EIGHT

Look Here

(Haneul's POV)

I squinted my eyes to be greeted by a dim light room. I closed my eyes for a second before opened it again and realized that I laid on the floor couldn't move as much as usual and felt a little hurt on my back and my head. I groaned feeling my sore throat as I opened my eyes again roamed the room when I caught a bed behind me as I hit my head on its side. I closed my eyes again to hold the pain then opened it again to see picture hanging on the wall in front of me. I blinked my eyes a few times before I could see it clearly, it was a statue of man wore sort of a war mask as if  it was a crown and held a white shield. I couldn't make my mind so I closed my eyes again as I felt my head was burning.

I turned my head to the right to meet another picture of again a statue of man but now with a wings behind his back. Beside it was another picture a bearded one hand man who held along stick with three headed dog stood beside him. For the last picture that I laid my gaze on, I could identify it easily since I knew it since forever, it was Zeus. Wait, Zeus? I forcefully opened my eyes and gasped when I had the clear vision over the four pictures right in front of my very eyes. It was Ares--a man with shield--, Eros--a man with wings--, ans Hades--a bearded man--and all of them were-

"Greek's gods." I mumbled to myself before I heard the door being cracked open so slowly so the man could enter the room in a dramatic way. He made himself walked backlit, I couldn't really saw his face. He sat down on the chair in front of me, leaned back so I could see his face.

"Hello, Haneul. Nice to meet you, again."

I squinted as I looked up tilting my head and gasped, "Mr. Kim?"

"Good you can identify my face that quick remembering you were fainted like a few hours ago."

"What did you do to me?"

"What did I do to you?" He mocked me and laughed right after, "You should ask your mom for that question."

"Mom? Where's my mom?"

"Don't worry. She's in the good hands." He stood up, "Me. The man with good hands is me." He laughed as he made his way to exit the room and I could hear his evil-laugh again.

My eyes were roamed over the pictures again and when I thought about Greek's gods it must be something linked with Seokjin. Jungkook once said when he brought me to LIMOS restaurant that the owner was a Greece geek and had a creepy love towards its myths, the owner was none other than Seokjin. And now with four of Greek's gods pictures above my head I knew whose this room. The door cracked open again and the owner entered the room, rested his on the chair which his dad sat on previously. He lost his cold face which replaced by frowned as if he wanted to cry but held it to death. My eyes were heavy and ready to faint again before he leaned forward and knelt in front of me as he grabbed my shoulder.

"What did you do to me?" I asked him in the same crack tone because of my sore throat.

He closed his eyes before stared back at me, "I don't want to do this but I have to and part of my heart-"

"Want to?" I asked him smiling he just stared at me blankly, "Then tell me, Seokjin. Or kill me."

He frozen.

Flashback two years ago

(Narrator's POV)

Jungkook was running away down to the hallway to get in to one VIP room. He stopped in front of its door, panted and cried. He thought he couldn't handle it alone since Namjoon and Suga had already left because they had to go to school for the next day. But for Jungkook it was his family who really matter today, he could forget and leave school but not his family. The Kim family wasn't his 'real' family, but they had helpes him when Jungkook's real parents abandoned him when he was still in the middle school for a certain reason and loved with Seokjin's family since then.

The Kim family really took a good care of him, even Seokjin treated Jungkook like Seokjin's real brother. When Jungkook heard about the accident that befell to his one and only family, he shocked and angry at the same time. But his anger just raised up to another level, because the mother just breathed her last breath a few minutes ago over some mistakes the doctor did, as Jungkook heard. Jungkook yelled asking the doctor name, even ready to punch one of the nurse. The nurse gave it forcefully. Once Jungkook had the name, he run his head off to deliver the sad news. He opened the door to see Mr. Kim laid helpless but managed to smile when Jungkook came inside and Mr. Kim opened his hands wide. Jungkook took it as he rested and cried on Mr. Kim's embrace.

"I'm okay, kid." He smiled as Jungkook pulled to sit down beside his bed.

"Dad."

"What is it, son? You look so pale."

"Mom is-" Jungkook paused, unable to continue.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She's-" Jungkook couldn't let the last word spit out but he sobbed. Mr. Kim could sense what happened even without Jungkook finished his sentence so Mr. Kim was broke into cry too.

Once Mr. Kim felt a little calm down he asked the young man in front of him, "She didn't make it?"

Jungkook shook his head as he held more tears, "It was one of the doctors' fault."

Mr. Kim paused a bit before felt an anger rushed on his blood to his head and felt a little dizzy right after, "Give me the name."

"It's Jiyeon."

End of flashback

(Haneul's POV)

I found myself hard to breath even my eyes couldn't take a proper look on what I was looking right now, it was kind of blurry. My head felt dizzy after my mom's name being mentioned on Seokjin's story. She just did something that I could never believe she would do that, but maybe that was the true story after all, just maybe. My eyes shuted as I felt someone knelt in front of me and whispered something.

"Now you have to follow me if you want to survive."

"Where's my mom?" That was all that I could only ask as my eyes still closed preventing the pain on my head.

"She at the other room here inside the apartment. But I'll make sure she'll be okay."

"Why did you do this even if you don't want to?"

He paused a bit before let out a deep sigh before helped me to stand, "I don't have any choices."

"You do have options." I said when he paused as he stared at me when I already looked at him, "But you chose the wrong one."

Seokjin put my right hand around his shoulder as he walked me to another room which I didn't know, my eyes were heavy and closed immediately. I woke up by the clicking soubd in front of me. I slowly opened my eyes even my head still hurt and dizzy. I roamed the room when I saw five people around me and when I saw my right side there was laying down a form of familiar body and hair. I took a deep look before realized that was my mom. I hurriedly scooted closer trying to reach her before I felt my hands were already handcuffed from the moment I opened my eyes. I cried as Mr. Kim looked over me and I stared to the shaky eyes Jungkook and the sad face Seokjin who were trying their best to avoid my gaze.

"What did you do to her?" I could speak clearly rather than before.

Mr. Kim bent down and raised up my chin, "None of your bussiness." He smiled before stood up leaving me stared angrily towards him.

"Tell me!" I shouted louder made Mr. Kim turned eventually.

"Your mom killed my wife." He groaned lowering the volume of his voice and immediately sent shiver down to my spine.

I already knew the story because Seokjin told me earlier, "Despite of my mom's fault, can you just forgive her? It has been more than two years anyway."

"Oh so you know?" He asked in surprise before Seokjin nodded when his dad stared at him, "And can my forgiveness for your lovely mother bring my wife back to life?" I paused as brought my blank stare to the floor before he smirked, "Exactly, no."

I took a deep breath before let out something that I've been thinking for the last minute, "Kill me instead."

I could sense even without looking that Seokjin and Jungkook opened their eyes wide ready to object but Mr. Kim already opened the key of his gun, "I gave you two options, since I'm a nice person." I rolled my eyes as he continued, "First, I kill your mom and maybe give you a proper life as a change, because all I want is just her death. Second, I kill you and set your mom free."

"How can I even trust you?"

"I'm a man with his words. Because once I knew my wife died, I promised to myself to find the doctor who was resposible for the death of my wife, hunted the doctor down to fulfill my revenge. And now, look where I'm standing." He said proudly, "I spent my whole year to search about your mother and built a concept of this setting and finally found her and catch her. Once I knew that she was living with her daughter, I thought I could do the same with you too, since you maybe not feel what Seokjin and Jungkook felt when they were losing their mom."

I stared at Seokjin and Jungkook whose head looked down. His words back at the park flashed on my mind and I felt tears began to form at the corner of my eyes, "I hate you." I said.

"I hate you first." He smirked.

"Just shoot me already."

"So you already pick your choice? Are you sure?"

"Yes." I answered confidently.

"Sweetheart, you still can say 'no' and live with us. I just want this woman to die."

...when I faced the double options, I always put my mind in a badass mode. Even everyone say I made a mistake, I never thought that as a mistake, but as my own choice of life, the choice is to live the life in my way...

...and I chose to die...

"I said yes." I determined.

"Alright then." He pointed the gun towards me before I looked down and closed my eyes ready to face my death, "Say goodbye to your mom."

As he ready to pull the trigger, suddenly the sound of the door being slammed open was echoed and we all saw towards the sweating man who just entered the room, panted gasping for air, hard to breth.

"Stop it, Hyung! It wasn't her fault. It was my wife's fault!"

I mumbled the person's name as I stared at him in disebelief, "Taehyung-ssi?"

To be continued

 

(A/N): I'm so sorry for lacking of Jungkook and Seokjin here. The next chapter will tell you everything about the whole situation, like really everything :) So, make sure to wait and read after I post the next chapter. By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of my dear readers! I hope 2016 will better than 2015. I wish you all the best <3