Chapter 6

Even the Sun Gives Way to the Moon

 CHAPTER 6

A/N: I just made this one as a feel good chapter and just to have more WheeSa in our lives lol

It was quarter past twelve at noon when Moonbyul heard knocking on her door. She groaned at the intruder as she wasn't really planning on getting out of bed. In addition to that, she had little to no sleep the night before as she was missing Solar, who had gone to visit her sick mum two days ago, so badly. Her unsaid feelings for her leader had become stronger each day making her feel like she's going to combust with the mere touch of a finger, and what's worse is that her hands seem to have magnets attached to them so that they'd automatically hold on to Solar whenever she's beside her- or even when she's not. She swears her body has a mind of its own.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Unnie!"

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Unniiieee!", another voice said.

"Unniiieeeeeee!", two voices said in harmony as if a choir of cherubims were beckoning her to open the door.

Moonbyul huffed as she tossed her superman blanket aside and sat up. She still had her eyes closed as she blindly felt the floor with her feet to find her slippers. Finding neither luck nor her slippers, she chose to walk barefoot on cold floor (blame winter for that) and made her way outside of her room to get the door- not even bothering to fix her hair.

"Unniiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!" There it is again. The cherubims in perfect sync.

She let out a tiny cringe as she turned the door knob that felt just as icy as her floor. As she swung the door, she opened one of her eye a little, trying not to let too much sunlight in her vision, and was met by the two maknaes who had their hands behind their back like two kids asking nicely for a piece of candy.

"Oh. Definitely not cherubims." Moonbyul muttered under her breath and stepped back to close the door.

The two young girls held out their arms to stop the action. "Yah! Unnie!", Hwa Sa shouted.

The rapper could only sigh as she opened the door wider to let the girls in. "What do you want?"

"Good morning to you too", Whee In said as she tugged on Hwa Sa's hand as they made their way inside the dorm.

The two girls occupied the couch as Moonbyul stood in front of them, her arms on her waist, like a mother about to scold her children. She raised her eyebrows waiting for a response to her previous question.

Whee In gave her a bright smile, her dimples showing off effortlessly. "Well, we want to eat outside."

"Ooookay?"

"Yongsun-unnie visited her mum", Hwa Sa said, using Solar's real name as they were by themselves anyway.

"Soooooo?"

"We want to eat outside", Whee In said again.

"Yeah, and?"

Hwa Sa tried her hardest not to roll her eyes at her unnie. "We want you to come with us because Yongsun-unnie is not here to do it."

"No", Moonbyul said with no second thoughts at all as she put her arms down and turned around to go back in her room.

"Krystal's coming."

The second eldest in the group stopped abruptly as soon as she heard her ultimate girl crush's name. She did a quick 180-degree turn to face the girls again, this time, her eyes were fully awake and opened, even wider than how she opened the door earlier. "What did you say?"

"Krystal's coming", Hwa Sa repeated, a smirk grazing her face.

"You're lying", Moonbyul said, her eyes squinting, trying to detect any hint of cheekiness from the younger girls.

Whee In shook her head. "Nope. Here I'll show you the text messages we've exchanged", she said as she took her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans and scrolled through her messages. She stretched out her hand, handing her mobile phone for Moonbyul to see. The latter took the phone out of Whee In's hand to stare at the screen.

Krystal-unnie showed the top bit. Below that was the conversation between Whee In and Krystal which went:

Whee In: Unnie you should come eat with us.

Krystal: Hey, I would be busy during the morning but I'll be free for lunch if that's okay?

Whee In: That's more than okay unnie! We'll see you then!

Krystal: See you! :)

"How?", Moonbyul said without taking her eyes off the phone.

Whee In stood up and snatched her phone back. "We have our ways."

"Now go fix yourself up. You wouldn't want Krystal-unnie to see you like that", Hwa Sa said.

In less than two seconds, Moonbyul was out of the living room and into the shower.

-

"Unnie stop fidgeting", Whee In said as she stuffed with meat.

"I'm not fidgeting", Moonbyul said as she dropped her chopsticks for the third time.

"Yes, you are. You can't even hold your chopsticks properly", Whee In countered while chewing on her food.

"Don't talk with your mouth full", the older girl scolded.

"Oh! There she is!", Hwa Sa said pointing straight ahead. "Unnie!", she shouted as she waved her hand at their guest.

Moonbyul's muscles stiffened when she heard what the maknae said. She felt her heart pounding uncontrollably. She didn't know what to do and was starting to freak out so she brought her fist to her chest and quietly told herself, "Be normal."

There was a laugh. A laugh that sounded too familiar for her.

The girl took the seat beside her and said "Be normal" in the way that only Kim Yong-sun would do.

Moonbyul's face showed nothing but complete surprise. "What are you doing here?", she said when she finally got back her ability to speak.

"What do you mean by that? Shouldn't I be here?", Solar said, sounding just as confused.

"Because I thought..."

"Solar-unnie! You want noodles?!", Whee In interrupted, talking a tad bit louder than normal.

Solar shook her head and offered a smile. "No, thank you. Not now anyway. I'll get some later though." She turned her attention back to the girl beside her and said, "So, what did you mean by that?"

"Well...", Moonbyul started.

"Ah Solar-unnie! Here have some spicy chicken! Moonbyul-unnie ordered it", the maknae said effectively cutting off Moonbyul.

Solar took the plate from Hwa Sa and thanked her. "This looks delicious."

"It really is!", Hwa Sa said too excitedly.

Moonbyul gave her a scrutinizing stare and said, "How did you know? You haven't even eaten any of it."

"Uhh.. I can smell it", Hwa Sa said and flashed a pasted-on smile before gobbling down on her food again.

"So...", Moonbyul said as she adjusted her posture in her seat. "Where is...", she continued, trying to fish anything out of the two girls in front of her.

"Where is what?", Solar asked, not being able to follow through the conversation.

"Where is the pickled raddish?!", Whee In said, still louder than normal.

"Yeah, where is the pickled raddish?", Hwa Sa joined in. "Uhm, excuse me, can we have some pickled radish for our BEAUTIFUL unnies here? Thank you", she said to one of the staff members.

Moonbyul glared at them while the two girls tried to avoid the death stare being thrown their way.

The youngest member turned to Solar and said, "By the way, Solar-unnie, how's your mum?"

That took the rapper's attention off the maknaes.

"She's feeling better", Solar answered happily. "She just caught the flu but she's recovering now."

"Are you okay though?", Moonbyul asked.

Solar flashed her cute dimples and said, "Yup!"

Moonbyul felt her heart flutter at the smile being thrown her way. "That's good", she said as she smiled back at the leader.

"Here's your pickled raddish", the staff said, snapping them out of their moment causing stiffled laughs from the two girls sitting across them.

Solar brushed it off and continued eating while Moonbyul went back at glaring at them. "I'm not done with you yet", she said.

"Why? What did they do?"

"Oh. I just need to teach them a lesson about...", Moonbyul said as she raised one of her eyebrows "how they shouldn't talk when their mouths are full."

Whee In and Hwa Sa looked at each other and gulped.

-

Solar was already resting back at her dorm room because she had been worn out from looking after her mother. The other three members were back at Moonbyul's place exactly how they were positioned earlier that day with the younger girls seated on the couch and Moonbyul standing in front of them, her hands on her waist.

"Care to explain?"

The maknaes smiled.

"Your aegyo won't work for me this time."

The maknaes pouted. This amused Moonbyul.

"How are you in sync all the time?"

"We just are", they said in unison.

Moonbyul was taken aback, but was quick to go back to the topic. "So?"

"Well, I changed Yongsun-unnie's name on my phone to Krystal-unnie, deleted our old conversation, before messaging her again", Whee In said.

"Why would you do that?", Moonbyul said sounding a bit hurt for being deceived.

"Sorry unnie", Whee In said as she stood up to hug the older girl. "It's the only way we could get you to come with us. We were just worried you haven't eaten yet because we didn't see you come out at all nor have you said anything for the past couple of days."

Moonbyul hugged her back. "Awww. That's sweet", she said as she let go. "But I really thought Krystal would be there, you know", she said with a pout.

Hwa Sa stood up and stood behind Whee In. "Well, would you rather have her there instead of Yongsun-unnie?", she asked as she rested her chin on Whee In's shoulder; The latter's hand involuntarily went to hold the maknae's face.

Moonbyul unconsciously smiled and said, "I wouldn't have it any other way than it was this afternoon."

Hwa Sa lifted her head up and grabbed Whee In's hand as they started to walk towards the door. "Thought so", she said with a smirk.

"Yah!", Moonbyul yelled to no one because the maknae line were already out the door.