Chapter 11

Even the Sun Gives Way to the Moon

CHAPTER 11

The summer sun has graced everyone with its warmth and Moon Byulyi spent her time enjoying the accompanying early morning breeze that slid past her cheeks. She has been feeling happier these days, thanks to the constant communication with a certain brunette.

They haven’t really thought of putting a label on whatever they have and both had a mutual unspoken agreement that it’s best to just enjoy each other’s company for the time being as they continue to learn more about each other.

Moon Byulyi just had one dilemma. She knows that she has to tell her members about it eventually. It's not that she thinks they won’t be accepting of it- especially since she’s basically already given the information out to Wheein, and the maknae is pretty chill with everything. It’s Solar.

Ah, Yongdunnie. She thought.

Why she is most terrified of telling the leader, she doesn’t know. At first, she thought that it’s only because the dream she had before was still subconsciously haunting her. Then she thought that it’s also because it might happen in real life too. And finally, she realised that as weird as it may sound, she feels like she is doing her wrong. But why?

*RING*

Moonbyul was startled and pulled away from her thoughts as her phone came to life.

Krystal <3

The now silver-haired girl hit the answer button, “Hey, stranger.”

“Hey, Byul-unnie."

The older girl smiled upon hearing the voice at the other end of the line.

“Miss me already?”

The other girl snickered, “I should be the one asking that. But anyways, I was wondering if you would like to have lunch tomorrow?”

“I thought you’d never ask.”

“When did you get so cocky?”

“Uhm, have you ever met me?”

Krsytal chuckled. Moonbyul felt proud of being able to get that out of the known ice queen.

“Okay, okay I’ll text you the details. See you tomorrow then!”

“You definitely will. Bye.”

*DING*

There was a notification not even a second after they hung up.

WOW. She’s fast. Moonbyul thought as she opened her messages. Her heart felt warm when she read the text and at the same time, felt a slight tinge of disappointment.

Yeba Yongdunnie: Byul-ahhhh

Yeba Yongdunnie: Do you want to watch a film tomorrow? I’ll treat you lunch too! Please. I am bored TT

Moonbyul: Ah, sorry unnie I alr-

*DING*

Another message from Solar came in before Moonbyul could even finish her text. It was a photo of her sporting the cutest pout in the history of mankind- Moonbyul is ready to fight anyone who says otherwise.

She really knows how to get me. SHE KNOWS.

Moonbyul sighed. She felt her heart sink a little with the thought of cancelling on Krystal but she scrolled back up to the photo that Solar sent her and she didn’t even know what she was thinking when she replied, “Okay, okay. But you have to pay for everything!”. Well, maybe she wasn’t thinking after all.

Moonbyul: Hey, so sorry. I have to raincheck because Yongsun-unnie asked me a favour.

Krsytal <3: Oh, okay.

Well now I feel like I'm doing Krystal wrong too.

-

“Byul-ah!” Solar waved animatedly as she approached Moonbyul with her signature smile, showcasing her full set of teeth. She’s wearing a cute yellow dress that hangs just above her knee and her brown hair tied up in a bun, exposing her neck, which made Moonbyul her lips unconsciously.

God, why does she have to be so ing pretty.

Moonbyul smiled back at her.

“Byul-ah, it’s been a while since our last Yongkong Byulkong date,” Solar said.

Solar was away for a bit and had to spend her free time with her family since she hadn’t really visited them for quite a while due to conflicting schedules and she reckons it’s best to do it before their comeback or it will have to be pushed back again.

Moonbyul’s heart skipped at the word ‘date’ but she tried her hardest to shrug it off, knowing that the older girl didn’t mean that way, and nodded. “Yeah, I know you miss me unnie. That’s why I’m here, right?” she added, earning herself a smack to her shoulder.

“Yah!”

They went to one of their favourite cafés to have lunch. It was quarter to one when their food arrived and the place had quieted down from the rush hour so both Moonbyul and Solar enjoyed their little spot at the corner of the shop where it’s pretty much isolated that the only way to get a view of them would be the one table that’s directly across from where they’re seated.

“So, what have you been up to?” Solar asked as she took a sip from her strawberry milkshake.

“Uh-“

Moonbyul felt her phone vibrate and checked to see who it was, glad that she found a perfect excuse to avoid the question because how the hell is she going to say that she’s been spending her free time on a girl that she’s currently talking to?

Krystal <3: Okay, how about you make it up to me on Thursday?

“Who’s that?” Solar queried innocently.

“Ah. Just a friend,” Moonbyul answered as she put her phone back into the pocket of her jeans, feeling a little guilty. She looked up to see Solar looking at her. “Uhm, do I have something on my face?”

“You look really good in silver hair,” the leader said.

Moonbyul was thankful she didn’t have food in or she would have choked.

-

Moonbyul walked Solar to the front of her apartment. The sun had been replaced by the moon but the hot summer air sticked a bit longer.

“Thanks for tonight,” the older of the two said.

“Anything for you my princess,” Moonbyul said with a smirk. She loved teasing Solar because her reactions are just the cutest.

“AISH! That was my cue to go inside.” Solar rolled her eyes exaggeratedly. “Oh! Also, do you mind keeping me company on Thursday and Friday? I have to run some errands and I hate to do it all by myself.”

When she got no reply, Solar prepared to do an aegyo but Moonbyul sighed and said, “Ugh. You know exactly how to make me say ‘yes’ so I don’t even know why you still ask. Better to just demand me.”

Solar smiled from ear to ear and when Moonbyul saw that, she thought no regrets.

-

She was wrong.

As soon as she stepped into her own apartment, she felt phone vibrate again. This time it was a call.

“Hello?” Moonbyul answered without checking the caller ID.

“Miss Moon, did you plan on ignoring me the whole day?” came an icy voice. It sent shivers down Moonbyul’s spine even with the high-levels of humidity brought by the weather.

“N-no. I-“

“So, is Thursday a go or a no?”

“I- Sorry I have plans with Yongsun-unnie.”

“Friday?”

“Yeah… I will be with her too.”

Moonbyul thought she heard a faint scoff.

What am I to you Moon Byulyi?”

Then Krystal hung up.

-

A/N: This may seem a little rushed. I just didn't want to dwell too much outside of Moonsun's relationship. I guess I want to focus more on Moonbyul figuring herself out and obv Moonsun 'cause I am such a trash. Forgive me.