Chapter 2

Even the Sun Gives Way to the Moon

THIS ONE'S FOR ATHEO_! HOPE YOU LIKE IT. :)

-

Moonbyul slowly walked into the quiet dance practice room. A piano was situated in one corner with the stereo system placed on its left. She noticed how an iPad was carefully sat on top of it clearly suggesting that it was being used by the other person in the room.

The said person (or an angel in Moonbyul's eyes) was sat across in the other corner of the room, facing her, with the girl's feet stretched out, her head leaning to the side being supported by the mirror-covered wall, and her hair tied up in a messy bun completely exposing the perfection that is her face.

Moonbyul shut the door as slowly as she could, trying her hardest to avoid making any noises so as not to wake up the beauty in front of her. She continued to stare at the other girl who sleeps as if she had been pricked by the same needle that was used to put a Disney princess to deep slumber. She noticed how the other girl's eyebrows were manicured to perfection before her eyes travelled down to the other girl's cute little nose then even further to her lips that looked so soft and inviting. Moonbyul gulped at this. Byul what the heck are you thinking. If she had a dollar for every failed attempt of looking away from the angelic face, boy, she would've probably been a millionaire right now. Her eyes seemed glued to it just as much as her feet were stuck to the floor. She was amazed by how an individual could look so good in just a white boyfriend shirt and black leggings.

She lost count of how many seconds or minutes she had been contemplating whether to wake the girl up or not, when the latter shifted from her position as the area between her eyebrows form a small crease indicating that she could be waking up. Her eyes start to open to affirm this.

"Uhhh.." Smooth Byul. Real smooth.

The girl squinted as she let her eyes get used to the bright lights in the room that seemed to be quite bright for her. One. Two. Three seconds had passed when she finally noticed the person standing in front  of her. Youngsun's eyes widened in surprise because: 1) she had no idea that she fell asleep, and 2) she just realised how crappy she looked like with her messy hair and bare face. She stood a bit too abruptly making her feel like the room had suddenly began to rotate around like a spinning top twirling faultlessly.

Moonbyul was quick to run to the rescue like a knight in shining armour except she wasn't wearing anything elegant and she didn't have a horse. Her instinct kicked in and in one speedy motion, she was ready to catch the other girl with her outstretched arms. Much to her dismay, the girl caught her balance without needing any help at all leaving Moonbyul's arms hanging awkwardly in the air.

Yongsun brought her right hand to her chest as she huffed a sigh of relief as she closed her eyes to calm herself after that mini heart attack she had. "That was close."

"Uhhh..," Moonbyul said once again as she dropped her hands to her sides. She didn't really know where to start.

At this, Yongsun's eyes widened for the second time that day. She had completely forgot about the person standing in front of her. "Oh my god, I'm sorry," she said as her face turned into the slightest shade of pink. She stretched out her hand and said with a smile, "I'm Kim Yongsun."

Moonbyul stared at the awaiting hand and took note of how the skin looked so smooth and soft like cotton woven delicately. She smiled at this as she stretched her own hand to shake Yongsun's. "Moon Byulyi," she said as she appreciated the feel of the other girl's skin on her own. "Just like cotton," she thought.

-

Moonbyul and Yongsun had practiced and trained together like the CEO had said. Not long after their first meeting, two more girls namely Jung Hwi-in and Ahn Hye-jin, who had been friends since forever, had joined them. Given that the younger girls had already a strong friendship to begin with, Moonbyul and Yongsun were stuck with each other although the latter was still as shy as she were when they first met. The former however, seemed to slowly break down her walls and started to talk more.

"Yongsun-unnie, did you want to grab something to eat?," Moonbyul said, her voice muffled by the towel that she was using to wipe the sweat off her face. They had just finished choreographing a dance while the maknaes were asked to practice their vocals in a separate room.

When she didn't hear any answer, she turned to look over her shoulder where she saw the other girl downing large gulps of water from her bottle with her head thrown back a little, exposing her neck. Moonbyul couldn't help but watch as beads of sweats trailed down along her unnie's ivory skin before averting her eyes elsewhere not wanting to get caught staring. She then went back to dabbing her face with the towel as she began to sweat even more from what she just saw.

"Let's go?," Yongsun asked.

Moonbyul sighed and turned around to face the other girl. "Yup!" she said with a nod.

-

Everything had finally been confirmed and made official. The four girls were set to make their debut as a group to be called 'Mamamoo'. They gave their best during their trainee days and everyone knew that all their hard work was finally paying off. They had gotten closer and Yongsun had began going out of her shell at last. She particularly got more comfortable with Moonbyul as they spent most of their time together.

They were having dinner in their shared apartment provided by the company. "What if I turned out to be a very leader?", Yongsun said with a pout as she played with her cutlery on her now-empty plate.

"What are you talking about unnie? I think you're amazing," Hye-jin, the youngest member, said.

Whee In nodded her head in agreement.

Everyone's head turned towards Moonbyul who was busy chowing down on her food. As she realized that the room had gone quiet, she looked up and saw three pair of eyes staring at her as if waiting for her to say something. "Wha?", she said with full. She briefly looked at the maknaes before turning her attention to Solar who was now looking back down at her plate.

*Smack*

"Ow! That hurts!," Moonbyul complained as she held one hand over the back of her head. "What was that for Hwa Sa?!", she said, using the girl's stage name as they were asked to do so in order for them to get used to their new names.

"You're an idiot", Hwa Sa said.

Whee In, again without saying anything, nodded in agreement.

"Yah! You shouldn't talk to your unnie like that!", Moonbyul complained.

-

The leader volunteered to do the dishes while she told the other members to wash up and go to sleep. She jumped a little when she felt slender arms wrap around her waist. "Solar-unnie," Moonbyul said.

"Byul-ssi", Solar replied.

"I'm still trying to get used to calling you that", the younger girl said as she rested her chin on her unnie's shoulder.

"Mhmmm", Solar agreed as she continued washing the dishes.

Moonbyul tightened her hug and whispered "I think you're going to be the best leader."

Solar failed to hear it properly as the other girl's voice got drowned over the sound of the water running from the tap so she turned it off and said as she bent her head over to the side, "What did you say? Sorry, I didn't quite catch that."

Moonbyul leaned in closer with just a couple of centimetres in between and Solar's ear. "I said, I think you're going to be the best leader. Because to me, you are already the best person to ever exist", she finished with a smirk knowing exactly how the older girl disliked hated greasiness. She braced herself for what she'd expected to come next.

Solar got goosebumps hearing this, and no, not the good kind. "YAH!", she shouted as she pushed Moonbyul away from her, somehow managing to escape from the other girl's tight embrace. "I told you to not say things like that", she said in a huff.

"You know you like it."

"I don't."

"You do."

Solar turned to face Moonbyul as she rolled her eyes. "I don't, and you know that."

Moonbyul shrugged. "I was just telling the truth."

Solar pursed her lips and turned her attention back to the dishes. "Whatever. Wash up and go to sleep, please. We have an early practice scheduled for tomorrow."

"Alright, boss lady. Make sure you go get some rest too. You need it more than we do", Moonbyul said as she started to walk away from Solar totally missing the small smile that creeped up the leader's face.