Two

Don't be happy

Past

The next time they met up was two days after their first meeting. Daesung was bored to death at work when he received a text from Seunghyun. Seeing his text already made his boring day better.

'Are you free today?'

'Why? What's up?'

'Nothing. Just feeling down and wanted to have someone to cheer me up.'

'Coffee?'

'Dinner?'

'Good. I'm starving. Where?'

'I'll pick you up then we can decide on the location. Seven?'

'Yup.'

Daesung waited by the roadside as Seunghyun pulled up in his black Porsche. He whistled low as he entered the car.

"Nice ride! So, where are we heading?"

"What would you like to eat?"

"Your choice. I'm fine with anything."

"Ok, no protesting wherever I'm bring you then."

"Yes sir. Oh my gosh, you sound like you're bringing a girl out for a date."

"Maybe I am." Seunghyun replied smoothly.

Daesung had no words to retort. He couldn't read his expression. Was he joking? Was he serious? Was he upset? He did text Daesung earlier on that he was in a bad mood. Maybe that was it.

He saw a pair of Ray Ban's on the dashboard and he immediately took a liking to it.

"Can I try it?" He asked gesturing to the glasses. "I've always wanted a pair of Ban's but could never find it in myself to splurge on them."

"Go ahead." Seunghyun glanced at him as he tried it on. It suits him better. He decided. "You can have them. You look good. I won't take no for an answer."

"Well then, thank you very much!" He said with a bow and a grin so wide, it almost split his face.

They arrived at the mall.

"There. Coffee, restaurants and karaoke all in one place."

"Karaoke?"

"You did say you liked singing right? Well, maybe I do too. Let's go after dinner. Come on, I'm starving."

Seunghyun brought Daesung to a Italian restaurant. There, they shared a wonderful dinner and conversations, not unlike close friends despite the short time they've only known each other for. Seunghyun shared what was troubling him and Daesung listened. As Seunghyun talked more to Daesung, he felt happier, the other's cheerful demeanor and bright smile really just lightens his dark mood.

After dinner, they went to the karaoke. To each other's surprise, they were well-versed with what they did even though neither was professional. Seunghyun was very impressed and mostly listened to that mesmerizing voice instead of participating. He made a mental note to pull some connections so as to get Daesung an audition. He had faith that the boy will make it big if given the chance.

 

~~~

 

Present

Seunghyun entered the YG building but he froze at the entrance. Daesung was walking in the opposite direction. He was wearing sunglasses in the building and so was Daesung. He had wore it to cover his swollen eyes caused by too much crying from the previous night. It had been five days since their break up.

Had he been crying too? 

I'm sorry my love, I'm sorry.

Daesung had froze in his steps too when he noticed Seunghyun.

"Good morning Mr. Choi. Hope you and your girlfriend are doing well." It sounded spiteful. Those hurtful words came out of his mouth but he smiled even though it seemed tense and sad.

I'm not. I'm doing far worse than you think I am. I don't have a girlfriend.

"Good morning Daesung. I'm doing better than you think I am. Have a good day." He said instead. He could not bring himself to smile at the man he so deeply loved when he said what he did. He hoped Daesung caught onto the fact that he never mentioned anything about a girlfriend.

His arms itched to hold the beautiful boy close. His eyes burned from all those tears shed for days and more to come but he held it in.

Daesung brushed by his arm as he walked past him and instinctively, Seunghyun grabbed hold of it. He looked at Daesung's face but could not read it as Daesung was wearing his sunglasses. His sunglasses, that pair of Ray Ban's. Tears welled up in his eyes as the memory flashed in his mind.

"Take care." I missed you. "Bye." Please… Just once, one more hug, one more kiss…

He lets go of Daesung's arm.

"Bye, Mr. Choi."

As Daesung left, he dare not look back because if he did, he'd be kneeling and begging for Daesung to take him back. He couldn't risk breaking the promise he made. He reminds himself again that it is for Daesung's welfare.

Seunghyun raised a hand to wipe off the single stray drop of tear rolling down his cheek.

 

~~~

 

He's just infront of the entrance, standing there, looking straight at Daesung. At that moment, Daesung was grateful for wearing a pair of sunglasses, so that Seunghyun couldn't see his eyes swollen from crying and dark eye rings from lack of sleep.

He didn't mean to sound so spiteful but seeing Seunghyun immaculately dressed was like adding salt to his wound.

It's not fair that I have to bear this burden alone.

Mr. Choi, he hates that he has to call Seunghyun that. It's like they have become enemies. No more pet names, no more familiarity left between them.

Then Seunghyun grabbed his arm. So he steels himself and looked back defiantly.

Don't touch me, I'll break. But he didn't say that.

Just let me survive you. But he didn't say that.

He saw in Seunghyun's glasses' reflection and realized that it was that pair of Ban's. He regrets that he wore it. He should have packed it along with all the rest of Seunghyun's belongings.

He willed himself to walk away when Seunghyun lets go of him but he felt shaky, weak. He looked back.

He saw Seunghyun raise a hand to his face and walked off without so much as a glance back.

What he saw then, was a heartless bastard.

Even then, he was incapable of hating him.

 

 

 


 

I'm so not good with details....