ELEVENTH

Look Here

For the past few weeks I've been learning how to walk properly again after what I actually learnt back when I was a toddler. Seokjin constantly giving me visits everyday after his schedule ended. He cutely wore a backpack and jumping up and down while holding a bouquet of flowers every lazy afternoon when I took a peek through my window. I smiled when I heard a soft knock and he peeked sweetly before closed the door behind him, replaced the two days ago flowers with his fresh and new one. Patiently cut me and feed me an apple.

As he made a perfect slice on an apple he asked me, "I still don't get you, Haneul."

"What?" I happily munching on my first piece of sweet apple.

"Why didn't you turn us in to the police?"

I stopped on munching before grabbed another piece of sliced apple but he stopped me and warned me to not eat like a pig before I sighed considering he ate like one. I swallowed, "I don't get any point for me by turning you in. For my defense, I considered your act as a form of revenge not really criminal."

"Your defense? I'm the one who should say that."

"Let's take it like I'm defending you." He chuckled nodding, "How's your father by the way?" Being a gentleman he was, Mr. Kim did apologize directly to me and my mom even he said he would pay for our hospital expense.

"Good. He's taking my Gwacheon LIMOS."

"You leave your bussinees in Gwacheon to your father? Why?"

"I'm not good at handling a long distance relationship." He smiled.

After nearly sunset, he walked me to my mom's room where she healthily laid on her hospital bed. For strong woman like her, it was hurting me saw her laying down helplessly. But she made sure that she would recovery faster. She said, it would be ridiculous if the one whose job as healer should be healed by someobe else. I answered back with doctors are human too, and she slightly hit me. Taehyung made himself in to check on my mom's progress as he sent me and Seokjin out by telling us to go grab something salty since we were already sweet together.

We laughed, happily as Seokjin and I made ourself out from my mom's room. Seokjin walked me, helped me since I couldn't walk properly yet. As much as smile and laugh spread all over my face and how many times I told myself that everything would be okay at the end, I still lied to myself though. I once said 'no' to Jungkook and I did aware of that, not literally said 'no' but my gesture and face expression could show that perfectly.

Once I thought my most difficult double choices was when Mr. Kim had his gun pointed to my head, he gave me two options which basically live or death, and I bravely chose to die so he would save my mom. But actually, the most difficult one was actually when I had Seokjin by my side holding my hands and Jungkook stood up not too far from us with a bouquet of red roses in his hand, staring at me and Seokjin intensely, he smiled eventually walked closer and handed me the flower he brought once he stood exactly in front of me at the hospital's back park.

"I thought you were-"

"Moving away?" I nodded on his statement, "I'm not moving away without saying goodbye."

"How are you?" Seokjin stepped forward to pull the younger one into a tight hug, "I miss you."

"Looking for a new college."

"Where?" Seokjin asked again half worry half curious.

"Somewhere near my old college."

"Why?"

"My old college was too- Let's say full of memories." They laughed.

"I'll go grab something to drink." Seokjin said as we nodded following his cool and large step towards the cafetaria. Being a tall man he was, Seokjin made the scenery more beautiful with him walking deeper to the hospital's park. Jungkook and I took a seat at the nearest bench while Jungkook helped me with the walk and the sit thing.

I found myself unable to speak and unable to see him right into his eyes. I silently slapped my face to not dare taking a slight glance to answer his question about my condition. I just nodded murmuring a little 'fine' while Jungkook seemed like examining my appearance which covered by hospital clothes. I jumped when I heard he said something about I still looked beautiful even with this kind of clothes and that was my first time for the past few weeks could see him in the eyes and smiled.

"Thanks." I could only say that.

"You know, I promised to myself once I settled and found myself a place to stay, I'll come to you again and apologizing properly." He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry. I've put your life in hell, put you in danger, on a nearky-to-death place. I'm sorry."

I smiled, "No one was wrong. I do understand what you felt, what your dad and Seokjin felt, losing someone is always hard, not to mention that person won't coming back alive. I saw this like you were trapped between the 'yes' and 'no'."

"Meaning?"

"You said 'yes' when your father told you and Seokjin to hunt me and my mom down without even thinking about the consequences. The old advice said, 'think twice', 'double check', 'think about it again', to reduce remorse. Regret won't come first, it always comes last."

He stared down smiling, "I know, that's why I'm asking your forgiveness. I also want to meet your mother if that's okay. Well, maybe one day. I'm not ready yet."

"Sure. She would be happy to see you." I smiled.

He stared at me before pulled me into his warm hug, an unusually tight and gentle hug. I hesitantly brought my hands up and hugged him back. Sniffled when I knew his body was shaking prevented himself from crying. He murmured something which I didn't catch clearly so I pulled away from him and asked.

"Sorry, I don't catch that."

He smiled caressed my hand before ruffled my hair gently, "Someone better than me will say it for you instead." He looked over to the dolphin necklace and touched it slightly before brought his hands up to caress my cheek and let his lips rested on my forehead for awhile as I closed my eyes inhaled his sweet yet manly scent.

"Goodbye, Haneul."

Without a warning he stood up and left me staring at him while he waved me goodbye as he walked backwards until he accidently bumped to a nurse who walked behind him. I chuckled when I saw he bowed saying sorry and turnes his shy gaze back to mine, waved again once until he finally sent me his gorgeous back slowly walking towards the exit gate.

I didn't take my eyes off from his back before a large cup of hot tea appeared in front of my eyes. I looked up to see Seokjin was smiling and took a seat beside me as he also stared on my direction so see Jungkook dissapeared behind the gate. He was taking a bus. I brought my eyes back to meet a smiling Seokjin beside me.

"Thank you." I held up my tea as he nodded, "How are you feel? Practically you're far away from your father and your only brother didn't stay with you anymore."

"Lonely, yes. But I'm okay." He took a deep breath, "Why did you care to me, Haneul?"

I raised my eyebrows, "Is there have to be a reason?"

He smiled and I could feel he flustered, "Jungkook loves you."

I nodded knowingly, "But you need more love than Jungkook."

"Why so?"

"Because you're a princess."

He hissed as he stomped cutely, "Seriously, Haneul."

I laughed, "I don't know I just see that. You need definitely more love. You never really stay alone until now."

"How if I don't love you."

"Does it matter?"

"Doesn't it for you?" He asked while put his hand behind my back and caressed it slowly up and down.

"It doesn't."

He smiled while he scooted closer and casually put his hand around my waist while he brought his face closer to mine, "And it would be lie if I don't love you."

"Meaning?" I show him a confuse stare which quickly replaced by a slightly shy eyes because of how close our face were.

"I do love you." His smile cracked and leaned closer, "I. Love. You." He whispered under his breath as his eyes flutterly closed before someone behind us coughed and stopping Seokjin from what he was doing or what he was intend to do.

We both turned around to see Taehyung grinning, "You don't kiss a girl like that, Seokjin."

Seokjin groaned rolling his eyes as he scratched the back of his head while I laughed, "You're not rolling your eyes to your uncle, Seokjin."

"Whatever." Seokjin stood up and helped me to stand up too, "I'll kiss her somewhere else."

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): I'm sorry if this chapter was boring or didn't give you a particular feeling like want to jump off the cliff (please don't actually do that) and Taehyung was just such a cute moment ruiner, disturbing a couple who nearly made their first kiss :'D