Fourteen

Don't be happy

  

The day before flying off to Japan, Daesung decided that it's finally time to pay them a visit. He had dragged till the last minute, his fear getting the best of him.

Seunghyun had been pestering him to do so for the past week. It was annoying, yet he couldn't be angry with his lover, in the first place, he was the one who brought this up.

Now, the both of them stood outside the house that killed the timid Daesung.

The cowardly Daesung died back then.

Now stood in his place was a same yet different Daesung. One who is now brave enough to able to declare his love for Seunghyun in front of his friends. One who, despite all the pain and mistakes, was strong enough to take a step forward and bridge the gap in their broken relationship.

The him now, has the courage to stand up for himself, for his beliefs.

He held the hand by his side, garnering courage from his lover, although he abandoned him once but never left. Together, they approached the house, somehow feeling bigger and darker than before, the shadow cast by the sunlight loomed over them. The door was the only thing seperating them and the ones living inside the house. The amount of pressure having to confront Daesung's parents again was quite overwhelming.

But the sooner they end this, the better.

The door opened the man who appeared greeted them with open disdain.

"Father." Daesung greeted the man curtly.

"Why are you here?" The question was
directed at Seunghyun.

"He came because I told him to." Daesung retorted. "And I came to look for mom. Since you don't care about me."

"Watch your mouth, boy." His father warned.

"Fu..." He would have continued had his mother not appeared in time. He might have gotten another beating. His mom...

Wrapping his arms around the smaller woman, he squeezed, eliciting laughter from the both of them. Daesung truly missed his mother.

Happiness at the reunion didn't last long. The man stood close by, scowling.

Daesung pulled away from his mother, steeling himself, he gave them a piece of his mind. Mostly to his father. "Mom, FATHER, the accident change me. I saw my memories as if I were a third party. I saw everything clearly. I saw what was right and what was wrong. I will not let you control me anymore. I am no longer the docile and frightened boy I was before and I will live my life as I deem fit. By that, I mean Seunghyun and my career as a singer."

His father laughed scornfully. "You think that I will let you? Do you think that God will let you?"

" you..." He muttered under his breath.

"Speak up, boy. I can't hear you."

"I said SHUT THE UP!" Daesung's control was slipping by the second. No, he was livid, judging by the shade of red his face, the flaring of his nostrils and his teary eyes. "Would you be happier had I died that day? Then believe that I did. You make me feel unwanted, unloved." He turned to his mother, his vioce becoming apologetic, "I'm sorry, mom. You chose to follow father, then forget that I ever existed. I wouldn't be happy if you got abused because of me." Turning back to his father, anger bubbled inside of him. "Just because you are my parent, I'm not suing for the incident." He said 'incident', not 'accident' because it wasn't.

"You ungrateful bastard..." He lifted up a hand, moving to inflict punishment for disobedience.

Daesung flinched, arms up in defense position, shielding his face.

The pain never came.

He peeked from between his arms.

Seunghyun had caught his father's hand in midair.

"Don't touch MY Daesung. I'll take him since you obviously don't want him." Seunghyun stared down at the shorter man, his stance threatening and the man cowered. "And if he goes to hell, rest assured that I will be there with him."

Gathering his lover into his arms, he continued, resentful towards the man who treated his lover like trash. "You don't even feel remorseful for almost killing your own son, so I guess we will see you there too, hypocrite."

They left the house then, only looking back to bid Daesung's mother goodbye.

"Goodbye Mrs Kang, do come and visit."

Mrs Kang only nodded as she watched her son and his boyfriend walk away, secretly happy that his son had someone who stood up for him, who treated his son like the gem he was. That and a little regretful that she wasn't able to protect her baby the same way.

If only she had a stronger resolve...

----

"Nervous?"

The younger man rolled his eyes as he continued to rub his hands together and pace around the waiting room. "Yes, Mr. Obvious."

"If you keep walking around like that, you'll be all tired out before the concert starts." Seunghyun glanced at the clock, an idea popping up in his mind. He grabbed the younger man's hand and pulled him out of the room. "You have an hour to go, we have to move fast."

"Where are we going?" Daesung asked, puzzled by seunghyun's abruptness.

"The handicap toilet downstairs. No one uses it." Seunghyun winked at him. "No time to waste. Hurry."

Daesung finally caught up with the naughty idea that Seunghyun had cooked up in his mind. "Just so you know, I will need to dance later?"

"Don't worry, I will make sure you still can perform later." Said Seunghyun, his lips.

 


Very short chapter~ Sorry... 

Anyways, I wanted the father to repent but seems like the story doesn't flow well that way when I tried? So, Next chapter will be the end of this~