Chapter Four

Forever Yours

Author’s Note: I don’t own anything.

italics - past, past self or thoughts

 

And he was hit by a vision stronger than any other he had ever had before.


/If I left, would you wait for me?/


"Dara?" he asked tentatively, rapping at her door. Since their little spat the night before, he was unable to sleep, opting to rise before dawn in order to make breakfast-all her favorites.

He rubbed at the back of his neck, wishing for a brief moment that he could not sense things. That the chill at the base of his spine would just go away.

He needed the warmth of her smile. That is, if she ever gave it to him again...

Jiyong shook his head to dispel that thought. Things would be all right, he assured himself.

If only she would get out of her room…

"Dara, wake up. It's time for breakfast. Ji made all of your favorites." He sulked when he received no answer. She was still mad. "Dara, Ji is coming in, okay? Don't hurt Ji…" he drew a deep breath and softly added a 'please' as he opened the door.

The room was bare, the makeshift bed and blankets folded up against the corner…but where was Dara? Jiyong wrinkled his nose. Something smelled familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on what scent it was. He knew that it didn't belong in her room, though…

"Jiyong?" a young voice called from the kitchen. Daesung. "What's taking you so long?"

"J-just a second," he called over his shoulder, hissing when his stocking feet stepped in something…wet? All too clearly and all too sharp, the smell came back to taunt him.

The metallic taste of blood in the air.

Gods, no…Jiyong looked down, slowly, and fought down the urge to gag at the pool of red liquid at his feet. Frantically, he followed the trail that led to the pool, not registering the odd way that the blood was smeared, and with shaking hands pulled the neatly folded mattress out of the corner. It popped open.

And he screamed. And he screamed. And he screamed.

He screamed for her sake, her cold brown eyes impossibly sad; blood soaking the clean, white futon and her pale yellow sleeping gown from the knife in her heart. He shrieked for her sake as he fell to his knees, reaching out to shakily her cold skin, her bloodied hair. He sobbed for her sake as he viewed her face, completely untouched save for a few tear streaks until now, when his own filthy hands left streaks of blood on pale skin. He wept for the memory of her lively eyes; her rosy face; her smile that seemed to make everything all right. Smile for me…

But most of all, he screamed and wept and raged for himself, as the boy and the fighter came to see what was wrong and collapsed on the floor with two thuds. Most of all, he wept for himself while her brown eyes, the eyes that he loved so much, glared at him in silent accusation.

"Dara, I lied, I love you, I love you, I love you," he wept, struggling as Seungri and Daesung vainly tried to pull him away, their tears falling to the floor. "Forgive me! Please, my love, won't you smile for me…?"

Won't you smile for me?


He recoiled in shock as his body reacted, grabbing Soohyuk by the throat and slamming the taller boy into the wall with enough force to send shock waves up his arm.

"I want you away from Dara, Soohyuk," he growled. "If I see you touch her, talk to her, breathe the same air as her, you're a dead man."

"I'm surprised that you're this affected. A guilty conscience, G-Dragon?"

"Shut up! That was your fault, Soohyuk. You destroyed my life that night, took my soul. And now I'm going to show you how it feels."

"Brave words for a murderer."

Dara grabbed Jiyong's arm and tugged uselessly. "Jiyong, stop it!"

Hurt swirled in cinnamon depths. "You'd protect him, Dara? You'd protect your murderer over me?" Her grip tightened before she let go, slowly backing away as something in her eyes changed. Grief swirled in the dark brown depths, turning them into a shade of silver.

"My murderer, Jiyong? I died alone that night," not caring about his wince of pain, her voice never faltered as she continued. "I wasted five years of my life waiting for you, and you still let me die alone. You're no better than Soohyuk- you might as well have had held the knife. You say you couldn't love me in order to protect me? Liar."

When he stiffened, she turned. And ran.

Liar. You liar.

"Dara…" he whispered, brown eyes filled with grief as her door slammed shut. "I'm so sorry." In the end, his mind had won with the simple argument. Save her. He had to save her.

I did not know, he grieved, Gods, forgive me, I did not know.

Kwon Jiyong fell to his knees and covered his face with his hands.


Chaerin Park figured contently that she could stay in this position forever.

Sighing a little, she wrapped smooth, milkmaid arms around her boyfriend's neck and held him a little closer. A sleepy smile stretched her lips when she felt his mouth graze her forehead, and she lifted her face for a more satisfactory response.

Wham

Jerking back as the car door slammed open, Chaerin could only groan in annoyance as she saw her sister's agitated eyes. Seungri let loose some choice words in retaliation, half-heartedly reaching to pull the car door shut once more.

Chaerin's hand stopped him. She gazed at the her sister’s eyes and bit her lip. This looked serious. "Seungri, I'm going to take Bom and Dara home. I'll call you tonight."

Seungri grunted in compliance and slid out, pausing to place a chaste kiss on Dara's forehead and to give a more thorough one to Chaerin. Chaerin smiled fondly, resting her fingers on her still tingling mouth before turning to Dara.

It must be serious. The girl hadn't even rolled her eyes when Seungri had said goodbye.

"Dara, what's the matter?"

She only shook her head and sank into the car seat, fumbling for the seat belt and buckling it with shaking hands. Her eyes were wide and frightened her breathing fast and labored. Chaerin stared at her in astonishment.

"Dara …"

The car door slammed open once more, startling the teenager out of her concerned thoughts.

"Chaerin!"

Chaerin felt her frown increase in intensity. There was a foreign note of panic in Bom's voice. What on Earth was going on?


Sometimes it is better to forget the past...

But promise me, promise me. Promise me that you will never forget me.


AN: What do you guys think? Is the story worth it? Should I continue?