NINTH

Look Here

Flashback two years ago

(Narrator's POV)

The sound of ambulances' siren beat the hell out of the thunderstorms. Hospital at the center center of Seoul city was shocked by the sudden fatal accident that happened to led three bloody victims entering the hallway. Each and every one of doctors and nurses sprinted to help them in speed of light movements. There were two men and a woman, probably a family since one of the two men was at his 20s. The polices gave the team of doctors their identity as one of them read it out loud before took the bloody people in to the emergency room.

A couple of doctors whose just put their name tag in front of their chest, helped the nurses to push the bed all the way to the emergency room. Once the three victim were in, the five responsible doctors came enter to identify and made a quick decision of what to do with them since they were already running out of blood. The scene was terrifying, blood was everywhere, on their hands, head, feet, all over the body like the blood was actually taking a charge being their clothes. As one of the head team doctors stepped forward to see their face clearly, he had his step back instantly by the time he saw the face of the last victim. His mouth gapped open as he closed it right after.

"Honey, are you alright?" Asked a doctor beside him worried over his husband whose just stepback in shock. Didn't earn a simple respond she shook his body and formally called his name, "Doctor Kim Taehyung, I'm asking you."

His gaze was blank and let go of his wife grip as he mumbled on something, "You take charge. I'm out." He was bathed in sweat right after before felt dizzy and headed out exited the emergency room. By the time he got out, someone whose so surprisingly upset and scared grabbed Taehyung's hand and practically begging him to tell the victims' conditio  who called as his family. Taehyung himself didn't recognize this young man but quickly thought as a close friend of the family. Taehyung finally told the young man thet he had his team to rescue the victims as he made his way to doctors'private room.

Once Taehyung knew he was alone he let out a loud cry as he burried his hand inside his palm and causing his face to turn to be as red as a tomato. He sobbed, cried, even kicked the table in front of him without even realizing that the door has a window on it which someone on the outside of the room could see what he was doing. After what being called a minute, someone knocked on the door and opened it as Taehyung quickly jumped backing the person.

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought-" The female voice was stopped once she saw he actually cried, "Doctor, are you okay?"

Hearing the genuine on her voice, Taehyung turned his body and smiled bitterly, "I'm okay. Thanks."

She walked closer slowly, "Are you sure? Because I'm looking at the very not okay person."

"Are you a new resident?" Taehyung changed the topic as he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.

"I'm new but not a resident. Transferred from Chungmu hospital."

"Aah~" Taehyung reahed for her hand, "Doctor Park Jiyeon, isn't it?"

She nodded, "And you?"

"Kim Taehyung."

"Kim Tae-" She stopped, "Shouldn't you lead the-"

"Yeah, and I'm the worst doctor of all." He sat back down as he burried his face again inside his palm before let out a frustration groaned and faced Jiyeon again who now took a seat beside him in very polite way.

"You can tell me everything." Jiyeon said.

Taehyung chuckled in not very amusement way, "We literally just met."

"I'm going to work here anyway and we're co-worker." Jiyeon smiled.

"He's my brother."

"Who?"

"The just-got-inside-the-emergency-room patient. The older man, he's my brother. My long lost brother." Jiyeon heard silently, "He left home because of his current wife whose also got in to the accident. But I didn't recognize her face since I never met her and never knew about his son. So I was-" He paused, hard to search a word to continue.

"Surprised, shocked by the situation and the unwanted kind of encounter." Jiyeon finished Taehyung's statement as he nodded.

"See? I'm the worst doctor of all." He chuckled, "How funny."

"No. Even the strongest, most experienced doctor could have been in your exact place. Handling our own family is ten times harder than handling a hundred of strangers a day."

Taehyung nodded in agreement as if she could read his mind, "So, why you are here?"

"Oh, I actually umm-" Jiyeon was looking for a piece of paper inside her white coat, "I was looking for doctor Kim Jiyeong."

Taehyung nodded, "She's leading the operation at this time so she might be can't see you right now. But as a good husband I am, so I can help." He flashed a simple smile.

She chuckled, "It's a bussiness and I should come report to your only."

"Right." He nodded, "Can I ask you a favor? As a co-worker."

"Sure."

"I'm thinking to grab some coffee at the cafetaria, would you mind to give me company?"

"Wouldn't your wife-"

"Jealous was the last thing on her list and I'm in the deepest love with her."

Jiyeon smiled, "Okay."

For three exhausting hours, doctor Jiyeong ended up crying at the corner of OR as she looked up to the frozen, cold, and out of breath person at the operation table. She admitted she was doing a mistake even her mates and the nurses told her everything would be okay, but she scared enough to let the news out from the OR. But how hard she tried to cover her mistake the news eventually escaped from OR and arrived to the one of the closest person of the family, Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook now held one doctors' collar as he tried to escape from Jungkook grip which now moved to the running nurse and begging to give him the name. The nurse kept on silent until Jungkook showed the most threatening movement towards the innocent petite nurse. He choked her and asked the doctors' name violently.

"Give me the name or I make this day is your last!" His eyes flickered the anger and sadness all at the same time. The people around were too scared and too coward to pull Jungkook's body as the nurse panted needing some air while saying out loud the name forcefully, "Ji- Ji- Jiy- Jiyeong."

Jungkook didn't get the full name because of his too much anger to handle as he pulled out his hands and sprinting to the VIP room and delievered which turned out to be the wrong message. It wasn't Jiyeon, it was Jiyeong, Taehyung's wife.

 

The next day, Jiyeong kept silent as she soon realized that the yesterday patient was her husband's sister in-law which doubled her guilty feeling. Taehyung pleaded to make his wife stay as she packed her things leaving 11 months old Hana crying inside her crib, seeing her parents arguing over something that she couldn't understand but the noises was enough to make little Hana scared.

"Jiyeong, we shouldn't cover this! As a good doctor we are, we have to at least give an explanation! Stay, we face it together."

"No!" She exclaimed, "That could ruin my whole career. I better leave or else and shut your mouth!"

Taehyung resigned as a doctor the day after Jiyeong left and brought little Hana out of Seoul city to Gwacheon where he decided to start a new life and left everything behind until what brought him today to safe some misunderstood thing that could make his one day co-worker's and her daughter life in jeopardy.

End of flashback

To be continued