Chapter Fourteen

Forever Yours

Author’s Note: I don’t own anything.

/own thoughts/
italics – past lives

 

When we two parted
In silence and tears
Half broken hearted
To sever for years
Cold grew they cheek
Cold, colder thy kiss
Truly that hour foretold
Sorrow to this!


Jiyong wheezed, doubling over and clutching his stomach in surprise. Daesung glared at him, his eyes narrowing and churning with rage.

"How dare you show your face to her," the boy hissed, his fists shaking in agitation. "Who do you think you are?"

Jiyong looked up, incredulous. The younger boy's punch hadn't hurt as much as it had shocked him, which Jiyong was thankful for. The boy was a quick learner, and quite skilled at kendo. Being the younger brother of Seungri didn't hurt his fighting skills either.

"Are you insane! What the hell is the matter with you?"

Daesung's next words stilled his heart.

"You failed to protect her once. You weren't there for her."

Jiyong felt his throat constrict, his eyes prick with an unseen pressure. "Daesung."

"NO!" The boy's voice shook with emotion as he jabbed a finger in Jiyong's chest. "You weren't there for her. Your fault. I refuse to watch you let her down again."

Jiyong ran a shaking hand through his hair, trying to come to grips with his reality. "My God, this is really happening."

Daesung smirked unpleasantly, his eyes filling alarmingly with tears. "I'll be watching you, Jiyong. Let her down again, and I swear I'll come after you."

And he walked away, leaving a wide eyed Jiyong standing in the doorway.

Your fault.


TOP let the door slam behind his darkened apartment and sighed. Dragging a smashed Seungri up the stairs to his bedroom and dumping him on his bed was not an easy feat.

"Damn panda," TOP muttered, popping open the refrigerator and grabbing a carton at random and pouring it into a cup. The silence was deafening, and he wandered through the small living room, seeing nothing as he maneuvered past the furniture.

He took a sip of his drink, noting dimly that it was tea, and lowered himself to his couch. Closing his eyes, he tried to meditate.

Seunghyun!

Bolting upright with a gasp, TOP shook his head briefly to expel any thoughts of that Park Bom girl. After the disaster that occurred at her house, he had promised himself that he would stay away from her. Not to think about her, speak to her, come within ten feet of her.

"For a very, very long time," He murmured, raising the cup to his lips once again.

You fool.

TOP turned slowly, not trusting his senses when he came face to face with an icy gaze. He took in the trench coat, the black jumpsuit...the twin swords at this man's sides. This man who had his face. Instinctively, TOP reached for the two twin blades resting on a traditional stand.

It wouldn't help you. He...it...seemed amused. No one and nothing can kill me.

He reached out and grasped TOP's shoulder. The boy gasped in shock as a searing cold froze through his shoulder.

After all, it continued, who can harm the dead?

TOP dimly heard the crash of his teacup shattering on the floor.

"Seunghyun," Bom's eyes sparkled as she twirled around on the grass. "Come, play with me!"

"Bom, you'll catch cold."

She turned and stuck out her tongue, laughter coloring her response. Her hair, free from its braid for once, fell in waves around her flushed face. He felt a flicker of concern that he couldn't ignore. Her energy wasn't what it used to be anymore. She was coughing well into the night. Something was wrong.

Her giggles brought him out of his dark musings, as her cold hands on his skin jarred him to look at her smile. He felt it warm him, and hated his weakness. What warrior depended on a mere girl for strength?

But then she smiled at him, and he could not think of anything else to say.

"But you'll never let it harm me, right?"

He could not answer, but watched as she pouted.

"Because then I would be invincible!" She giggled as she resumed twirling. "No one could kill the dead, Seunghyun! No one could harm the dead! Not even you!"

He never saw the tears running down her cheeks.

He tried not to let his amusement or his affection show on his face. He knew any emotion would be clung to and taken as encouragement. He tried not to let his regret show in his eyes.

She deserved better.

TOP dimly felt the pain as he stepped on a shard of his cup. But his attention was focused fully on the apparition before him.

Suddenly, it hit him. The visions, the headaches, the blackouts. The voice in his head. TOP fell on the couch again, cradling his head in his pale, shaking hands.

"Oh, my God."

The ghost simply smiled.

Not so stupid after all.


Soohyuk hissed in annoyance as the sun glared from the taunting sky. Whipping his turquoise shades from his eyes, the boy flung them away and ground them into the hot asphalt with his heel. He smiled as he felt the glass crumble under his foot.

"Soohyuk."

He turned slowly, his smile stolen from him. His gaze turned sullen, childish.

"Ne, seon saeng?"

She looked at him sadly, her eyes pensive as his mouth turned down. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

He smirked, shrugged lazily. "Right. I'll be on my way then."

He turned to leave, and she gathered the courage to grasp his shoulder. The boy stiffened at her touch, but made no move to shrug her hand away.

"Soohyuk, you have to let her go."

His eyes gleamed manic for an instant, freezing her blood. The manic expression shifted rapidly into sad confusion. Then the look was gone, replaced by the bored look of a teenager.

"I'm afraid I don't know quite what you're talking about."

"Soohyuk. You must leave her alone. She is meant to be with-"

"She belongs to me!" he shrieked, eyes wild as he snarled. "What do you know! She was there for me. She cared for me. When I had no one else, she was there! G-Dragon will never have her."

"Soohyuk."

He straightened, ran a steady hand through his unruly hair. "I must apologize, seon saeng. But I am late for class."

She moved aside to let him pass, lips tugged down in worry. He shot an unreadable glance over his shoulder.

"She is mine. G-Dragon may have taken you away from me, Suzy-noona. But I'll be damned if I let him take her away. I love her. Too much to let her go."

She bit her lip, worrying it in her agitation. "Soohyuk, why–?"

His determined look shifted into something young and vulnerable. Before she had the chance to wonder at it, his gaze was once again hard.

"She's all I have."

Speechless, she watched him walk away. This time she could not find the courage to reach out.

His fists clenched and unclenched uncontrollably as he fought to get his breathing under control. He didn't notice the tear falling down his face.

She's all I have.

Dara smiled at him, softly humming a tune as she walked along the beach. His heart nearly burst with longing. But it swelled with another emotion as he saw her sit and turn to face him.

Pain.

Her eyes were quiet. But he knew it was not him she was seeing.

"Soohyuk, you know you have to let me go." Her voice was sad.

"No." His was defiant.

"You know that I'm not meant to be here, with you."

"I need you here."

Something in her gaze stirred. Grief?

"Soohyuk..."

"You don't understand," he took her hands, held them, cold and limp in his own. Her face was tired and kind.

She looked like his Suzy-noona, and he struggled to keep that thought to herself, knowing how it would upset her.

"You're all I have, Dara." His voice broke, and he closed his eyes. "I have no one else."

He wept, and fell to his knees in the sand. He pressed his cheek against her leg, and held on.

She made no sound.

A moment later he felt her hand, cold as ice, on his cheek.

"You do not have to be alone, Soohyuk. You won't always be alone."

He looked up and saw her sad smile before she turned away to gaze wistfully at the ocean. Still, her hand rested, comforting, on his shaking shoulder.

"You don't always have to be alone."

Soohyuk smiled softly as he walked away from the professor. He unclenched his hands, watching cooly as the blood dripped from his fingertips to the asphalt.

"You don't always have to be alone."

This time he would make sure of it.

If I should meet thee
After long years,
How should I greet thee-
With silence and tears.

–Lord Byron "When We Two Parted"


You must be wondering what the connection is between Soohyuk, Suzy, Dara and Jiyong. Well, you just have to wait and see until we get more of those flashbacks. For those with low EQ and CANNOT WAIT to know what the connection is, message me. I’ll give you the lowdown. Thank you! :)