Chapter 8.

Level up.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’What’s wrong, are they that handsome’’ Soyun snickered while she looked over Gina’s shoulder to look at the pictures. ‘’Oh he is handsome’’.

‘’I can’t believe it’’ Gina muttered before she put her laptop away and stood up. She started wandering through her room. Jaebum, a trainee? But how? He never mentioned something like that. Well he did mention several times that he liked music and dancing, but other than that he never said something about being in a group. Yet alone something about a training. But lately, he had been more absent. And the more she thought about it, how more it made sense. The times when his voice was hoarse, and he would say that he overworked it. Or the times when he complained that his muscles wore sore from working out. The voices she would hear from time to time on the background when they were gaming. Whenever she asked who they were, he would quickly say that it were just some guys. Now it made sense that these where his others group members. This meant that he was a trainee all along, but never mentioned it. Suddenly she felt angry. She knew him for nearly 5 years now and in those years they shared everything. So how come he would leave something important like this behind as if it was nothing.

‘’Is there something wrong?’’ Soyun asked worriedly.

‘’I am fine, I just need some time alone’’ Gina said and she walked over her desk and grabbed her phone and laptop again.

‘’Okay, I will leave you alone, I am in my room if you need me’’ Soyun said while she stood up and gave Gina a sqeeuze in her knee. Gina felt bad for sending her away, but she had to call him and conform it for herself. The pictures didn’t lie, so now she had to see if he would lie to her. She unlocked her screen and dialed Jaebum’s phone number, in the hope that he would answer. After a few seconds, he picked up the phone to her surprise. It must be that they were in the same timezone now.

‘’Hey Gina, long time no see. I texted you yesterday but I didn’t get a response’’

‘’Hi Jaebum, err well I was quite busy sorry’’ she lied. She hated to lie but she didn’t want to tell him the real reason, because she wasn’t quite sure why she was so aggravated.

They started talking as if they had never left off, and before the call was about to end, Gina made sure she asked him what she wanted to ask from the beginning.

‘’Jaebum, we talk so much that I kinda forgot what your major was in college, so can you please tell me again?’’ that was a horrible lie. She wanted to make sure if he would really tell her that he was a trainee or not. So she had to play him a bit.

To her surprise it was a bit quiet on the other side of the phone. Then he started to chuckle.

‘’That’s a random question, but I..’’ he paused a bit ‘’I actually work now’’ he said. She could hear his hesitant voice. She knew he was lying, otherwise he wouldn’t pause like that.

‘’Oh where do you work?’’ she asked, making it seem like she was really interested. And there was a pause again. She could feel herself getting angrier.

‘’I have to leave now, sorry’’ and with that he ended the call. Dumbfound

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter