Eleven

Don't be happy

  

It had been a week since Daesung was discharged from the hospital. He doesn't need to be pushed around in a wheelchair anymore, physical therapy had improved his strength to where he can move around with crutches. However, that didn't stop Seunghyun from babying him.

To the point that he was getting a little irritable.

'I mean, he walks me to the toilet, waits till I'm done and then walks me back to bed?' He complained to Youngbae on the phone, Youngbae being the only who consistently calling to check up on him and keeping him entertained.

Other than Seunghyun.

'Daesung ah, isn't so sweet of him?'

'Oh, did I mention that the toilet is IN MY ROOM?'

'He's just really caring, okay?' Although the amusment in his voice gave him away.

'He's home, I got to go. Bye hyung.'

He's home, huh. Youngbae thought. Daesung, without realising had let Seunghyun back into his heart once more. Home. That is what Seunghyun means to Daesung. Maybe he hasn't realise it himself but Youngbae could see that Daesung was most definitely conscious of Seunghyun.

 

~~~

 

There's been a few flashback here and there. Things that bring forth a warmth in his chest. Small adorable things that Seunghyun used to do in the past. Things like leaving a note on his pillow so that when Daesung wakes up, he would see it.

He would write sappy rhymes like,

 

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Your smile is perfect,
I love you!

 

Or

 

Everyone is looking for that someone,
I have found my someone,
And I'll be that someone for you,
Will you come find me soon?
Bring my cup of coffee too.

 

Daesung recalled the first time when they had met. His heart was pounding when the older man had came up and asked to be friends. He played it cool but if Seunghyun had looked closer, he would see that his hands trembled ever so slightly when he handed his number to the older man.

There are many things he remembered. Sometimes it come as a headache and a flashback, sometimes it would come when he's asleep. When that happens he doesn't know how but he knew which ones were dreams and which ones were real.

He remembered the stolen kisses, secret glances in public and times when they behaved boldly in the comfort of home. He remembered the times when he wooed the Seunghyun and the older man doing the same in turn, times when they were together and when work took those away.

"I'm home!" That baritone voice rang out.

That voice, he knew he would never get tired of listening to it. It was a full-bodied like honey, smooth and thick.

"Welcome back, Seunghyun hyung."

Bags were dropped carelessly onto the floor with Seunghyun in a haste to get to the hobbling creature making his way into the living room. Shoes were flung aside and he practically ran over to his damsel, who did not seem to be in any form of distress, supported him under the arms and sat him down on the couch.

"For the umpteen time, hyung, I am capable of moving myself around." Daesung chastised the older man.

"But what if you trip and fall?"

"Don't be such a worrywart. You're always like that."

"Always?"

"Did I say always?"

"You did. Did you get your memories back?"

"Not at all." He lied.

Truth is he didn't want to get too close to Seunghyun yet, he had a feeling something bad had happened between them and he was cautious.

Seunghyun went about setting the table for dinner, placing boxes of take out onto plates and boiling water for tea.

He felt guilty for feeding Daesung take outs all the time but he really can't cook well and there's no way he's going to let his beloved eat lousy food.

Helping the younger to the table, he spreads his arm out sweeping across the table, introducing the dishes for dinner.

"We're having curry and braised pork today!"

 


"We're having curry and braised pork today." Seunghyun announced the moment Daesung stepped into the house.

There he was, standing proudly beside the dinning table. "I cooked."

"I see. I suppose you fought a lone battle while I was at work?" Daesung teased with an eyebrow raised.

"Me against the whole army of pork. God, not to mention they had the back up of chicken." Seunghyun replied with mock exaggeration.

"Poor baby." The younger placed a peck on his cheek, caressing it after his lips left.

They sat opposite each other at the table, Seunghyun staring intently at the other, waiting to see his reaction.

Tentively taking a bite of the braise pork, Daesung chewed and swallowed with much difficulty, taking gulps of his tea.

"It's… It's unique, Seunghyun." Choosing his words carefully.

Taking a bite himself, Seunghyun almost choked. The pork was too hard, the sauce too salty and the burnt taste evident.

"It's horrible! Don't eat anymore. I'm going to call for delivery."

Immediately, he took out his phone and called the familiar number, placing order for braise pork and curry from their favorite restaurant.

"I'm a bad cook." The older man lamented as he hung up the call.

"You're a bad cook." The younger man agreed, nodding his head thoughtfully.

And they both laughed at Seunghyun's blunder.

 


"Daesung… Daesung!" He faintly heard his name being called.

He focused his gaze onto Seunghyun.

"You're a bad cook." He muttered before everything turned black.

 

~~~

 

Even though the doctor had told him Daesung was fine and had fainted due to his brain had exhuasted itself, he was worried.

And afraid.

What if he remembered and decides to leave again?

"Hyung…?"

"Go to sleep. The doctor says you need a lot of rest."

His heart was guarded, guarded against the past, mistakes that could be used as weapons to attack his already wounded heart.

He stood up from the bed but something prevented him from leaving the room. That something was a hand, a hand holding onto his shirt. Seunghyun turned and saw a slient plead from those small eyes.

"Hyung, no, Seunghyun, don't go. Stay. Please."

The words kept repeating in his mind. It caused him to perspire, forgetting to breathe and his heart pounded, threatening to burst out of his chest.

The hand tugged again at his shirt and this time Seunghyun sat down obediently.

"Kiss me. Kiss me like you used to." This wasn't a plead, it was a demand, a reconciliation initiate by the younger.

Seunghyun accepts the invitation.

Brushing those long bangs away from the cherubic face, he slowly moved closer.

Eye closing as was the distance between the two of them, breaths mingling, skin contact sending tingles through their bodies. At the first gentle touch of their lips, they pulled back a little only to press them together with more force.

This was as natural as life itself.

That night, Seunghyun slept in his own bed for the first time since Daesung came back and in his arms. For the first time, he held his lover to sleep since Daesung came back.

 

~~~

 

For six long weeks, his arm and leg were casted, finally they were removed four days ago. It took some effort but Daesung could now walk on his own freely with a crutch without Seunghyun fretting.

Convincing the older man to let him go back to his own apartment took more work than learning to use his injured leg.

What finally got through Seunghyun was a bottle of aged wine, chocolates and a promise of the finest dessert that only he would be able to savor.

When he turned the corner approaching the junction, a vision flashed acrossed his mind.

 

"I think I'm in love with you."

"Be mine, Daesung, mine alone and I'll be yours."

 

Just as it finishes, another flashback.

 

They stood at the junction but it was not him in Seunghyun's embrace.

 

When he opened his eyes, tears were running down his cheeks.

His heart was breaking. Again.

 

~~~

 

Seunghyun was worried and angry. Daesung hadn't been back for two days. He knew that the younger man needed space but no text or calls? There was no replies to the numerous texts he sent, his calls weren't picked up either.

Should he go look for Daesung?

It was thundering outside. The sounds of raindrops pitter-pattering on the windos echoed through the empty house. Maybe he'll go after the thunderstorm.

He lay in bed but sleep would not come. Staring at the portrait of his angel, all he could think about was Daesung.

Daesung.

Daesung.

Daesung.

The doorbell rang, interrupting his thoughts.

Opening the door, Daesung stood right in front of him, drenched from head to toe. His eyes were swollen, he was wearing the same clothes from two days ago. He was a mess.

"I remember everything. You broke up with me. I know it was in the past but I couldn't get over the heartache. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep." Daesung spoke, refusing to enter the house until he gets everything off his chest.

'He must have been crying.' This was what Seunghyun feared, still, he held his slience and waited.

The agony was apparent on Daesung's face.

But then, he smiled.

"I came back because I missed you. I missed you when you were not with me. I miss you even though you are right in front of me. I miss you, Choi Seunghyun."

It seemed heaven had opened its door for Seunghyun.

"I was going to say yes, Seunghyun. I was going to take you back after I had settled things with my parents. I was going to say yes."

Daesung had come home.

 


 

I apologize for the super long delay in updating.