Chapter Six

Forever Yours

AN: I don't own anything. Please comment and/or upvote if you like the story. Thank you.


Will I always be alone?

Not always. I will be there, Dara-ssi.

I will be there, Dara.

But no one really ever was.

No one ever likes nightmares…they remind you too much of what you wish would never happen- or what you wish never did.


Dara lurched up, gasping, clutching at her chest with wild eyes as her dream threatened to become a reality. Her sister slept on beside her, blissfully unaware.

"God," she breathed, brushed her hair out of her eyes. Fighting to control her heartbeat, she resisted the urge to turn on the bedside lamp, knowing that it would wake Bom.

"Dara?"

in her breath harshly, the dark haired girl turned to see her father standing in the doorway, worry in his gaze. Knowing that worry was something Park Hyun Suk rarely showed made the situation seem so much more urgent.

Not trusting her voice, she worked to clear the unshed tears desperately. She forced a smile. "Ne, Daddy?"

He came by the bed and brushed a rare gentle hand over her locks. "Come, Santokki, let's get something to drink."

Park Hyun Suk had no idea what to say to females. For the reputed Wolf of Busan, women might as well be an entirely different species.

But this was his daughter. His baby. And whatever problem or whatever person was bothering her, he would solve.

Or kill it, either one.

Listening to the still silence as he filled a cup from the pot, he struggled for words. God knew that whatever Park Hyun Suk was famous for- it certainly wasn't his eloquence.

She cupped her hands around the hot glass as he handed to her, breathing in the steam. For a few moments they did not speak, the only sound being the quiet 'ting' of her spoon hitting the sides of the cup.

He did not like this silence. "Dara, what's troubling you?"

Startled, she looked up. "Papa?"

He smirked as he reached into his robe's pocket. "What? Can't a father be concerned about his daughter? Besides, your mother is…er…shall we say a little upset with me at the moment. I heard you wake from the couch."

She looked on with amusement as her father looked guiltily around before placing a thin cigarette between his teeth and lighting it with skill that could only come from experience.

Catching her grin, he scowled lightly before lapsing into silence once more.

"Bad dream?"

The light mood was ruined.

Shaking her head slightly, she looked away, her eyes unseeing. "The worst."

"Uh…do you…want to…" Hyun Suk nearly scowled again, stopped himself in time. He figured that he would have to sit down for this. "Want to…talk about it?"

Eun-ju would have laughed out loud at the miserable expression on her husband's face.

Dara did not notice. She continued to stare at something slightly out of reach.

"Papa, do you believe in…past lives?"

His face didn't change, but his shoulders stiffened. "What makes you ask?"

Her laugh sounded forced even to her ears, and she gave up. "Just…something that came up, I suppose."

"It sounds serious, Santokki."

She shrugged and continued to stir her cooling tea. "Just a bad dream, Papa. Nothing to worry about" Standing, she brushed a light kiss over his brow and smiled softly.

"Besides, there is no such thing as past lives or voices from the past, ne?"

He kept his sardonic smile as he squeezed her hand. "Aa, Tokki. Who believes in such nonsense?"

He watched his daughter leave the room, a thoughtful frown apparent on his face.

"Who indeed?" he murmured to himself, breathing in the tangy smoke.

He smirked at the pathetic figure, though not without sympathy. The legendary assassin, sat with his head bowed, his bangs hiding his face.

The body of the girl G-Dragon loved was being taken off of the floor. Unfortunately, he mused, this time it wasn't one of Lee Soohyuk’s goons' doing.

Hyun Suk showed a rare grimace at the sight of the girl's body. A pity.

This time there would be no coming back.

For the Dragon as well? He turned back to see him, but the once imposing figure had failed to move one inch form his spot in the room's corner.

Clearing his throat, he made his way past the other officers to the former assassin.

"G-Dragon."

"Leave me be."

The officer raised an eyebrow thoughtfully. "G-Dragon."

"I said leave me be."

"You're pathetic."

He saw the Dragon stiffen, but he continued softly, knowing that his words had hit a tender wound. "You were a fool to think that you could have waited forever to tell her. Even more so to think that you would be able to protect her from afar."

G-Dragon looked up, and even the jaded officer had to stop himself form taking a step back.

There was no one emotion in his erratic gaze. Pain and sorrow warred with anger and self-disgust, the anguished brown fighting with the passionate amber.
G-Dragon looked like he was going to be torn apart.

"Leave me BE."

Knowing when a man was hurting, the Wolf of Busan backed away for once in his life. As he turned, he looked back, battling with himself.

"Hey…In the next life, G-Dragon, if there is one…perhaps then you will find happiness. And learn from your mistakes."

"Now, that's something I haven't thought about in a long time."

He stubbed out his cigarette, not without regret, and opened the window briefly as he buried the evidence in the trash. Damned woman had a nose like a bloodhound.

He walked to the door, planning on sneaking into the bedroom to reclaim his side of the bed. Pausing at the switch, he turned to look at something that wasn't there.

"Have you learned from your mistakes, G-Dragon?" he asked the silent kitchen.

He turned the light off, bathing the room in darkness.

Have you, assassin? This time around…this time around you might not get another chance.


If I fail you, would you trust me again?

Would you trust me again…Dara…with your heart?