FIRST

Look Here

I reflected myself to a little girl whose habit run circling the park every Saturday afternoon and chased after her father. Her black hair would swing back everytime the wind flew them. I literally abandoned my book which placed on my lap because of her. Not because of her white skin, nor her beautiful face, but because of her father, a man figure that I would never have for the past 15 years in my life. My father left me and my mother 15 years ago, when I was 5 years old. But thanks to my parents' divorce I could identify which one was a true gentleman and which one was an untrue gentleman. My father left my mom because of the appearance of another woman.

I closed my book and stood up when I was thinking I had enough of the view and didn't forget to give the little girl my usual waved and my usual bowed to her father. Either he knew I was looking at them after a 17 minutes long drive or he was just thought I loved the park so much, well obviously it was the first point. I hopped in to my car as I the engine and my mom called just in time. 6.00 p.m. in the afternoon.

"Mom?"

"I have two urgent patients waiting for me. Will you be fine have a dinner alone?"

My mom was a doctor, a gooddamn doctor. She was true example of erudite human being, "Go. I'll just take one at the nearest dine on my way home. I'll be fine."

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

"That's okay, Mom. Good luck with your job." I hung up first before I drove away.

The door was ding open and thd waiter greeted me as I smiled and sat down at the bar. He handed me a menu book when I finished scan the whole room, looking for nothing just to make sure I wasn't alone. I smiled when I saw one by one person entered the restaurant and made a little crowded around me. I ordered my favorite dinner, spaghetti and meatballs with a nice and cold lemon beverage, in order to maintain my body shape.

The first spoon of my spaghetti was succeed to make me forget that the next two days was my first day at college. I've been acceptrd at my favorite college taking my most wanted major un movie department. Many people said I should follow my mom's path to become a doctor, but it was my life and other people never have a chance to control what I want to do, because I wanted to live the life on my way.

"I've never see you around here, Miss." The waiter said as he put down a glass of fresh lemonade in front of me.

"I always come to the park every Saturday afternoon."

"But never give a time to come here?" He teased me in friendly way.

I nodded chuckling, "Is this restaurant famous or what?"

"Actually, yes." He nodded toughtfully.

"Oh?" I stunned and put my apologizing face as obvious as possible.

He nodded, "Where are you from?"

"Seoul."

His eyes opened wide,"Seoul? That's quite far."

I nodded, "17 minutes drive."

"Visit a friend or just visit a park?"

"Visit a park." I smiled.

"Just a park?"

I nodded again and smiling before someobe called him. His name was Jongin from what I've heard. He mumbled a 'sorry' before dissapeared behind the kitchen. He had a friendly way to talk and good manner too, so I was willingly to have a small talk with him. He was a good boy after all. I continued to inhale my food as the sun slowly set back to its place replaced by a beautiful shining moon. I looked over my handwatch and it was already 8.00 p.m. I took a glance over four plates and two empty glasses in front of my eyes. I ordered three desserts and another glass of fresh lemonade. Foods always makes me happy, I'm not gonna lie. No wonder why this restaurant was famous, everything was served perfectly and tasted delicious.

I received the bill and paid before turning around ready to leave and appearantly I bumped into someone's shoulder. Slightly, really slightly. I even bowed down to say sorry but this person didn't bug and still cornered his eyes towards me in annoying way. I straighten my body and caught his displeased face.

"What? I said sorry." This person was really annoying. Didn't get his answer I started to talk again, "Look, Sir. I didn't destroy your shoulder. I just bumped into it slightly, slightly. I'm sorry." When I was ready to leave by the door he grabbed my hand and faced me. He faced me completely.

"Look here." He said so I was looking up to meet his eyes eventually, "Do it properly."

"What?" I shrugged slapping his hand away, "I apologized."

"With a cocky tone."

"A cocky-" I threw my hands into the air, "Sir, I-"

"And don't call me 'Sir'. I'm not that old."

"Whatever. I'm sorry, okay? I even bowed down. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Goodbye." I said as I made my way to my car. I looked over the restaurant and saw his cold face still looking at me directly. He was a creepy man.

I arrived at my front apartment a few minutes later and my mom wasn't home yet. I threw my apartment's key to the nearest coffee table before flopped down to the couch lazily switched the TV channel, stopped when Disney's Princess came up and I straighten my body excitedly.

I'm sure I was too absorbed with the movie because my mom had to tap my had a few times before I turned my head and she was smiling, "You're almost 20 and still watching that?" She sat beside me and kissed my forehead.

"Yes, doctor." I said playfully.

"I'm sorry, Haneul." She pouted.

"Mom, I said you a million times, it's okay. I'm 20 and I'm old enough even if you let me stay alone here. Leaving me for dinner alone was actually my usual activity and I'm getting used to it." I smiled.

"I'm sorry I never brought you to holiday or something because of my job."

"Yeah, I hate that. That's why I never want to become a doctor." I chuckled as she laughed.

"Let's have a dinner next Saturday night."

"Just the two of us or any particular occasion?"

She smiled shyly and I hit her shoulder playfully as I said 'tell me' in unpatiently way, "Not particular event just want to introduce you to someone."

"Special?" I played my eyebrows up and down.

"Kinda."

"Kinda?" I teasingly nugged her elbow.

She chuckled, "Sorta."

I laughed, "Alright, I'll make time. Single?"

She nodded toughtfullt, "Single with one son."

"Can I have his son?"

"Be my guest." She laughed.

I didn't want to ask her any further since I already knew what's the best for her meaning she was the only one who knew. I was happy just to see her jumping around despite of how old she was and her a little dangerous job. She was alone for 15 years and I thought it was about time for her to look for another prince charming, her knight, a new husband. She told me he's a widow with a son, so what? Nothing wrong with that.

 

My mom insisted to drive me to my college since it was my first day, she said. I couldn't refuse since I also have a little too early anxiety about my first day and couldn't grab the steering wheel. Even I asked my mom to pick me up again when I finished with my schedules, and she said 'yes' immediately, of course if she didn't have any urgent job. My mom waved me goodbye left me alone admiring the luxurious building right in front of my very eyes. I fixed my backpack before start walking towards the building and ready to enter as I silently being thankful.

I asked for administration room to grab my schedule as one of my beautiful senior lead me and even guided me to the administration room. After said a 'thank you' I entered the administration room. I receivedmy schedule and looked over it as I exited the room before someone bumped my shoulder. Hard, really hard. I looked up and caught a familiar annoying face. He talked as I just opened my mouth.

"The world is so small." He sighed.

"I can say the same." I said in same mocking tone. He was the man that bumped me back at the restaurant two days ago.

He squinted his eyes and stole a glance over my schedule, "Junior."  He chuckled.

I quickly flipped my schedule card so he couldn't look at it anymore, "Excuse you."

He smirked still in cold face, "Excuse you, you're on my way."

"Apologize first." I said.

"Move. You don't know me."

"Cocky bastard." I said as I walked and bumped his shoulder once again in purpose.

"You're just say something unbelievably nice to your senior." He said suddenly and put a high tone when he said 'nice' and 'senior'.

I stopped without turning my body.

Senior?

 

To be continued