Thirteen

Don't be happy

 

"Move it people! Why are the streamers still only halfway done? Are the balloons up yet? Seunghyun just texted me that they will be here in twenty minutes!" President Yang screamed, shooting orders left and right. "Are you sure the cake is gluten free? What the crap is gluten anyway?!"

Seunghyun had called up Yang the night before and leaked the news of Daesung planning to return to YG the next morning secretly to surprise him. Yang, however, managed to coax him into cahoots.

Their beloved smiling angel was coming home.

Over a dozen members of YG were gathered to form a task force, they had less than twelve hours to put together a surprise party.

"We'll have a pool party. And he's very health conscious, so be careful of your food choices." Were the only rules that Yang had set.

Bottles of water, wine and beers now occupied a third of the long table, a two tiered gluten free chocolate cake in the middle and dishes of non fried food spreading across the remaining space. The air was cool and still at the indoor swimming pool area in the Yg building. Everyone got in position when they received news that the two men were on the way up.

 

___

 


"I thought we were going to the president's office? Why are we stopping here?" A very puzzled Daesung asked.

"I have something for you. That's why we're here."

The shouts and cheers of over two dozen people shocked Daesung as they opened the door and he jerked away in fright.

"Yah, Daesungie. Shouldn't you be happy to see us?" Yang spoke in his signature nasal voice, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Still dazed over the initial shock, the warm hand on shoulders calmed his nerves significantly. "I am. I just need to get my heartbeat back to its normal rate."

Yang chuckled, secretly relieved that the accident hadn't change the boy. Sliding his his arm over Daesung's shoulder, he guided the boy through the door, into the many warm hugs and well wishings of all those present.

Jiyong and Youngbae were amongst the crowd, both men more than thrilled to have Daesung back.

"Why didn't you tell us you were coming back today?" Jiyong said accusingly, albeit in a joking manner. He ruffled the younger's silky hair, eliciting a yelp from him. "Not the hair, hyung!"

"Good to have you back, we missed you." Youngbae said, clapping a hand on his shoulder. "Me too, we've only been able to talk on the phone." Daesung replied, returning the gesture.

After all ruckus died down, Daesung waved his arms in the air, getting everyone's attention.

"I have something to announce. First off, I am eternally thankful for what everyone had done for me. However, I need everybody to keep an open mind before I announce the second news." He took in a deep breath, calming himself momentarily, for what he was going to do next could potentially ruin him.

The atmosphere was hush and tense, anticipating his next words.

"I'm in a relationship." He admitted.

Murmurings began to stir amongst members of the YG family.

"With a man." He continued.

The entire room fell into silence, bathed in anxious reticence, as if the many who wanted to express their opinions dared not.

The one who broke the silence was none other than Seunghyun himself.

"It's me..." Those two words he managed to get out before Daesung covered his mouth with a hand to shush him.

But the damage had been done.

"How long has this been going on? Do you know if this news get out, it can ruin your reputation?" Though he sounded calm, people who knew Yang knew that the high pitched voice meant that he was angry or upset.

"Over four years, sir." Seunghyun replied, his tone confronting, daring Yang to deny them. A proud expression adorn his face, empowered by Daesung's show of courage coming out to this many people.

"Daesungie's been with us for over four years. You mean to tell me that..." Yang lets his words trail off, however its meaning obvious.

"Yes, sir."

"So you both had been lying to us?"

"We didn't lie, nobody asked." Seunghyun said. "Daesung was only asked if he had a GIRLFRIEND during interviews. He didn't, I'm his BOYFRIEND."

Yang pinched the bridge of his nose, eyes closed and deep in thoughts.

The silence enveloping the room was deafening.

"This is a serious matter. In our country, same- relationships are frowned upon. I'm not unsupportive, we just don't need this to leak out to the public." He finally said. "Everyone here will keep this secret, we will talk about this in due time. But for now, please do not waste our efforts. Let's continue the party."

They walked back into the crowd with Seunghyun's arm boldly wrapped around Daesung's waist, proudly declaring the younger man as his.

"Why the hell would you do that, Seunghyun?"

"What?"

"Tell everyone that you are my boyfriend."

"But I am."

"I was supposed to take the fall, not you."

"Am I not in this relationship?"

"God, you're impossible." Daesung said exasperated.

"Babe, look, we're in this together. For me, it's Titanic; you jump, I jump."

"So sappy. What do I do with you?" Though he sighed and shook his head, Daesung still chuckled. His boyfriend was absurd.

His boyfriend was absurdly cute.

His train of thought did not travel far as he was suddenly scooped off his feet and dumped unceremoniously into the cold water. 

"Hey!" He yelled only to be splashed with more water. Seunghyun had been kicked into the water by the two evil buddies who are now laughing away crazily.

That too, did not last long as they were pushed into the pool by other members.

The pool was soon filled, the party moving into the water, leaving Yang alone.

"What about that damned gluten free cake?"

 

---

 

It was decided that Daesung will continue with his final concerts in the following month, giving him a month to prepare.

Members of YG had slowly gotten used to the two lovebirds, though from time to time they do receive some hateful comments. Men mostly, hurled hurtful words like 'faggots' their way, they've always ignored those.

Ladies, however, were much more accepting. Sometimes, they squeal with delight, watching the two fine male specimens display even the slightest sign of affection.

Having lunch together after Daesung's practices had become a norm, so had Jiyong and Youngbae's presence.

Today was no different.

"So how come I didn't know about you both getting back together ?" Jiyong inquired curiously.

"If you hadn't been so infatuated in that Panda of a new trainee, you would have noticed." Youngbae retorted.

Seunghyun and Daesung, on the other hand, seemed as if they were in their own world. Stealing glances at each other and giggling like little kids keeping secrets from the adults.

"Eww... Make them stop, Bae. I'm losing my appetite fast." Jiyong complained, making a gagging action.

"Ji, be nice. When you have your Panda dancing on the palm of your hand, you're gonna be exactly like this, maybe worse." Youngbae said nonchalantly. "But, seriously guys, can you please tone yourselves down. Everyone is going to know that you had a wild night. We ARE trying to eat here."

Daesung flushed a bright red, earning a mischievous smirk from the outrageously handsome man opposite him.

It was a heady feeling, how a look could send his heart thumping wildly, how a simple graze of skin to skin could make him want the man across him so bad.

It convinced Daesung that being in love was the cause of this giddiness.

That he was right where he should be.

That they could weather any storm that crossed their path.

 

 


 

I apologise for any mistakes, I am not one for proofreading~

 

*I've done a little editing after a mistake had been pointed out to me.