Chapter 7.

Level up.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Gina woke up feeling tired. They came home late last night, and watched a movie. And now she had to face the consequences, because she had to go to school and she was still tired from her jetlag. This was going to be long tiring day. She stood up and walked to the bathroom. She took a shower and put on her clothes. When she came back she found Soyun sitting on her bed.

‘’I think you got a text message‘’ she said sleepily while she pointed at her phone. She then stood up and went to the bathroom. They shared one bathroom that happens to be next to Gina’s room.

Gina picked up her phone, thinking that either her parents send her a text or Lilly. To her surprise, it was Jaebum.

‘’Hey, haven’t heard from you for a while. Everything okay?‘’ Pfsh, it wasn’t her fault that he didn’t hear from her. He barely texted or called her, and when she did he would never text or call back. She was about to text him, but decided that she would wait with it. I will make you feel what I feel.

They both had some time before their classes started, so they went to a small restaurant to have breakfast. After that they went to the University where they found out that they were in the same class.

‘’Well that’s a relief, no one who can bother each other by waking up early while the other can sleep in’’ Soyun said while walking to the class. They just received their schedule for the second semester, and luckily they didn’t have a lot of classes. That means more sparetime on working on her portfolio and more time to go soghtseeing. She had a list to finish.

‘’Is that all you can think about, sleep? Nonetheless, I am happy’’ before she walked in the class she saw something colorful hanging on the schoolboard. She walked to it and took a look. It was a pamphlet for a design contest.

‘’Want to work with a great team and make a name for yourself? Send in your resume and portfolio, and win a chance to design something that will be seen through Korea and other parts of the world! A great chance to make a name for yourself!’’

There was an email written under the pamphlet, but other than that it didn’t say which company it was from. She took it and went over to Soyun to show it.

‘’Have you seen this? It was on the schoolboard’’ Gina asked Soyun while she showed her the pamphlet. Soyun took it and looked at it briefly before giving it back.

‘’They always put these around the school, but I never participated. I have my hands full with my own stuff so that’s why I won’t even bother to spend more time on something else’’ Gina took the pamphlet and put it her bag. ‘’Plus, they don’t even say which company it is from. It may even be a unknown company, so why even bother?’’

‘’Well, it doesn’t hurt to try, does it?’’ she asked while they took place at the last row in the room.

‘’No, I would go for it if I were you. You are lucky that you are only here for a semester, but my hands are full with all the work we have to finish for the end of the schoolyear. That’s why haven’t got the chance to participate with those’’. Gina nodded at her, and made her decision. Today after school she is going to send them her resume and portfolio, hoping that she would get the job. It wasn’t necessarily that she wanted to work, it’s just that she wanted to gain some more experience. Especially in a place like Seoul where everything is so modern and ahead of time.

School went by quickly, and to her surprise she even met new people. She was the only exchange student, so she was in the center of attention. Yet they treated her nicely.

As soon as she entered the dorm room she grabbed her laptop and send an email and her portfolio to the email that was on the pamphlet.

‘’Hoping for some good luck’’ she mumbled before pressing sent.

After a week, she got an invitation for an interview. It turned out that there weren’t a lot of people who sent in their work. The meeting was held in a small coffeeshop. The person who was going to interview her was a young woman. Gina was about to give her a hand when she realized that she had to bow. She quickly withdrew her hand and took a quick bow before sitting in front of her. What a great way to start the interview. Luckily the woman could laugh about it.

‘’So, let’s get right into business. You are officially an Am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter