock and it was just 8 in the morning. I sleepily walked towards the kitchen where my mom greeted me in super energetic way.

"Good morning, sunshine!" She exclaimed.

"Your voice is amazing. You're the best." I put my two thumbs up as I looked over the messed up kitchen, "Oh my God! Did the plane just crash on our kitchen? For God's sake what have you done?" I shouted entering the kitchen and gathering the mess around.

"I made you breakfast." She smiled.

"From what I see right now, there are just a bunch of scattering spoons, forks, and some plates over a dozen of uncooked and overcooked pancakes and for the love of God why you put bacons on the boiling water?" I hurriedly put everything back, turned off the stove, and start to make breakfast from top, "Just sit down beautifully at the living room and I'll make you breakfast."

"Okay." She winked, "I just want to learn to cook by the way."

"You're good on chopping up human's body instead of food ingredients. Did Mr. Kim ask you to cook something?"

"No." She said as she made her way to the living room and playfully flopped herself above the couch, "But I just want to surprise you and him one day."

"Wow, you're that serious!" I shouted and playfully chuckled.

"It's just-" She smiled shyly.

"I know, I get it, Mom."

"He's the first man I met for over 15 years, after your father and I separated."

I nodded silently as I started to crack some eggs and cooked it, "He's nice." My mom looked up to see my face, "Mr. Kim is nice."

"Yeah." She nodded smiling to herself while brought her gaze back to the TV screen, "He's kind and he likes you."

"Does he?" I turned my face and caught her smiling.

"He does. He told me he wanted a daughter at first, but Seokjin was born instead."

For hearing Seokjin name being mentioned, I spaced out for a second before continue what I was doing. I finished cooked four eggs as my mom set everything up above the dining table and I was preparing some bacons and sausages also toasted some breads.

"Seokjin's nice too." My mom suddenly said.

I frowned, "You know nothing, Mom."

She chuckled, "From what I see, he'll become the best brother for you."

"Yeah. Brother."

"Or boyfriend." She teased me.

"Mom!" I exclaimed.

"What's wrong with that?"

"He has a girlfriend." I was surprised by a weak tone as if I dissapointed while actually I couldn't care less about Seokjin's relationship.

"Do I sense a jealousy in the air?"

"Stop making fun of me and just eat already. It's all set." I placed everything down as my mom and I started to eat our simple breakfast before my phone started to ring. I pickes up on its fourth ring without even bother to look at the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Haneul? Hi. It's me." The voice exclaimed.

I pulled my phone from my ear to see Jungkook name was flashed on my phone screen, "Oh, hi Jungkook sunbae."

"So it's a date this afternoon, right?"

"What? What date?"

"You meet the little girl."

"Aah~" He was talking about Hana, "Yeah, of course."

"You'll come with me, right?"

"Yes."

"Great. I'll pick you up at 3."

"Sure."

"Okay. See you!"

"Bye." I said as I hung up and faced my smirking mother, "Mom you're literally scaring me."

"Jungkook isn't it, huh?"

"Mom, you're being very weird today. You have yourself a date too."

"I'm not saying about the date, but the boyfriend thing."

"Mom!"

"Alright, alright." She laughed.

A few hours later I walked her out of the apartment to the parking lot to be greeted by tall and handsome Mr. Kim. He said something about me should get along more often with Seokjin and stuff, I didn't hear it properly because of if it was about Seokjin, then I didn't have something interesting to talk about. I just nodded and smiled without even doing anything beside that.

I waved them goodbye as I saw the car slowly drove away towards their date destination. I'm happy for her, I'm not gonna lie. But I swore to myself if someone did something to hurt her both mentally and physically, that person should face me and my hardly to beat anger mode. Because my mom said, Haneul in anger version was scarier than the classic horror movie.

As the clock flashed on number 1, I took a bath and slided down a nice black outfit which paired with a jeans and black flat shoes. Didn't forget two wrap the doll with transparents plastic bag and a nice pink ribbon on top of it. My phone buzzed signaling a notification. It was a message, as I opened and smiling immediately:

I'm in front of your palace, Princess.

Jungkook leaned on his two doors car wearing a white polo shirt along with black jeans and black vans. He was smiling when I came out from the front door fixing my black backpack and even ready to open the door for me. I smiled mumbling a 'thank you' and hopped in to his car.

"Okay, where the place?"

"Gwacheon center park."

I could see Jungkook froze for awhile before flashed a forced smile, "Gwacheon park it is."

Jungkook acted like wasn't himself today. His usually talkative was dissapeared to nowhere. I was dying to talk with him and I was missing his usually cheerful side, but I couldn't do nothing instead of waiting for his bright side back. I then remembered something about yesterday conversation about the dolphin necklace he gave me which I happened to wear today.

"...when you miss me, just look here..."

I took the dolphin pendulum as I held it while looking at the road. A few minutes later, Jungkook seemed to catch my action so he asked me eventually.

"Is the dolphin feeling cold?"

I looked up to see his usual charmed smile as I shook my head then looked down to the dolphin, "The dolphin need a little hug."

He chuckled, "Hug the one who gave you that instead."

I chuckled as well, "The one who gave me this was nowhere to be found."

"Oh yeah?" He asked teasing me in curious way.

I giggles, "No. I'm just joking."

I thought it twice and it would be too cheesy if I said something about missing his talkative side, so I just gulped down the words as I brought my hand down again and didn't touch the dolphin anymore. I stared at the Gwacheon city limit and prepared the doll on my lap which I previously put it at the backseat.

"You picked a nice doll, Haneul."

"I love this kind of doll."

"Does the girl by any chance have something in commin with you?"

"She does." I nodded looking up and smiled as I remembered the time her father told me that she lost her mother figure. So far, that was only one thing we have in common.

The city clock was flashed on number 4 as I saw two familiar people walking towards us. I held the doll behind my back as I also walking towards them with Jungkook followed me from behind. I waved my hand towards Hana and she exclaimed once she saw me than run after me. I bent down so she could hug me then bowed down to her father after I pulled from the hug.

"The same reason bring you here?" Mr. Kim Taehyung teased me.

"The same reason, different purpose." I smiled as I pulled out the doll from behind my back, "My presentation went well so I want to give this to Hana as my thankful gift." I gave the doll to her as she smiled and said 'thank you' in cute way since she couldn't talk properly yet.

I looked to her father and caught him staring at Jungkook intensely as if they were already knew each other but never met for over a decade. I stood up yet they didn't broke their gaze. Jungkook broke the gaze eventually when I shook his hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked Jungkook.

He sighed but bring his stare back to Mr. Kim Taehyung, "I'm okay." He nodded still stared at Mr. Kim Taehyung.

"Did you two by any chance know each other?"

"No." They answered in unison and I could instantly smell something fishy.

(Narrator's POV)

Flashback two years ago

It was a hectic situation. Blood were everywhere. Two men and a woman hand been dragged all thd way in hallway to the emergency room. They were gasping tried to breath, inhaled as much as oxygen they could. The white coat people gathered around them and let the three remaining family out from emergency room. An accident couldn't be avoid but the impact still surprising.

"They'll be fine, Jungkook. They'll be fine."

Jungkook had his head low and cried his heart out. He didn't let out a sob but his body was shaking, as much as two of his friends tried to calm him down but that was useless. Jungkook cried even harder and the tallest one with pink hair had to hugged him.

"Jungkook, it'll be fine."

"How can, Namjoon hyung? How can? They're literally my family and I don't have anyone beside them."

Suddenly the emergency room door was opened as a doctor came out bathed in sweat. Jungkook run towards him as he shook the doctor's body.

"Doctor, how is my family condition?! Tell me!"

"Please calm down, Sir. I have my team inside to help your family."

Jungkook stared down at the doctor's name tag before he cries again and pleaded as if it was his last day of life, "Please save them, doctor Kim Taehyung."

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): I personally love VKOOK moment here like I really imagined them staring each other awkwardly. Wait for my next update to know what actually happen between all the characters. Please wait ;) Have a nice day <3