Chapter 4

Even the Sun Gives Way to the Moon

CHAPTER 4

A/N: I don't think this chapter is as good but I tried lol.

Before they all know it, they were already preparing for their next comeback. Everybody had been putting every ounce of effort they could muster hoping 'Pinky Funk' will do better than their previous mini-albums.

Debuting in an industry where looks and visuals unfortunately appeals more than raw and natural talent is quite arduous; coming from a smaller company label is making it even more difficult than it already is. Mamamoo however, only took this as a challenge to persevere more to change the stereotype of Kpop idols that the media had wrongly built up. They found more gratification in knowing that people recognized their very own work- own composition, own music, own choreography, own identity. They felt better to be known for who they are and not for who others wanted them to be.

"Help... I'm dying..", Solar said as she stayed splayed on the floor of the dance practice room, her hair carelessly tied up in a messy bun with a few strands sticking to her face and neck as beads of sweat covers the entirety of her face with some trickling down, forming droplets on the area she was laying on. Her  white shirt, also covered in sweat, had started to look like it's see-through and the black braissiere she was wearing underneath was beginning to show but Solar couldn't care less. She was completely exhausted from recording and choreographing for the past two weeks.

Moonbyul walked up to her and sat beside her indian style as she handed her a bottle of water. "Unnie drink up", she said.

Solar only looked at her and pouted. "I'm too tired to even stand up", she said as she let out a huff. "I don't know what's happening. I'm usually better than this."

"That's because you practice too much", Whee In said with her voice a little bit muffled by the towel covering her face. She was seated in one of the chairs at the far corner of the room, slouched, her feet widely spread, arms dangling on her sides, and her head tilted 90 degrees facing the ceiling to keep the towel from falling.

The maknae sitting next to her nodded her head in agreement. She just looked as exhausted as everybody else. "I can confirm that."

Solar didn't say anything and kept her eyes closed. She felt like she was slowly being rocked to sleep when she heard Moonbyul say, "You still look pretty even when you're tired."

Solar's eyes shot open and threw a look at the younger girl that could be as sharp as daggers, if not more. "I told you NOT to say weird things like that."

Moonbyul, to no surprise, was wearing a smirk that only lasted for a few seconds before her face had gotten a bit more serious as she hooked her arm on Solar's back and slowly got the latter to sit down. She scooted towards the girl so that she could support her weight with her own body with Solar's side to her front. She circled her arms around the leader, who didn't make any protest at all, as she reached out to uncap the water bottle and put a straw in it.

"Here, drink. It'll help", she said as she brought the bottle closer to Solar's mouth. The older girl took the straw in between her lips and started sipping. She managed to finish half of it.

Moonbyul put the lid back on and placed it beside them. She felt Solar shift in her arms, burying her face on the younger girl's neck. Moonbyul smiled at this and wrapped her arms around Solar's waist bringing her just a bit more closer.

"Get a room!", the maknaes said in unison.

"Shhhh!"

-

"I wish I could cross-dress too!", Solar said as she watched in awe as the make-up team slowly transformed her ladies into men.

"Oh trust me unnie, I was very excited for this but with the amount of glue there is on my skin right now, I'd much rather be in your place to be honest", Whee In said as she checked herself in the mirror in front of her. "On a more positive note, I actually look kinda cute", she added as the make-up artist finished the final touches.

"You mean geeky", Moonbyul said as she stood behind the third eldest. She was already in her 'Yul' outfit being the first one to get done as she only really needed a wig.

"Unnie I'm never gonna get tired of saying this but you look SO handsome", Hwa Sa said as she got off her seat to get changed into her 'Ricky' clothes.

"Wow that jaw", Whee In said as she got up as well, following the maknae to the dressing room.

-

"Cut!"

Everybody's sigh could be heard, Moonbyul's and Solar's being the loudest.

"Let's try that again. Byul, Solar, just relax guys. We have to make this scene look y yet natural. You both look so tense. We can't have that", the director said.

"Sorry", the two girls muttered.

"Do you want to take a break?"

"No, it's okay", Moonbyul said as she turned to look at Solar who had an unreadable expression on her face. She reached her hand out to cup the other girl's chin. "Hey, you okay?"

Solar just stared at her. Her eyes seeming to hide a whirlwind of emotions. "Unnie?"

The leader finally snapped out of it and said, "Uhh.. Yeah. Let's do this!" as she tried her best to fake a smile which seemed to work its magic.

"Okay. MoonSun", the director started, using the portmanteau that the fans had given the girls' 'ship' name, "listen to me. Don't hold back. Let yourself go and get carried away with the situation. Just let all the emotions flow out because that's exactly what we need."

Whee In and Hwa Sa looked at each other with smugness adorning their prosthetic-covered faces as if they know something others don't.

"And... action!"

Tteugeowojineun i bunwigi

The music started playing signalling for the two girls to start their skit.

Solar was half-lying on her side, her weight being supported by her left arm. She focused her eyes on Moonbyul's face as she reached out to caress it ever so gently as if it were the most precious gem she had ever seen. She felt the other girl subtly lean into the touch.

Moonbyul's eyes slowly started to open and her eyes went straight to Solar, whose heart began to race yet again bringing confusion to her already bothered mind. She just doesn't understand why she felt like she's gonna throw up from the fluttering sensation in her stomach everytime her face comes close to Moonbyul's. She felt bad that they had to do a retake everytime she unconciously jerked when she gets jolted by an electricy current only she seem to feel whenever her skin touched the rapper's.

As Moonbyul fully opened her eyes, Solar instantly caught her gaze and noted how it somehow explored and suggested. At that point, everyone else disappeared in the background. Without breaking eye contact nor her character, Solar drew her face closer with the clear intent of kissing the other girl. Moonbyul started to get up to protest but this only lessened the space in between them even more. Solar felt the other girl's breaths hitting her face and she felt like she was being pulled in by an invisible magnet. She was quick to push Moonbyul's shoulders effectively making her lie back down in bed. As fast as her reaction was, her regret came just as quick as she noticed how she managed to put them in a compromising position as she was on all fours, her hands on Moonbyul's shoulder, and her feet on either side of the younger girl.

Solar noticed how Moonbyul's lips had parted slightly and her eyes are now on the leader's lips. Their breathing had both become heavy as the tension enveloped the whole room.

"Let yourself go." Solar heard the director's voice head. She closed her eyes and started to lean in as her right hand moved from Moonbyul's shoulder down to her chest unintentionally it. The latter tried her hardest to supress a moan and not arch her back to the touch but failed miserably.

"Cut!", the director yelled startling both girls as they quickly gathered themselves and sat properly on the bed. "Too much! Oh my god too much. I didn't mean for you to go all out when I said let yourselves go.  I didn't know you two had so much built up tension. You both need a break after all. Wow", he continued, sounding more amazed than pissed off.

"Unnies", Hwasa said as she walked hand-in-hand with Whee In towards the two girls who still looked flustered and embarassed. "When we said get a room last week, we meant a proper room not a set up one like this", she continued, finishing it with a wink and a playful smirk.

"Run!", Whee In said as she pulled the maknae with her, both sprinting out of the room.

"Yah! Don't ever say weird things like that!"