Chapter One

Forever Yours

Author’s Note: I don’t own anything. Loosely based on one of my favorite stories.

/thoughts/

Brown eyes twinkled with merriment as the girl ran across the freshly cut grass of the campus. Enjoying the feel of her long black braid flying behind her, she turned and stuck out her tongue at her two lagging sisters, who in turn rolled their eyes collectively.

"Bom, watch out!" Dara cried out a warning too late. The eldest Park sister gasped in shock as she collided into a hard wall of…stone?

/ But stone doesn't grunt…/

She looked up. And nearly died.

"Ah! I'm so sorry," she shrieked, bowing hurriedly to the boy she had crashed into. "It's nothing," he assured her, flat brown eyes impassive as he shook his head. "Don't worry about it." She stood and stared, transfixed. Something inside her yearned, only for a moment, for something she couldn't decipher.

The footsteps of her sisters broke her out of her trance, and Bom blinked at the curious boy. "Bom, you are such a klutz considering you're a martial artist for goodness' sake!" her sister Chaerin chided, her cinnamon eyes amused as she brushed at her sister's clothes. "Bom…?" he murmured, orbs glazing over. His chest tightened, and as he raised a slim hand to his heart, the world tilted beneath his feet.

"Seunghyun-oppa, Bom will always love you, ne? And will Seunghyun-oppa love Bom always and forever too? Will you?"

/What? /

"I'm so sorry, Seunghyun-ssi," Dara smiled sheepishly as she watched her two sisters bicker. "Bom is always bit…hyper active in the morning." The unflappable gaze was almost panicked for an instant before his mask set in once more. He simply nodded and walked away without a word or backwards glance.

"What an insufferable man he is," Chaerin huffed as soon as he was gone. "It's a shame he's one of the most sought after men on campus. He doesn't say a damn word!" "Well, not everyone's as happy as you and Seungri, Chaerin," Dara smiled wistfully. "Some people just want to be loved. Even if it’s by the wrong person."

Bom shook off the uneasy feeling in her stomach and turned to grin cheekily at her sister.

"Hey Dara, what about that guy who's been after you? Lee Soohyuk?" Dara blushed and tugged her sister's braid as the bell rang.

---------------

"Oi, hurry it up, will you?" Lee Seungri snapped. "Chae-cat is going to be steaming if I'm late again!" "Why don't you take your own car, Seungri?" black hair, teased by the wind, whipped around a pale face. His brown eyes narrowed as he gunned the engine. "I don't like being your chauffeur."

"Funny you should ask that, Jiyong," Lee Daesung piped up from the back. "The answer is that my pabo of a brother managed to sabotage our ride once again last night." "Shut up, Daesung," Seungri snarled at the spiky haired boy. "I didn't wreck the car…it's just a bit…out of order."

His friend flashed Seungri a disbelieving look as they dropped dark eyed, scowling Daesung off at the high school. On his way to the campus, he sneaked a sly glance at his best friend. Seungri’s blush only meant one thing.

"In other words, you ran it into a telephone pole again," he smiled. "What were you dreaming about? Or were you drunk again." Seungri’s protests were cut off in a high-pitched howl.

"Lee Seungri, you are L-A-T-E!" Park Chaerin scolded as she tugged harder on his ear. "Panda, you know I don't like waiting for your sorry !” "Aw, Chae-cat!" the boy who towered over her was reduced to a spineless puddle at her feet. Jiyong smirked as he introduced himself to the pretty daughter of the most feared detective in Korea, but a stab of longing shot through him. He pushed those melancholy thoughts away.

"Chaerin, you forgot your bag again," a soft tone reproached the cat. "I'm your sister, not your gofer, you know." He turned as Seungri started to laugh. Jiyong stiffened.

She was beautiful. With expressive dark brown eyes against very pale skin and black hair that reached her waist, she radiated natural splendor. But it was something else that struck a chord. She held herself like a fighter, confident and strong, but also with coy innocence.

He found that he couldn't breathe.

No matter what, it was always her eyes that struck his heart. She had his loyalty and respect, if she wanted them or not, but for the sake of the innocence in her eyes, he would not …he could not tell her that she also had his heart.

"Thanks," Chaerin sighed, her slim fingers grabbing the said sack and flinging it over her shoulders as her sister yelped. "Oh, Kwon Jiyong, this is my sister, Dara."

/He stepped on her foot/

"Nice to meet you, Jiyong-ssi," Dara smiled, although a bit painfully. He nodded as if in a daze and grasped her hand to shake. In that one moment, all of time stopped.

The rain pelted down on her as she ran, her shoes making dull thuds as they slapped the pavement.

"Stop! G-Dragon!"

A man turned to look at her with unmistakable shock. "Weh?" Beautiful brown eyes…she found herself drowning in them as her heart was stolen away.

She wrenched her hand away, her voice unsteady. "N-nice to meet you, Jiyong-ssi, but I must be going now. See you all later!" And with that, she turned and ran as the first bell rung.

/What was that?/

------------------------

"Dara, over here," Chaerin called, waving a hand to flag her sister over.

Bom had already sat down by her sister's side, leafing through a chemistry book while picking at her food. She looked up with a smile as a tray slid across from her, but it vanished in an instant to be replaced by nervousness. Cool brown eyes regarded her as the boy took his seat.

"Mind if I sit here?" Choi Seunghyun asked quietly.

Bom fought the urge to pinch herself. One of the most sought after seniors on campus was asking if SHE, a lowly sophomore, minded his company? All she could do was dumbly shake her head no. He nodded his thanks and reached for a napkin in the middle of the table, brushing her hand in the process.

Something inside her recoiled at his touch…

"I've really wasted my whole entire life on a man who doesn't even care for me," she sighed painfully. "I'll never make that mistake again." A wave of agony washed over her and she dropped to her floor with a moan, clutching at her chest. The attacks were getting worse. The doctor had told her that she might not make it through the night. Just as well. What was there to stay alive for?

Emotionless, she watched as spots of blood stained the wood in front of her eyes. And then she let go.

/I wanted him to care, damn it. I wanted him to care for me. Was that too much to ask?/

"Is something wrong, Bom?" Aoshi asked, opening his juice. Her brown eyes had widened in a fascinated horror and her fork fell to the ground with a clatter. "N-nothing is wrong, Seunghyun-ssi," she forced a smile, bending to pick up the fallen utensil.

/Nothing…except I just saw myself die with you as my last thought. /

-----------------------

"There's Chaerin!" Dara muttered under her breath, finally spying her sister's waving hand. "Dara!" Suppressing a moan, she turned. So close to freedom!

"Soohyuk, how are you?" she asked, forcing a small smile. "Dara, you should be careful," he said to her, reaching up to trace her cheek with his hand. His eyes darkened considerably when she moved away. "I saw you talking to G-Dragon on the grounds before class. He's dangerous."

"G-Dragon?" she asked, a frown marring her face before it hit her. "Jiyong?" His smile scared her as he raked his hand through his odd white spikes. "Yes, him."

"You're mine, is that clear, Dara? She dodged his kiss, a chill running down her spine. His smile had always scared her.

"Listen, I've got to run, all right?" she flashed him a dazzling grin despite her fear. "Bye!” He merely tipped back his tinted shades and smiled wretchedly. Would history repeat itself? He hoped not. She would be his in this lifetime.

Whether she wanted to or not.

-------------------------------

"Jiyong, sit with me today," Seungri instructed, leading his friend over to his girlfriend's table. "Chaerin's sister is one pretty girl, and I think that you need a love life, right?" "Seungri…" the smaller man warned, allowing his friend to lead him through the crowd nonetheless. He grunted as his elbow bumped a tray.

"Hey!" an annoyed voice gasped. "Watch it!" "I'm sorry," Jiyong offered, bending down to pick up her fallen books. He looked for her food, but couldn't find it. Puzzled, he looked up. "I have it," she said, her eyes unreadable as he stared. "She threw her lunch in the air and caught her food on the plate when you bent down to get her books." Seungri glowed with brotherly pride. "That's Dara."

"Hi, Panda," she smiled, balancing her tray on one hand to give him a hug. "Pretty impressive, huh? Too bad I can't avoid being bulldozed though."

"We meet again, Dara," Jiyong smiled. She faced him with a bright smile of her own, which faltered as the memory of her vision came back to her.

She hadn't really looked at him before, but now that she did, she realized that he was one of the most handsome men she had ever seen. Slender and only a few inches taller than her, his brown eyes were framed by black lashes that served as a contrast for his pale skin. His hair was black, brushed up in a clean look.

His hair… is supposed to be bright crimson and styled in a spiky manner.

"We have to stop meeting like this, Jiyong-ssi," she forced, snatching her fingers back.

We have to stop meeting at all.

---------------------

"Promise me you'll never leave me, Jiyong."

"I will never want to, Dara."

"Then that's enough for me."

But it’s not. It never was.