TENTH

Look Here

(Haneul's POV)

I woke up on something soft and warm as my gaze slowly drifted down over my fully covered body. A white blanket was placed on top of me as I shifted it slightly to see what I was wearing since me was the last thing I wanted to see when the first time I woke up. Thankfully, I was fully dressed in hospital clothes eventhough I silently cursed to whoever brave enough to touch and even undressed me.

The back of my head was still dizzy and burning, my back was still in pain, my whole body was injured and I could feel that by the sting sensation everytime I tried to move even blinked, but I definitely felt a lot more better than before. I cringed when I tried to shift my body which made me gave up easily and tilted my head instead of trying to sit. I was in the hospital room, no doubt and no surprise remembering what happened earlier. But I actually didn't quite remember anything after Taehyung finished his story with full of tears, anger, and ashamed. The last thing I knew was Taehyung told the story, Mr. Kim hit Taehyung's face once then faced Jungkook which furiously covered by Seokjin, the two men with colorful haired stepped forward and helped Taehyung, then my vision turned black. After that, I remembered I was laying down inside the car on someone's lap which I didn't know who. And this was my fully sober time which I didn't go back to sleep or the darkness come again. I still tried to sit before the front door opened making me jump and laid back again immediately.

"Hi." Taehyung popped out his head as he greeted me hald relief half worried. I smiled and gestured my hand telling him to come in, "How are you?" He asked closing the door behind him and pulled the chair to my side bed and sat down.

"Fantastic." I said weakly as I stared him back and slowly brought my eyes down to see what he wore because his clothes was actually caught my eyes and I didn't catch thta bright clothes by the time he entered my room. My eyes wided open suddenly when I realized what he wore something like a white coat, "You're back?"

He looked at himself and smiled, "I guess mother nature calling me to come back and do what I'm good at." He grinned, "Healing people." He was wearing a doctor uniform and I guessed he back to his original job.

"How? Why?" I asked full in curiousity.

"I'll tell you later." He smiled as he grabbed my hand, "By the way, your friend's here come to see you. Should I send him in?" By the time Taehyung said 'him' my mind was trailed down to Jungkook, but before I could make up my mind and guessing right Seokjin was already entered the room when Taehyung opened the door, "I'll leave you two alone." Taehyung said as he tapped Seokjin's shoulder.

Taehyung asked himself permission to go out and Seokjin took over the chair after slowly, shyly, and hesitantly walked towards me. I smiled and his gaze which scared and tensed earlier replaced by softness and a little of distressed.

"How are you?" Was the first question he asked after 34 good seconds he sat in silent. 34 seconds, and yes I counted it.

"A little pain but good. You?"

He sighed, "I feel miserable."

I chuckled slightly, "You sounded like Charlie Brown."

"Who's Charlie Brown?"

"Snoopy's owner."

He chuckled. Unable to speak further he grabbed my hands, "Your-" He paused looking up to me and when he caught I just flatly stared him back, he continued to my hand, "Your hand is soft."

I slightly laughed, "Yup. I can't imagine a better pick up lines that would suit you so that's a nice compliment."

He nodded shyly, "I just can't believe I put your life in danger and I saw you almost- you know- like-" He choked with his own words before I could see a slight drop of tears escaped from his eyes. He was being sincere.

"All that matter is that I'm okay now. Nicely alive."

"But still-"

"You have to learb to forgive yourself, Seokjin. You didn't even know what happened-"

"Yet I still have my head nodded when my father told me, well practically us, to hunt your mom and yourself down."

"Where do you know about me? We've never meet before."

"From schedule card." He answered almost instantly, "I read the information that you applied for movie department at the same college as me. I almlost gave up when I was searching for the existence of this girl named Park Haneul, until I read your name on your schedule card. That was how I found you. I called Jungkook right away, told him the detail of yourself before he said that he spotted you at the elevator."

"And you do whatever your father told you to do?"

He nodded unable to look up to see my face, "That was my mistake before I felt- we felt- umm-"

"What?"

He looked up and caught my gaze deeply, "Something."

"Is that a song's title?" He sighed, "And by 'we' do you mean-"

"Jungkook and I?" He looked to see me nodding, "Yeah." He brought his gaze down.

"What something?"

"You know what."

"I don't know."

"Stop being so stupid and just accept that anyway."

"Accept what?"

"Accept that Jungkook and I have f-" He stopped felt regret for almost spit out the words.

"Yeah?" I could heard him swore something, "Don't swear on me, gentleman."

"Whatever. I just want to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"Nothing."

I sighed, "Be a gentleman for once in awhile won't hurt, Princess."

"Don't your dare to call me 'Princess'!" He shot a cold and offended gaze towards me.

"That's Seokjin I know." I smiled and he shyly smiling, "You're really a princess." I chuckled before the front door swung open to reveal a shy and fragile Jungkook's head popped out.

"Can I have her for a minute, Hyung?"

Seokjin stared at me and mouthed 'See you again' before turning back his gaze to Jungkook after let go of my hand, "Sure."

Jungkook hesitantly took over the chair and finally landed his eyes on me after make sure Seokjin left the room and closed the door. He was ready to say something before I cut him off, "I'm fine." I smiled.

He nodded because that was actually the answer for his first question, "I think I-" His eyes trailed on my face and lingered for awhile at every scars that attempted to make itself looked visible. I could see his hand moved up and down feeling uncertain whether touch it or not but he chose to not touch it, "I'm sorry."

"Can I have my Jungkook back?" He looked up surprise, "The one who was cheerful and couldn't shut his mouth even for a second?" I smiled when he shyly stared down.

"He's gone."

"Oh yeah? Then who are you?"

He looked up, gave a good look to his black rounded smoky eyes, incisive nose, and thin mouth. He still handsome as always. He would always turn into a cute bunny when he grinned but dangerously attractive when he just tugged a little smile which he was showing up to me. His little charmed smile.

"Jeon Jungkook."

"The one who asked me to hold the elevator for him?"

He smiled again, "He's long gone. This is another Jungkook." He pointed himself.

"Which one?"

"The last time you saw was a flirty Jungkook, overly-cheesy Jungkook, overly-confidence Jungkook, cocky Jungkook."

"Now?"

"Now you see a vulnerable Jungkook, coward Jungkook, worthy-to-be-slapped Jungkook, who's stupidly madly in love with you and he just too scared to admit that it sent him a familiar feeling when you showed him your charming side everytime you reject this crazy Jungkook's offer to ride home together."

Everything stopped, even I couldn't breath properly. Every formed of acceptances and rejections which was about to come out from my mouth suddenly dissapeared as if a suppermassive black hole was built in a mere of seconds to up all the vocabulary I had in mind. But before I had to say anything which I struggled to, Jungkook held my hand firmly.

"Promise me something. Everytime, everywhere you miss me, just look here." He pointed the dolphin necklace he gave me which I realized I wore that almost everyday, except when I took a bath since I felt uncomfortable taking a bath with something Jungkook gave me rested somewhere in my body, it felt like Jungkook saw me .

"I'm not worthy enough to have you love me too, Haneul. Because whether you want or not, I'm moving away and not coming back."

Half of my heart was cried, hurted by the sudden of farewell I never wanted to happen. But another half of my heart was relief, felt glad because I didn't have to reject him when he offered his heart. That was what I actually whould do when he let his heart speak for himself, no matter what I rejected him eventually. I do belong to someone and my heart know that the person isn't Jungkook.

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): It hurts me when I pictured Jungkook in sad and regretful face, but it's driving me insane when I pictured him smirking (that was my own guilty pleasure). Guys! Please hold on! We almost there, almost there! Wait for my next update and thank you for all the subscribes, upvoters, and of course my dear readers! You all really made my day <3